Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14641465146614671468 1770>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:44pm
Very enjoyable game to watch. West Ham were excellent but left themselves exposed at times and got hurt. Game had a bit of everything. Draw possibly the fairest result even with West Ham outplaying them.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:44pm
Declan Rice surely should have got a red card for smashing Phil Jones in the face.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Declan Rice surely should have got a red card for smashing Phil Jones in the face.

Didn’t see the game. Was it worse than Smalling smashing Messi’s face in?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:49pm
Accidental collision today. Similar enough to John Fashanus accidental collision with Gary Mabbutt.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:52pm
The only advantage is it would improve Jones’s appearance
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 10:05pm
If United are winning games like today, they could well finish 4th now as all  of the God's must be on their side.

No doubt Solskjaer was delighted getting the gig at such a massive club, where of course he has a hero status. The grim reality is hitting him in the past couple of months now though - this is a team and a squad that needs to be more or less completely gutted. Watching Rojo today and realising he's been at United for 4/5 seasons now is it? Feckin hell LOL 

If they can somehow fool a club into buying Lukaku for similar to what they paid, they should bite the hand off them.  
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The only advantage is it would improve Jones’s appearance

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:23pm
I give Solskjaer 3 months in the job from August to November.  Big Ron is the man to come in and command instant respect and turn this mess around.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:31pm
I thought the Watford win was poxy, but today took it to a whole new level. Another week without a good performance, it's getting ridiculous. There is no momentum with them at all.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:39pm
He had a very favourable run of fixtures (aside from one or two) domestically early doors and a lot of fans got carried away by his impact.

The players may have downed tools for Jose, but United still had a good squad and their form domestically would have turned sooner or later regardless of who was in charge.

Solskjaer may become a victim of his own success (to a point) in that the very impressive start has made people think he's some sort of messiah, when in truth he's not.

robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I give Solskjaer 3 months in the job from August to November.  Big Ron is the man to come in and command instant respect and turn this mess around.

How are you allowed to post such repetitive nonsense in every thread. You single handedly try to ruin any thread discussing football, are you 12 or something? Grow up
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:42am
West Ham were very naive in their defending when it was 1-1. Looked like they would get a 2nd with Antonio hitting the bar and then forcing a brilliant save from De Gea.

Thought Martial was very poor. Rashford looks a far better player than him at the moment.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:47am
They have won 2 out of the last 6 (lost 4) and both were fortunate against Watford and WH - both 2-1

The next four games are:
Barca A
Everton A
M City H
Chelsea H

This could turn out to be a terrible run of games for Man U. Not playing well at all.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

West Ham were very naive in their defending when it was 1-1. Looked like they would get a 2nd with Antonio hitting the bar and then forcing a brilliant save from De Gea.

Thought Martial was very poor. Rashford looks a far better player than him at the moment.

I do think Martial has more natural ability than Rashford imo and can actually beat a man without relying on pace. Rashford's finishing has drastically improved this season which is good to see. Rashford is certainly better in that central forward position than Martial.   
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They have won 2 out of the last 6 (lost 4) and both were fortunate against Watford and WH - both 2-1

The next four games are:
Barca A
Everton A
M City H
Chelsea H

This could turn out to be a terrible run of games for Man U. Not playing well at all.

Barca game is a write off as they won't be as complacent as PSG. 

Even if United drop points to Everton and City (4 points at best from those games) they really need to beat Chelsea. United are fooked if they don't win either of those two games. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I do think Martial has more natural ability than Rashford imo and can actually beat a man without relying on pace. Rashford's finishing has drastically improved this season which is good to see. Rashford is certainly better in that central forward position than Martial.   
Martial has more natural ability in his left bollock. But lacks the desire and work rate of Rashford 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:58pm
I see the Rashford/Martial comparison as similar to that of Sterling and Sane. The foreign player is more eye catching and probably more talented when at their best, but the English player is more consistent, has greater stats and is more important to their team at the minute 
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:06am
4/5 wins should be enough for top 4 with the Chelsea game being a must win. Arsenal’s away record is abysmal and long may that continue. Hopefully we grind out an away win at Everton to take the pressure off the City game.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14641465146614671468 1770>
  Share Topic