You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 3:49pm
United are beating leeds 3-1 at half time on Setanta from the 2001-02 season. This will either depress you, cheer you up or anger you depending on whether you are a glass half full/empty/broken and stuck in someone's face type of person
Back o' the Net !
Sponsored Links

Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 4:41pm
Bet Fergie is sick he sold O'SheaLOL
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Newcastle deserved the win. Quality all over the park. United were dire.

What Park adds to the side i do not know. Tiote is a great player. Will prob move to Liverpool and be ruined as a footballer, like Carroll and Downing Thumbs Up
LOL
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

united will still win the league, you heard it here first Thumbs Up

Clap 
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:26pm
I thought it was a bad decision tonight by Fergie to drop De Gea (unlike most United fans I have come across who seemed to think it was a masterclass before the game) in favour of Lindegaard. I think it is simply knocking a player when he is obviously dejected after the Blackburn game and the blame he received. It is clearly scapegoating a player despite Ferguson saying after the blackburn game when asked "was de Gea at fault for the final goal", he replied "they were all at fault for the goal" and swiftly moved on. Clearly he isn't confident in De Gea but I felt that actually the best thing to have done would have been to keep playing the lad and show faith in him.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:54pm
Delighted Trapped kindly bought my tickets for this game Clap
ilovetrap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovetrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:58pm
uniteds goalie wasnt the problem tonite prob their best player which wudnt be hard,united are finished lucky if they get 3rd this season,city have it in the bag
Twice_Daly View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twice_Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by The Drifter The Drifter wrote:

I thought it was a bad decision tonight by Fergie to drop De Gea (unlike most United fans I have come across who seemed to think it was a masterclass before the game) in favour of Lindegaard. I think it is simply knocking a player when he is obviously dejected after the Blackburn game and the blame he received. It is clearly scapegoating a player despite Ferguson saying after the blackburn game when asked "was de Gea at fault for the final goal", he replied "they were all at fault for the goal" and swiftly moved on. Clearly he isn't confident in De Gea but I felt that actually the best thing to have done would have been to keep playing the lad and show faith in him.

if lindergaard played so well in his previous games and didnt come into question and De Gea played bad when given his chance, of course Ferguson isnt going to be confident in De Gea.

The 1st 2 goals tonight were well taken. id have Lindergaard in goals any day, De Gea's presence and communication is not up to scratch for EPL yet.
NUNS ARE PEOPLE TOO
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 2:19am
Yeah, the goalkeeper position was just a side show last night - the real battle took place in centre midfield and United were more or less destroyed in that department. Giggs was decent in possession, but just doesn't have the legs any more to be effective enough without it. Tiote and Cabaye were just too much for them in the end last night.

Oh, and Ferdinand is more or less a liability at this stage - startling how such a quality player can decline so quickly. I'd hardly say he was at fault for the first goal, but I'd be confident enough that Ferdinand in his prime would have got tight enough to Ba to block the shot. And how in God's name the ref didn't give that peno I'll never know!

Still, think it's far too premature to write United off at this point - they've still got a good few injuries and if they get those players back they'll be a force again. Surely Ferguson needs to seriously look into signing a CM in January though.
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 3:41am

What CM should they be targeting dya think?,either of the Newcastle midfielders would walk onto the united team,two great signings,id be delighted if we could take one but to be honest id like to see them stay at the toon,good to see them doing well. I think we missed a trick with Parker in the summer,would have been perfect for United,i think a DM is more of a priority than a playmaker,we have been shambolic at times,although a lot of that could be down to a complete lack of consistency in the back 4.

Rodwell for me,young,premier league experience,all round solid midfielder €20 million isnt too bad either,these days!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Weecounty Weecounty wrote:

He never played O'Shea at CB though. Don't think he would have been their answer to their problems in centre midfield either.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 3:54am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Weecounty Weecounty wrote:

He never played O'Shea at CB though. Don't think he would have been their answer to their problems in centre midfield either.
He had a shocker at CB one game about 3-4 years ago,cant remember who it was against,it was an important enough fixture and Fergie never trusted him in there again and O'Shea in CM very rarely happened
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:12am
Last night was just a minor blip for United on the way to title #20!! Clap
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:16am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Last night was just a minor blip for United on the way to title #20!! Clap
+1 Clap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:19am
is this lad Pogba not ready for an appearance in the first team? surely would be an improvement on the likes of Rafael or Park, he has a big reputation. i noticed Will Keane came on ahead of him at the weekend, and actually became one of Blackburns most important defenders!!
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:26am
Some odd points being raised.

