Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15571558155915601561 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:40pm
Arsenal have the better team
I fancy them
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:46pm
Score draw
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:52pm
The form of Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United has been very erratic and inconsistent. I expect that to continue throughout the season. Writing teams like Manchester United or Chelsea off is nonsense. Spurs are in turmoil themselves with players running down their contracts. Leicester City here is your chance. Will you take it,?
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

The form of Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United has been very erratic and inconsistent. I expect that to continue throughout the season. Writing teams like Manchester United or Chelsea off is nonsense. Spurs are in turmoil themselves with players running down their contracts. Leicester City here is your chance. Will you take it,?

On the contrary, anyone not writing United off is talking utter nonsense. The proof is before people's eyes. Why do they choose not the to take this information in (the performances of the team, the performances of the manager). It is delusion to think United will finish top 4. They are a truly broken team and there's far more chance of their manager being sacked in a month or 2 than top 4 being achieved.

In saying that, I do think it will be an absolute dog fight for top 4 between a lot of sides, all finishing miles off Liverpool and City. Spurs should be comfortably 3rd with the squad they have but something is definitely off there. You'd still expect them to finish top 4 though. 

Anyone thinking that this season is right there for United just look at the performances and stats. They can't attack. The manager is clearly hopeless. It is serious delusion imo.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:42am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If Pooch has another good season with spurs he won't downgrade himself to united. They'd have to pay him an absolute fortune. The problem at United is far bigger then the manager. 
Spurs fans would give him dogs abuse I’d say 
LOLLOLLOL

And yes massive chance for the one hit wonders leceister to make CL. 

Edited by eireland - 27 Sep 2019 at 3:43am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Leicester City here is your chance. Will you take it,?
Their chance was in 2016, and yes they did take it
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If Pooch has another good season with spurs he won't downgrade himself to united. They'd have to pay him an absolute fortune. The problem at United is far bigger then the manager. 
Spurs fans would give him dogs abuse I’d say 

LOL

Apparently looking like Martial won't be back before the next international break now. Also Pogba might be out for Monday too after picking up a bad knock to his ankle midweek. So no Martial, Rashford or Pogba for the Arsenal game.

Their players seem to be getting a lot of muscle based injuries. Over trained in pre-season maybe?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 10:33am

If Utd suffer a heavy defeat against Arsenal don't be surprised to see Ole shown the door shortly afterwards. The teams performances are woeful and have been an issue long before Ole was appointed on a permanent basis. 

He is a charlatan! Selling Lukaku was a serious failure in man-management. As was letting Herrera leave. A fully fit and motivated Lukaku is up there in the top 10 strikers in the world. Power, pace and finishing, Lukaku has it all. What are Utd left with? A hopelessly fickle front line.

They will finish outside the top 6 if they don't get in a competent manager.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

If Utd suffer a heavy defeat against Arsenal don't be surprised to see Ole shown the door shortly afterwards. The teams performances are woeful and have been an issue long before Ole was appointed on a permanent basis. 

He is a charlatan! Selling Lukaku was a serious failure in man-management. As was letting Herrera leave. A fully fit and motivated Lukaku is up there in the top 10 strikers in the world. Power, pace and finishing, Lukaku has it all. What are Utd left with? A hopelessly fickle front line.

Lukaku doesn't suit a counter attacking game though?

You need serious pace on the break to play it, Lukaku isn't quick enough to lead the line.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There comes a time when you have to stop changing manager. I just don't think he's good enough to be managing at that level. Don't see a sacking coming anytime soon though

So just because you appointed three previous managers who weren't up to the job, you should stick with a fourth even if he's proving not up to it as well?

That's quite a twist on Einstein's famous definition of insanity! LOL

(Not writing off OGS completely just yet, btw, though he's looking increasingly out of his depth)

Edited by Territorial - 27 Sep 2019 at 1:45pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 1:50pm

I didn't say that.

But I haven't heard any Man United fans calling for Solskjaer's head for that exact reason.
As Rio Ferdinand said last week outside West Ham's stadium to a group of fans who interviewed him - do we just keep changing the manager every few months?

