You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16801681168216831684 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

He is there 6 years and has won two major trophies , he has been here before with Liverpool it has nt all been sweetness and light .
One of those trophies Liverpool haven't won for 30 years.

Man Utd have not won a major trophy since 2013, stay focused.
Sponsored Links

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

He is there 6 years and has won two major trophies , he has been here before with Liverpool it has nt all been sweetness and light .
One of those trophies Liverpool haven't won for 30 years.

Man Utd have not won a major trophy since 2013, stay focused.

Not sure what your diet of football is but Europa league FA cup and League cup are certainly considered major trophies , not as prestigious as the big two but certainly considered major trophies.
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:23pm
Harry Kane to Utd seems like a natural fit. Can’t really see him at City and don’t think He’d move to another London club.
Not a Liverpool type player either 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Harry Kane to Utd seems like a natural fit. Can’t really see him at City and don’t think He’d move to another London club.
With Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford & Martial all capable of playing there do they really need to spend 100+ million on him? Seems a bit mad, money would be much better spent elsewhere IMO 

Edited by 9fingers - 17 May 2021 at 11:33pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

With Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford & Martial all capable of playing there do they really need to spend 100+ million on him? Seems a bit mad, money would be much better spent elsewhere IMO 

Its Kane. I think they would win the title next yr if they bought him. Absolute no brainer. None of the above come close to him. Cavani in his prime yes. 
I love beer gardens
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Martial is not good enough and Cavani has one seasons left max and Rashford and Greenwood can play on the wings. They should sell Martial and sign Kane. 
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:45pm
Would prefer if United prioritised the Sancho signing, it’s not feasible for any team to buy Kane this summer.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Would prefer if United prioritised the Sancho signing, it’s not feasible for any team to buy Kane this summer.

Over Kane? They wud be nuts.
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Over Kane? They wud be nuts.

The Sancho deal seems reasonably straight forward. The last thing United need is another drawn out transfer saga where they ultimately miss out on the player. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:50pm
Kane just seems like a Man U player. I dont see him as a complete sellout going to moneybags city either. Think he would fancy playing for the club loved around the world and with a realistic chance of challenging next year. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:56pm

That’d be my thinking. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:27am

Kane just seems like a Man U player. I dont see him as a complete sellout going to moneybags city either. Think he would fancy playing for the club loved around the world and with a realistic chance of challenging next year. 

As opposed to Moneybags United?LOL

He'll end up at whatever club misses out on Haaland IMO.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:17am

Man U need more than Kane to have a realistic chance of challenging for the league and champions league.

They have not been close since Fergie left.
Being 2nd and 10 pts off is not a challenge if the team wins with a few games to spare. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 6:52am

Yea because players leaving one club for another and getting a wage increase in the process only happens when they go to moneybags City. Sellouts LOL

Would be a tough call for him, work with Pep or work with Ole 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:53am
Really can't see kane leaving this summer despite him wanting out. Levy will set the price too high and won't budge. Best case for United is they sign Sancho and Rice (he covers both dm and cb problems) and go back for Kane next summer when the price is lower and Cavani leaves.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:26am
7 0-0 draws this season a Kane or a Haaland will change that and have United a lot closer to City .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yea because players leaving one club for another and getting a wage increase in the process only happens when they go to moneybags City. Sellouts LOL

Would be a tough call for him, work with Pep or work with Ole 

Maybe sellout and moneybags was wrong term. Apologies. But I mean I could see Kane more so going for the club with the big history. I definitely think going to city and playing with those great players and Pep is a big pull factor too. But the chance to be the number 1 striker at the arguably the biggest club in the world for me looking at Kane and trying to judge his character, I think he might fancy Utd.

Furthermore, I see Utd or Chelsea the more likely to buy him over City anyway 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:13am
Total guess but I’d say Citys number 1 target for striker is Haaland
Fits their age profile better
Can’t see them forking out 100m+ for a 28 year old 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16801681168216831684 1770>
  Share Topic