Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 942943944945946 1770>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 4:48pm
also if you search for 'sport stream live tv' on Facebook they have a stream for it there
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 5:05pm
Mourinho sent to the stands again. Loving the slow motion car crash this season lads, thanks Clap
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 6:42pm
Mourinho is a big problem, his behaviour on the touch line is unacceptable, alienating what seems like a different player every week is terrible man management! Starting to think United might not win the league this season.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 6:52pm
I thought United were bad, but wow they really are atrocious now aren't they. Is any chance of top 4 gone already? Really looks like it has. Incredible when you consider what they've spent on this side! 

On the game, how was there not a penalty given against Rojo for handball? Much like Monreal earlier, when your hand is that far out like that it really should be given. Also, surely Pogba should go for a blatant second yellow late in the game? For a manager and a team whingeing constantly about refereeing decisions they seem to get a huge amount of big calls any time I watch them.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 6:53pm
They should sack Mourinho and get in Big Ron at the very least until the end of the season. The way they are going they could be relegated.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I thought United were bad, but wow they really are atrocious now aren't they. Is any chance of top 4 gone already? Really looks like it has. Incredible when you consider what they've spent on this side! 

On the game, how was there not a penalty given against Rojo for handball? Much like Monreal earlier, when your hand is that far out like that it really should be given. Also, surely Pogba should go for a blatant second yellow late in the game? For a manager and a team whingeing constantly about refereeing decisions they seem to get a huge amount of big calls any time I watch them.

Sleepy

Jesus christ you are a tedious tedious poster. The sole reason why there needs to be a ignore button on this forum
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 6:59pm
13 games in, 20 points on the board. Will do well to hit 60 points at the end of the season at this rate. Is Mourinho now doing a far worse job than LVG or even Moyes dare I say it? Maybe a motivator like Big Ron is the way forward. Pardew has the potential to do that and will be free to pick up soon enough Thumbs Up
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 7:01pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Sleepy

Jesus christ you are a tedious tedious poster. The sole reason why there needs to be a ignore button on this forum

Apologies. United were great today. United are great in general. Another brilliant performance. It's all on the verge of clicking. We are going to win the league. Yada, yada, yada.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 7:16pm
Disappointing result but I thought United were very good in the first half and probably tired towards the end of the other.
West Ham looked a lot fresher towards the end and I was expecting the kick in the balls winner from them.

I think United deserved to win and if Rashford scored the one on one they might've went on from there. Another 2 points lost when everyone else won makes top 4 a very tough proposition.

There is a big difference between United drawing or losing these type of games under LVG and Jose where United are playing a lot better and making more chances with finally a bit of overlapping and runs in behind the defence.

United do need the rival teams to drop points over the Christmas period so they can keep within at least 5 points of the top 4

Couldn't begrudge West Ham their point and nearly won it at the end. Randolph was fantastic and he should be kept in that starting 11 so delighted for him.

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Nov 2016 at 7:19pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 8:13pm
People giving out and saying Jose's lost the plot for showing some passion on the sidelines....where as if Klopp or Conte go mad on the touchline they're praised for showing some passion.
LVG sat on his arse for two years and people moaned. Jose is up giving it welly and apparently that's not right either!!!
He kicked a water bottle...any other manager does that they stay on. Wenger be throwing them around the place every week and nothing is done ffs

As for the game itself. I don't know anymore. United seem to have lost their sense of ruthlessness. United of old would have won that game 5-1. Everything they do is slowed down and kills the game. Pogba giving the ball away for fun at times again today. The gimp started West Hams last three attacks
And don't even get me started on Jesse Lingard....

Edited by ShamtheRam - 27 Nov 2016 at 8:14pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 8:29pm
thats four draws in the last four home games that ought to have been four wins. Don't know what Mourinho can do when his team just isnt finishing the chances they're creating. Also not a hope that Conte or Klopp would have been sent to the stands

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 27 Nov 2016 at 8:30pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

thats four draws in the last four home games that ought to have been four wins. Don't know what Mourinho can do when his team just isnt finishing the chances they're creating. Also not a hope that Conte or Klopp would have been sent to the stands

Cry me a river, Wenger got sent off for doing the exact same thing at Old Trafford last season.

As for "I don't know what Mourinho can do" re finishing chances, when you spend over a £150 million in the summer you'd expect a better return on your investment. 

Easy deflect and point the finger instead of manning up and realizing this United team are bang average. 

Edited by Green Devil - 27 Nov 2016 at 8:38pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 8:41pm

I don't think we should go down that road of Jose being the victim that faces consequences other managers wouldn't.

At least United are looking like a more cohesive unit rather than the huge gaps in between midfield and the forwards along with lack of support up top. It's not going for them at the moment but anyone watching United's last few games can see an improvement.

As sickened as I am with the results not going their way at least they''re doing the right things and it'll change.