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm

I didn't say that.

Fair enough, I incorrectly inferred it.

But I haven't heard any Man United fans calling for Solskjaer's head for that exact reason.
Then they're idiots.

As Rio Ferdinand said last week outside West Ham's stadium to a group of fans who interviewed him - do we just keep changing the manager every few months?
Jeez, talk about putting the cart before the horse!

The reason MU are in their present position is not because they keep sacking incompetent managers, it's because they keep appointing them.

So the answer is to appoint a competent one. And assuming OGS isn't that one, then you have to get him out before you can get it right next time.

Of course, if the next appointee should also prove not up to it, then you've got to sort out the process whereby you're making such dud appointments in the first place.

On which point, wasn't there talk of Ferdinand being given a job upstairs at OT?

I'd love it if they did, since he's as big an idiot as the deluded fans he was interviewing! LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I didn't say that.

Fair enough, I incorrectly inferred it.

Then they're idiots.

The reason MU are in their present position is not because they keep sacking incompetent managers, it's because they keep appointing them.

There are a lot more problems in the club that have contributed to their current position than who the manager is/was

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Lukaku doesn't suit a counter attacking game though?

You need serious pace on the break to play it, Lukaku isn't quick enough to lead the line.
I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that he doesn't suit a counter attacking style and isn't quick enough to lead the line. The stats show in March 2019 he held the record as the quickest player at United up to that point in the season recording a top speed of 34.89km/h.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:45pm
Disagree all you want, in a counter attacking team you need raw pace and to be mobile to play up front especially on your own and if you think Lukaku is that type of player you would be wrong. (Of course you're fully entitled to your opinion)

Lukaku isn't anywhere near mobile enough to play as a lone forward in the type of way United want to play under Solskjaer.

Is it any wonder he thrives in a front 2 or 3 in teams who aren't centred around the counter attack?

See Belgium and now Inter......

Edited by Green Devil - 27 Sep 2019 at 3:00pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:55pm
2018/19 season

Distance ran per game 

Rashford 9.35km
Lukaku 8.67km

Sprints per game

Rahsford 20.88
Lukaku 10.97

Rashford for most of Solskjaers reign has been as a number 9 also and the evidence above highlights even more the direction United want to go in under Ole.

Quick and mobile striker playing the lone role up top.

Edited by Green Devil - 27 Sep 2019 at 2:56pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:02pm
Selling Lukaku was the correct decision. Half the time watching him play he looks like a lad who won a raffle to get onto the pitch. His stats are also massively padded, he is by far the greatest garbage time goalscorer of all time. As for speed, he's like a Lada in the first 10 metres. He might be quick when he gets going, but by God he takes awhile to get going.

Not replacing Lukaku was the issue. Even if Solskjaer had faith in Martial, Rashford and Greenwood doing well in the striker role, another quality striker was needed. That would have given the flexibility to put Martial and Rashford wide at times with the new striker up top.

In saying that, it's just a list of comical calls by the club. They needed to sign at least 2 midfielders, probably more. Now McTominay is a certain starter in a United team LOL Perreira looks like he'll be involved in every game this season either starting or coming on LOL The attempts at rebuilding the squad are laughable and Solskjaer definitely had a big role in that. At the rate the rebuild is going it will be 10 years before they've a squad competent of challenging the top sides again.

Btw, on Ferdinand chatting to fans about changing managers etc. Pure PR job. Just look at Gary Neville. The spin machine is at full tilt - Neville saying Solskjaer needs a minimum 3-4 more transfer windows. Ferdinand was the buffoon screaming 'we're back. Ole's at the wheel.' This was after basically an utter fluke performance and win at PSG. No rational analysis was done, United were generally abysmal over both legs in that tie. Ferdinand will back Solskjaer to the last minute no matter how bad it's going. It will be interesting to hear these lads comments if United are bottom half around Christmas time as that's where they're heading.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:23pm
Looks like McTominay and Perreira are going to be mentioned on every post of yours Hans on this thread now LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15571558155915601561 1770>
  Share Topic