Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14431444144514461447 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:28am
What times BSM coming on to complain at activity in this group after a united defeat
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Verratti is a wonderful player. Ran the midfield and couldnt get near him. He has a right streak of being a bastard about him too
French football journalist on radio this morning asking how good Verratti would be in he didn't smoke, drink or go out every night.......proper 1970's footballer
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:30am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

United were simply beaten by a better side. What solskjaer should take from this if he is to be the man on a permanent basis is that Sanchez and Mata need to go. He has very few players outside his starting 11 who can play the football he wants, those two and Lukaku aren't suited to it. I'd say he wishes United kept hold of Zaha
Couldn’t agree more, PSG were the better team throughout and deservedly won but those changes around HT were a turning point. Everything was so slow after that in attack for United. 
Thought Veratti & Marquinhos were excellent. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:46am

United were simply beaten by a better side. What solskjaer should take from this if he is to be the man on a permanent basis is that Sanchez and Mata need to go. He has very few players outside his starting 11 who can play the football he wants, those two and Lukaku aren't suited to it. I'd say he wishes United kept hold of Zaha
Spot on. Pains me to say it about Mata because I love the fella but he's too slow for the OGS system 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:16am
What was with the hatred of United fans to Di Maria? I wouldn't expect him to get a warm reception or anything but some lads in the crowd were losing their sh*t over him. He was a big name they signed, it didn't work out and he left. Why the hatred?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:19am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

What was with the hatred of United fans to Di Maria? I wouldn't expect him to get a warm reception or anything but some lads in the crowd were losing their sh*t over him. He was a big name they signed, it didn't work out and he left. Why the hatred?
I was surprised by that myself, Sanchez deserves worse abuse and he hasn’t left yet! 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:24am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Couldn’t agree more, PSG were the better team throughout and deservedly won but those changes around HT were a turning point. Everything was so slow after that in attack for United. 
Thought Veratti & Marquinhos were excellent. 

Absolutely. Martial and Lingard, although they hadn't had great games up to that point anyway, had kept PSG honest in the first half. They were likely concerned about Martial in particular given his recent form running at them. But as soon as those two were replaced by a couple of players that both severely lacked mobility then United struggled badly. PSG were able to contain them with relative ease from that point and they looked much more like a United side under Mourinho.

Having said all that, it was a bit disappointing from a United perspective that they didn't go for it a bit more in the first half considering their recent domestic form. Probably might have just been too big a step up though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:31am
Not a United fan so I can make a subjective opinion on the team. United fans are likely to have a different opinion. I'm basing my opinion on the standards they set for themselves in the past and the quality of their contemporary opponents. And when I consider their standards of the past the point must be made that they managed 2 champions league wins (1 if Terry had scored form spot) in about 20+ attempts during the Ferguson years which despite their utter dominance in England must add a touch of realism to their place in European hierarchy. 
Of the current team/squad the only players I'd keep are De Gea, Rashford, Lingard, Pogba (with a caveat) and maybe Martial. The remainder although good enough to beat the dross in the EPL (and their is a lot of it) are not good enough for a team if they want to be regularly in the shake up for domestic and European honours. The central midfield is bereft of any creativity - Matic/Mata far too pedestrian, Herrera (still cant figure out where the player he was at Bilboa went) spend his time either kicking people or getting the odd goal against the dross. None of the defenders are good enough - Young, Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Linderlof, Valencia, Shaw are just not up to standard. Lukaka is on a decline which seems irreversible. Sanchez, sweet jesus - fair play for the fella for getting the money he is reported to be on but he has been poor for a long time.
Yet despite this they'll probably finish in the top 4, qualify for next years CL and the owners will be happy to see the continue coming into their coffers from their asset.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Not a United fan so I can make a subjective opinion on the team. United fans are likely to have a different opinion. I'm basing my opinion on the standards they set for themselves in the past and the quality of their contemporary opponents. And when I consider their standards of the past the point must be made that they managed 2 champions league wins (1 if Terry had scored form spot) in about 20+ attempts during the Ferguson years which despite their utter dominance in England must add a touch of realism to their place in European hierarchy. 
Of the current team/squad the only players I'd keep are De Gea, Rashford, Lingard, Pogba (with a caveat) and maybe Martial. The remainder although good enough to beat the dross in the EPL (and their is a lot of it) are not good enough for a team if they want to be regularly in the shake up for domestic and European honours. The central midfield is bereft of any creativity - Matic/Mata far too pedestrian, Herrera (still cant figure out where the player he was at Bilboa went) spend his time either kicking people or getting the odd goal against the dross. None of the defenders are good enough - Young, Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Linderlof, Valencia, Shaw are just not up to standard. Lukaka is on a decline which seems irreversible. Sanchez, sweet jesus - fair play for the fella for getting the money he is reported to be on but he has been poor for a long time.
Yet despite this they'll probably finish in the top 4, qualify for next years CL and the owners will be happy to see the continue coming into their coffers from their asset.

Objective 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:52am
Agree with most of that Cabra. I wrote a post shortly before Mourinho was sacked going through the whole United squad and those that you mention were the only ones I said that I'd definitely keep.
Where has the Eric Bailly that many were saying was a class act after his first season gone to?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where has the Eric Bailly that many were saying was a class act after his first season gone to?

Think Mourinho has to take some of the blame for Bailly. Destroyed his confidence and he hasn't recovered since.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:06am
I reckon the time has come to just admit the whole Sanchez thing was a disaster and just isn't going to work. He sucked the life out of United when he came on last night. He's so far off the pace it's not even funny.
Would like to see them take a chance on Angel Gomes or Tahith Chong ahead of him in the next few games if Martial and Lingard are going to be out a while. 

The Chinese transfer window is still open is it? 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Objective 

Must get out the old dictionary. Thanks.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:12am

What times BSM coming on to complain at activity in this group after a united defeat
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I was surprised by that myself, Sanchez deserves worse abuse and he hasn’t left yet! 
Couldn't understand that myself. Was delighted to see him celebrate the way he did then

Utd were poor but that just shows them how far they've to go to get back to the top European level. Massive step up on the majority of what they've played since OGS came in
Some people just deserve a slap
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Think Mourinho has to take some of the blame for Bailly. Destroyed his confidence and he hasn't recovered since.

That’s a total cop out. Players are responsible for their own form. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:08pm

He was United's record signing who downed tools for the last 6 months of the season, never wanted to be there in the first place.

A proper snake of a player if ever there was one.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He was United's record signing who downed tools for the last 6 months of the season, never wanted to be there in the first place.

A proper snake of a player if ever there was one.

That's enough about Pogba now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14431444144514461447 1770>
  Share Topic