I don't Ferdinand had a bad game at all...don't know where people are getting that from, probably the slo-mo of the first goal???  I thought he did OK...Ba is some player for holding the ball up...

United's main problem is Young injured at the moment at the same time Smalling is - because not having the width is really what United are struggling with, creatively.  The lack of width and incosistency in names in the back 4.  It seems to change every week.

If Smalling was fit, we'd have Valencia one side, Nani the other.  If Young was fit, Nani one side, Young the other.  It makes such a massive difference - a huge difference to how we use the ball when in possession.  That has been largely missing the last two games.  

Defensively we are all over the place...Injuries galore and a different back 5 seem to be playing every game.  It's unreal how important to have consistency in that area is...Liverpool are sh*te, but their consistent in the players they use in the back four and have become a real unit there...hard to break down.  United are easy to break down.

If we don't start getting layers returning from injury - and staying injury-free, we may not amass the 86 points I said we'd get to win the league at the start of the season...It's a worry.

Too many United fans pointing fingers at particular players saying he ain't good enough, he's sh*te, buy some one in that position....That's all knee-jerk nonsense.  United need consistency in their set-up and they just don't have it because from September onwards they've constantly had about 8-10 injuries..every week.  

...On a further note, this is just a thread for the Newcastle v United game....Any other points relating to United a new thread can be made.  This is a football forum - it's supposed to be open for all readers.  If we start creating threads specific to each club, the rest of teh world forum would die...Why would Liverpool fans just wanna be discussing things with Liverpool fans or United fans just discusing with United fans?  Doesn't make sense!  Each topic had it's own forum - it's what makes this ROW section the one of the best football discussion places in Ireland.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:52am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Some odd points being raised.

I don't Ferdinand had a bad game at all...don't know where people are getting that from, probably the slo-mo of the first goal???  I thought he did OK...Ba is some player for holding the ball up...

United's main problem is Young injured at the moment at the same time Smalling is - because not having the width is really what United are struggling with, creatively.  The lack of width and incosistency in names in the back 4.  It seems to change every week.

If Smalling was fit, we'd have Valencia one side, Nani the other.  If Young was fit, Nani one side, Young the other.  It makes such a massive difference - a huge difference to how we use the ball when in possession.  That has been largely missing the last two games.  

Defensively we are all over the place...Injuries galore and a different back 5 seem to be playing every game.  It's unreal how important to have consistency in that area is...Liverpool are sh*te, but their consistent in the players they use in the back four and have become a real unit there...hard to break down.  United are easy to break down.

If we don't start getting layers returning from injury - and staying injury-free, we may not amass the 86 points I said we'd get to win the league at the start of the season...It's a worry.

Too many United fans pointing fingers at particular players saying he ain't good enough, he's sh*te, buy some one in that position....That's all knee-jerk nonsense.  United need consistency in their set-up and they just don't have it because from September onwards they've constantly had about 8-10 injuries..every week.  

...On a further note, this is just a thread for the Newcastle v United game....Any other points relating to United a new thread can be made.  This is a football forum - it's supposed to be open for all readers.  If we start creating threads specific to each club, the rest of teh world forum would die...Why would Liverpool fans just wanna be discussing things with Liverpool fans or United fans just discusing with United fans?  Doesn't make sense!  Each topic had it's own forum - it's what makes this ROW section the one of the best football discussion places in Ireland.

I missed the game last night,just caught the highlights,so I cant comment on Ferdinands performance but hes not the player he was,surely you can concede that?
Your obviously a big Man U fan...who would u like to see them bring in?,do you think we need anybody?

Edited by greengiant - 05 Jan 2012 at 4:52am
Twice_Daly View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twice_Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 5:01am
agreed that ferdinand did ok, you couldnt really blame him. he's been much improved lately. Tiote, Ba and Cabaye are solid, good players. it will be interesting to see how newcastle cope without Tiote and Ba.

hate that knee jerk nonsense too about fans looking to buy all the time. Remember how we struggled last year and when Valencia came back fit, just one player, it was like getting in a new signing and it freshened up the team. plenty of utd players due back soon and they are good enough to make the team stronger ( smalling & especially Tom cleverley IMO)
NUNS ARE PEOPLE TOO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 1770>
  Share Topic