Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16031604160516061607 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:19pm
Spurs were brutal

Seriously can anyone find Kane’s stats from that game 
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:31pm
Keane's rants are good box office, part authentic psycho, part antidote to the usual blandness you get from pundits. The punters lap it up. I think Gary Neville is the best at calling it like it is.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Some challenge by Dier there

United the better team here. Would be interesting to see how many times Kane has touched the ball or how many passes he’s completed 

It was a weak peno to give away. 

Man Utd deserved something from the game but I don’t think they would have scored tonight other than the peno.

Kane was poor tonight but nobody to replace him with. 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Keane's rants are good box office, part authentic psycho, part antidote to the usual blandness you get from pundits. The punters lap it up. I think Gary Neville is the best at calling it like it is.

Not a big Sky fan or I wasn't but they have the best pundits in the game now for the EPL.

Neville
Carragher
Souness
Keane

all good viewing.

The first 2 have great knowledge and can give the viewers great insights into the tactics that the average punter wouldn't spot.

Souness and Keane are the grumpy old men and are there like 2 grumpy uncles to ''tell it like it is'' but are really just there to have the odd rant
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Dan James is honestly one of the worst footballers to have played for United! A Championship player at best yet Ole starts him again.

He reminds a lot of James McClean, in that he was pretty much an unknown quantity starting off in the Premier League and surprised people early on, he has now been sussed out to the point where teams know all he really has is pace.

He hasn't scored since August, granted he has 5 or 6 assists but his general play in a lot of games is pretty limited to very little.

Agree. He's very quick, started the season well but looks well marshalled in games since then. He's still pretty young so he may adjust his game in the next few years. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Some challenge by Dier there

United the better team here. Would be interesting to see how many times Kane has touched the ball or how many passes he’s completed 

It was a weak peno to give away. 
Man Utd deserved something from the game but I don’t think they would have scored tonight other than the peno.
Kane was poor tonight but nobody to replace him with. 

I was talking about the tackle/block before the penalty when Martial looked like he was going to score

The penalty itself was stupid by him.

United had better options off the bench
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 10:54pm
It was a very good result for United imo given they were behind and Pogba did pretty well when he came on. 

Chelsea's next 3 games are against a team fighting relegation (Villa away) and two CL challengers so they may only come out with 2/3 points in those games. Even if United drop points  drawing against Sheffield United and beat Brighton they'll only be a point behind Chelsea going into the last 6 games.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:28pm

Dan James is honestly one of the worst footballers to have played for United! A Championship player at best yet Ole starts him again.

He reminds a lot of James McClean, in that he was pretty much an unknown quantity starting off in the Premier League and surprised people early on, he has now been sussed out to the point where teams know all he really has is pace.

He hasn't scored since August, granted he has 5 or 6 assists but his general play in a lot of games is pretty limited to very little.

Yeah that's pretty spot on...Draw deserved result. Bruno is a grade A ****. Rolling around like he had been shot all game and then trying to cheat to win a peno. Also have bookings for diving and also kicking the ball away been done away with in football?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 1:18am
Point re James McClean is a bit facile. McClean was a force of nature for Sunderland until the club ducked out of backing him over the poppy issue. Wigan did give him a voice on it and he ended up taking a big wage cut and descent into the Championship for his principles. Bad mistake by Sunderland who had nobody else to do McClean's job in the team. They went downhill quickly. Dan James needs good players behind him to play to his strengths, like all wingers, so the jury is out on him for the time being.

Edited by Green Cockade - 20 Jun 2020 at 1:21am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Ok I watched it back. Wasn't quite as bad as my first impressions but brilliantLOL

You talking about covid 
AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 1:57am

Point re James McClean is a bit facile. McClean was a force of nature for Sunderland until the club ducked out of backing him over the poppy issue. Wigan did give him a voice on it and he ended up taking a big wage cut and descent into the Championship for his principles. Bad mistake by Sunderland who had nobody else to do McClean's job in the team. They went downhill quickly. Dan James needs good players behind him to play to his strengths, like all wingers, so the jury is out on him for the time being.

Please god tell me you’re not insinuating Sunderland went downhill because they got rid of McClean.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 7:16am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It was a very good result for United imo given they were behind and Pogba did pretty well when he came on. 

Chelsea's next 3 games are against a team fighting relegation (Villa away) and two CL challengers so they may only come out with 2/3 points in those games. Even if United drop points  drawing against Sheffield United and beat Brighton they'll only be a point behind Chelsea going into the last 6 games.

Chelsea have a tougher run in than Man U but I expect they will finish 3/4. 
However 5th may be enough if City get kicked out for one season (I don’t see them getting any ban tho). 

Man U have a lot of games against teams at the bottom. That’s been their problem all season. Cant break down teams who defend deep against them.

Lesta have to play Chelsea, Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, Sheffield Utd and Everton. They need to recapture their early season form or could be dragged into the battle for top 4.

Spurs won’t be in the top 6. Too many things gone wrong.

I expect Wolves will break in the top 6. 

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:25am

i think this is a very good point. I like Dan James, i think hes useful in certain situations but simply doesn't have enough to be a regular starter. A right wing player brought in in summer should relegated him to the bench.

A draw overall a fair result. Mourinho set out to stifle United, and they were too poor for long periods in the middle of the game. Starting Shaw over Williams was a mistake, the ball to Aurier caused problems the entire first half as the right flank was completely open for Spurs. Felt McTominay, Martial and Rashford had poor games too - all three anonymous and Rashford should've done better with his chance in the first half. The less said about Maguire and De Gea for the goal is better - still strongly believe De Gea should be sold.

Positives - Bruno world class again, and he's starting to benefit from defenders becoming spooked when he gets the ball. Pogba turned the game with his skill when he came on, Matic anchored the two very effectively.

Will take a draw considering it's probably United's toughest game in the run-in until the last day, and it seemed to be a case that United took too long to get going, and too long to introduce Pogba. Should be looking to win on Wednesday and put some daylight between them and Sheffield. 

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 20 Jun 2020 at 10:29am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:15pm

Come off it ffs, he was very good from when he was given his debut until the end of the season then he was found out per say the following season so take off the green tinted specs.

That's absolute tripe aswell seeing as they reached the League Cup Final and finished 14th the following season (after selling McClean) as opposed to finishing 17th the previous season.

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Jun 2020 at 6:20pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:16pm
I know United are 8 points behind with a much inferior goal difference but looking at Leicester's run in, I think United actually have a better chance of overtaking them in the CL positions than Chelsea.

Chelsea were very good yesterday and I'd fancy them to get at least a draw against City. I don't see United finishing ahead of Chelsea but maybe Leicester. That said I think United will probably drop points from 2 or 3 games against opposition they'd expect to beat in the run in and finish 5th.  

Wolves are also dark horses for 4th spot.   

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Jun 2020 at 10:16pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:18pm
since Ferguson retired Man united have scored 5 or more goals in a league game once
Man City have done it 26 times 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 11:07pm

since Ferguson retired Man united have scored 5 or more goals in a league game once
Man City have done it 26 times 
That's the 5-5 draw at WBA that came just after he announced his retirement?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 11:10pm
No it was away to Cardiff early in Solskjaer’s reign in December 2018

Ferguson’s last game in charge would be deemed as being before he had retired 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16031604160516061607 1770>
  Share Topic