Have to admit I think Jones and especially Rojo haven't done too bad given the injuries and expectancy levels. Darmian who I like isn't really a left back. I think he's played centre back before and wouldn't mind seeing what he'd be like there at some stagethat isn't in a vital game.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I don't think we should go down that road of Jose being the victim that faces consequences other managers wouldn't.

At least United are looking like a more cohesive unit rather than the huge gaps in between midfield and the forwards along with lack of support up top. It's not going for them at the moment but anyone watching United's last few games can see an improvement.

As sickened as I am with the results not going their way at least they''re doing the right things and it'll change.

Have to admit I think Jones and especially Rojo haven't done too bad given the injuries and expectancy levels. Darmian who I like isn't really a left back. I think he's played centre back before and wouldn't mind seeing what he'd be like there at some stage that isn't in a vital game.

Tough to see what isn't a vital game at this point. Europa League could be the only way into the Champions League next season. Every Premier League game is essentially a must win and has been for some time. 

I'm actually happier watching the performances than i have been in quite a long time, there's been improvement across the board. The results not following has been perplexing to say the least. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 8:51pm
I really don't get the panic among Man United fans, Mourinho's second season at a club is usually his best and it's going to take a lot of time for him to overhaul this squad.

If he can get United into the top 4 places come May it will be a very good achievement, expectations have to be lowered to progress imo. 

Just look at Chelsea, when was the last night Roman said to a manager "get me 4th and I will be happy"
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Cry me a river, Wenger got sent off for doing the exact same thing at Old Trafford last season.

As for "I don't know what Mourinho can do" re finishing chances, when you spend over a £150 million in the summer you'd expect a better return on your investment. 

Easy deflect and point the finger instead of manning up and realizing this United team are bang average. 

Pogba has been extremely good for the last couple of months (United's best player along with Mata), Bailly before he was injured was United's  best defender, Zlatan hasn't reached the heights that he did previously at PSG but with 9 goals in 19 and a handful of assists has had an ok start to his United career. the Mkhitaryan situation is puzzling to say the least but the new signings have done well. 

What does thinking they're bang average have to do with it? I can't picture any fan of any team saying "we created 10 chances in that game and still only came away with a draw, but it doesn't matter because we're bang average" The team has dropped 8 points at home that they shouldn't have, which has very little to do with how good or bad anyone thinks they are. They're creating enough that they should be winning games, and yet they're squandering what they create at a rate of knots. In a situation like that, I personally don't think the blame ought to be laid at the manager's doorstep.

If the team were getting outplayed week in week out like they have been many times over the last 3 and a half years, it'd be a different story
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Pogba has been extremely good for the last couple of months (United's best player along with Mata), Bailly before he was injured was United's  best defender, Zlatan hasn't reached the heights that he did previously at PSG but with 9 goals in 19 and a handful of assists has had an ok start to his United career. the Mkhitaryan situation is puzzling to say the least but the new signings have done well. 

What does thinking they're bang average have to do with it? I can't picture any fan of any team saying "we created 10 chances in that game and still only came away with a draw, but it doesn't matter because we're bang average" The team has dropped 8 points at home that they shouldn't have, which has very little to do with how good or bad anyone thinks they are. They're creating enough that they should be winning games, and yet they're squandering what they create at a rate of knots. In a situation like that, I personally don't think the blame ought to be laid at the manager's doorstep.

If the team were getting outplayed week in week out like they have been many times over the last 3 and a half years, it'd be a different story

Drawing 4 home games in a row when creating numerous chances but not being clinical enough to finish them tells me your team is average.

The really good teams find goals from everywhere. 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 9:12pm
When United signed Pogba Ibrahimovic, and Mkhitaryan i was hopeful they would challenge for the title. Only someone who was living in a cave the last few years would have been expectant of it. Once it started going tits up result wise the reality set in again that it could be a long season. I think they're playing the best sustained period of football in the last 6 or 7 games that i've seen them play in the past three years, which isn't a very impressive achievement, but nevertheless encouraging. I would be over the moon with 4th at this point but i dont see it happening. I think they're a good team that is struggling to find their killer instinct to go out and convert what they're doing into goals and points, rather than being any more unlucky than other teams, although the fact that there have been some immense defensive performances at Old Trafford from visiting teams recently hasn't helped.  

I think Mourinho will have the luxury of time to get things right, as a United fan I along with many others am all too aware that the team has been in royal sh*t since Fergie retired and that the bar is set fairly low at the minute for what Mourinho is expected to accomplish - an improvement on last year is probably the main one, which it has been with the football played in the last couple of months. If he doesn't lose the plot entirely and have a go at everyone this year (possible) he'll get two years minimum, and probably more if the team doesn't regress even further in that period
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 942943944945946 1770>
  Share Topic