You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14681469147014711472 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:08am
which young player in their right mind would want to go to this United? Jaden Sancho, you say .....what a massive step down it would be for him! That United team needs a complete rebuild and I am not sure O GS is the man to do it 
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Sponsored Links

AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:44am
Getting a young player like Jaden Sancho wouldn’t be much of a problem for Manchester United. I think he’s a young English player that wants to come back to the Premier League. The main issue Solskjaer will have is getting rid of Sanchez whose obscene wages have turned other players at the clubs head. De Gea and Herrera have both demanded ridiculous wages to stay at the club. Whoever authorized the Sanchez signing made a monumental error. Pogba is a bit of scape goat for many people. I still think he’s a top midfielder who does go missing sometimes but his ability is undeniable. Getting rid of Lukaku and Sanchez would make more sense as they don’t seem to fit Solskjaer style of play. Pogba could do wonders with better players around him.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:14am
Utd are sh*te lads will you ever just give up? It's Liverpool and city's time now
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:42am
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

How much have they spent in the last five years again ?

Not as much as they've earned, which is around a profit of 260m and there in lies the problem, no longer a football club, they're a business, football comes second.

Looking on Twitter last night and it sums up what the problems are (and have been since their last title win) at United. Everyone calling for the board to back Solskjaer in the transfer market, which is fine. But there is a lack of acceptance that previous managers have been backed a lot, and the signings have been woeful. Even a "free transfer" like Sanchez has cost them millions in wages. 

He's made it very clear he wasn't happy with the physical conditioning of the players when he took over so it will be interesting to see if this can be fixed in the summer, or if it's just another excuse to fall back on.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:37am

Said from the start that he was given the job too soon. The pressure from former players and pundits forced their hand, but should have waited until the end of the season to see how he did after the hysteria following the sacking of Mourinho died down.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Getting a young player like Jaden Sancho wouldn’t be much of a problem for Manchester United. I think he’s a young English player that wants to come back to the Premier League. The main issue Solskjaer will have is getting rid of Sanchez whose obscene wages have turned other players at the clubs head. De Gea and Herrera have both demanded ridiculous wages to stay at the club. Whoever authorized the Sanchez signing made a monumental error. Pogba is a bit of scape goat for many people. I still think he’s a top midfielder who does go missing sometimes but his ability is undeniable. Getting rid of Lukaku and Sanchez would make more sense as they don’t seem to fit Solskjaer style of play. Pogba could do wonders with better players around him.

Haven't even seen him quoted saying he wants to come back. He'd have CL football at Dortmund next season for starters....
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:57am
Watched most of the first half, had to turn over then as my eyes were hurting. In fairness they started well and should've scored one if not two early on but that was it. After that they were completely outclassed. Young was a joke for the first goal & McTominlay wasn't much better. 

They've a fair gap to close over the next few years. I'm not sure OGS is the one to do it but suppose he deserves the chance. New backline, couple of MF & get rid of Sanchez and some of the other deadwood

If Liverpool get through it should be 2 cracking semi final games
Some people just deserve a slap
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Haven't even seen him quoted saying he wants to come back. He'd have CL football at Dortmund next season for starters....

Sancho probably better off having another season with Dortmund,CL football and he is one of the main men there now.
Its unlikely United will have CL football next year but it didnt look like they had any hope at xmas so I that is factoured into the summer transfers.

United need 4 first team starters and 1 or 2 squad players,they need to get rid of about 8 of the squad and that could be a major problem.Too many players there coasting for the last few years.Its manager No. 4 now since SAF left and its the same issues.

A DoF joining makes a lot os sense ,as the mismanagement on the football side of things over the last 5 years is the biggest issue.

United need to forget about the marquee signings and go for up and coming players .lads who have the potential to push on and joining United is a step up,not just a big pay day.

Wan Bissaka and Rice are two players linked with moves to the club,thats the type of transfers I would like to see.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Sancho probably better off having another season with Dortmund,CL football and he is one of the main men there now.
Its unlikely United will have CL football next year but it didnt look like they had any hope at xmas so I that is factoured into the summer transfers.

United need 4 first team starters and 1 or 2 squad players,they need to get rid of about 8 of the squad and that could be a major problem.Too many players there coasting for the last few years.Its manager No. 4 now since SAF left and its the same issues.

A DoF joining makes a lot os sense ,as the mismanagement on the football side of things over the last 5 years is the biggest issue.

United need to forget about the marquee signings and go for up and coming players .lads who have the potential to push on and joining United is a step up,not just a big pay day.

Wan Bissaka and Rice are two players linked with moves to the club,thats the type of transfers I would like to see.
I ordered that in the Indian last night
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:26am
Can everyone stop singing that song now? They have ruined it for me, the ****s!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:40am
Ole at the wheel to the tune of 'What a Fall' by The Stone Roses
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:41am
Major clearout of deadwood needed. Of the current squad the highlighted would be the first out the door with Lukaku and Pogba not far off them,

Have they a new crop of world beaters in the youths ready to come through? Apart from O'Connor and the lad with the mad hair Chong,

David de Gea 

Victor Lindelöf 

Eric Bailly 

Phil Jones 

Paul Pogba 

Alexis Sánchez 

Juan Mata 

Romelu Lukaku 

Marcus Rashford 

Anthony Martial 

Chris Smalling 

Lee Grant 

Jesse Lingard 

Andreas Pereira 

Marcos Rojo 

Fred 

Ashley Young 

Diogo Dalot 

Ander Herrera 

Sergio Romero 

Luke Shaw 

Antonio Valencia (captain) 

Nemanja Matić 

Matteo Darmian 

Scott McTominay 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Do you often make an order of two young lads on a Tuesday night?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Major clearout of deadwood needed. Of the current squad the highlighted would be the first out the door with Lukaku and Pogba not far off them,

Have they a new crop of world beaters in the youths ready to come through? Apart from O'Connor and the lad with the mad hair Chong,

David de Gea 

Victor Lindelöf 

Eric Bailly 

Phil Jones 

Paul Pogba 

Alexis Sánchez 

Juan Mata 

Romelu Lukaku 

Marcus Rashford 

Anthony Martial 

Chris Smalling 

Lee Grant 

Jesse Lingard 

Andreas Pereira 

Marcos Rojo 

Fred 

Ashley Young 

Diogo Dalot 

Ander Herrera 

Sergio Romero 

Luke Shaw 

Antonio Valencia (captain) 

Nemanja Matić 

Matteo Darmian 

Scott McTominay 

Young,Smalling and Jones wont be leaving,all have signed new contracts.I wouldnt be selling Lingard,Matic or Fred either,CM is too short of players as it is without adding to the problems.
All the rest can go.Not a hope 12 players will leave in the summer,4 out and 4 in would be a good start.

There are a few good young players in the reserves.Greenwood is the standout but Garner,Gomez,chong all look like good propects.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:48am

LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:54am

That doesn't make sense. Why would you order two young lads in an indian restaurant? Unless it was also ran as some sort of paedo sex ring.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:55am
Any fears I had about giving OGS the job when they did have come to pass. I still think he's the man for the job and it was worth giving him the job but the timing of when he got it was terrible. This bunch of players were always going to slack off once he got it.

There is no excuse for not having a clear out during the summer. There's players there far too long who are simply not good enough or not consistent enough. 

Edited by ShamtheRam - 17 Apr 2019 at 10:57am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

LOL
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14681469147014711472 1770>
  Share Topic