You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15551556155715581559 1770>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 4:06pm
it's kinda amazing that so many different managers all end up producing the same turgid footballl
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

it's kinda amazing that so many different managers all end up producing the same turgid footballl

Solskjaer is producing a worse level of football and results than anyone gone before. Turgid is actually a kind word for the current style of play. United would actually be a better side if they reappointed David Moyes last summer.

Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Young, Bailly, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Pogba, Perreira. Solksjaers biggest failing is not moving on most of these and essentially putting an entire new senior squad together. It's an absolute nonsense that it can't be done. Of course it can, it's just gonna take awhile then to bed all those new players together as a unit. As it is United are about 6 transfer windows away from moving on most of these wasters.

If Solksjaer can somehow last the season and move most of that dross on by next summer, then whoever comes next will have the bones of a clean slate to start from. Ideal situation being United line up an actual quality manager to come in next March/April and the club have already decided to dispense with most of these players services by next summer. United could conceivably move on then, albeit under the current owners and Woodward none of this looks realistic.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 1:41pm
Glaziers selling 15% of their shares apparently
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:00pm
Well that first half was cxxtish. LOL

United have nothing up front. 

Rochdale are terrible even given their lowly status but they could take United tonight. 

Pogba had a few blasts miles over the bar. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
Emmerdale equalise LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:39pm
It really does keep getting better for un-United 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:40pm
Utd should play for penalties now
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:08pm
Great win for United. Could be a Mark Robin's cup moment that. Solskjaer could well go onto greatness at Old Trafford after this.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 25 Sep 2019 at 10:08pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:30pm
Very average squad of players
Mid table standard, and a manager who’d be doing well to get a job in the championship 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Sep 2019 at 10:30pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:57pm
They could easily finish around 10th spot LOL LOL it's incredible that they've ended up here
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:04pm
Pigba is back the slide will accelerate 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Pigba is back the slide will accelerate 
I'm sorry, but how can Man U hope to get a proper performance out of him when they're only paying him a measly £300k per week?

"The Red Devils are said to be keen to agree a new long-term contract with the 2018 World Cup winner, but according to Diario Madrista, Pogba's agent Mino Raiola plans to inform the club that his client wants a £600,000-a-week salary as part of any new deal."

It's pure exploitation, so it is.

Edited by Territorial - 25 Sep 2019 at 11:54pm
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:57am
As much as I think there is a good player in there, demanding £600k a week to stay is enough for him to be shown the door.
Poch being linked again, whilst I think would be great for him over an extended term, allowed to essentially rebuild a team from scratch, and hopefully bring back the glory days, don't see it happening
Will be at Madrid before the end of next summer
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

They could easily finish around 10th spot LOL LOL it's incredible that they've ended up here

The way other teams are playing they could just as easily finish top 4.

It certainly isn't incredible that United are where they are, it was expected really.

Solskjaer has them moving in the right direction after weeding out a few of the dead weights and by giving youth a chance, it's still very very early in the season so save your laughing faces and arrogance for a future date, we don't want it blowing up in your face again!

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:58am
No penalty for PogbaConfused
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:58am
600k a week for Pogba? LOL

I agree with what Paul Scholes said about him last week. He won't be missed much when he goes as he's been a disappointment since he arrived

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The way other teams are playing they could just as easily finish top 4.

It certainly isn't incredible that United are where they are, it was expected really.

Solskjaer has them moving in the right direction after weeding out a few of the dead weights and by giving youth a chance, it's still very very early in the season so save your laughing faces and arrogance for a future date, we don't want it blowing up in your face again!

Really?

There are many problems at the club, but Solskjaer is clearly out of his depth IMO. The soundbites he used soon after getting the job about "United DNA" and the "history of the club" have worn thin.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:09am
That opening game against Chelsea is now very much looking like the exception rather than the norm. And even in that game that probably should have been a goal or two down at half time instead of somehow finding themselves a goal up. I think I saw a stat somewhere that they have only scored 17 goals in their last 19 games? Could that be right? Mental - particularly when you factor in the four bagged on the opening day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15551556155715581559 1770>
  Share Topic