Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13411342134313441345 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Every time a player runs at Darmian, he either gets beaten easily, or he ends up hacking the player down. He is no way whatsoever a good defender. I'd rate Young and Valencia, both converted wingers as far far better defenders than him. If he was a good defender, as ye are saying, he would nailed down to start for Mourinhos United side.

He wouldn’t have 30+ caps for Italy if he couldn’t defend, look he’s not good enough for United and will be third choice RB once Valencia and Dalot get fit even still I expect him to move to a decent Italian side before the window shuts.

But yea poorest defensive player you’ve ever seen LOL

Your post is just a ball of contradictions. You're trying to make out that he's a decent player based on his caps for Italy, yet at the same time you are saying he's behind Valencia and Dalot. I mean Valencia is obviously not a strong point in this team.

Darmian has no ability to deal with a wide player running at him. He is totally ill disciplined, and just resorts to pure lazy defending and fouling. I'm amazed anyone watching him play for United for the past few years would say any different. 

Yea Valencia who has been one of the best right backs in the league the past couple of seasons! Nice one Hans Confused
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:59am
Sir Hans Clap 

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:22am
uninspiring start from Utd, looks like it will be more of the same this season, if Bailly stays fit he could maybe do a half decent job at center half
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:24am
Poison One ''I am a head coach now not a manager''.

Won't be long until the disease will be managing elsewhere
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Poison One ''I am a head coach now not a manager''.

Won't be long until the disease will be managing elsewhere
Be gone in a couple of months, all is not good between him and the hierarchy 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:32pm

Every time a player runs at Darmian, he either gets beaten easily, or he ends up hacking the player down. He is no way whatsoever a good defender. I'd rate Young and Valencia, both converted wingers as far far better defenders than him. If he was a good defender, as ye are saying, he would nailed down to start for Mourinhos United side.

He wouldn’t have 30+ caps for Italy if he couldn’t defend, look he’s not good enough for United and will be third choice RB once Valencia and Dalot get fit even still I expect him to move to a decent Italian side before the window shuts.

Your post is just a ball of contradictions. You're trying to make out that he's a decent player based on his caps for Italy, yet at the same time you are saying he's behind Valencia and Dalot. I mean Valencia is obviously not a strong point in this team.

Darmian has no ability to deal with a wide player running at him. He is totally ill disciplined, and just resorts to pure lazy defending and fouling. I'm amazed anyone watching him play for United for the past few years would say any different. 

Yea Valencia who has been one of the best right backs in the league the past couple of seasons! Nice one Hans Confused

Is this the same 'one of the best right backs in the league' that most United fans are now spitting blood about no top notch replacement coming in for him? That best right back?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:37pm

Is this the same 'one of the best right backs in the league' that most United fans are now spitting blood about no top notch replacement coming in for him? That best right back?

Did you do a poll with “most United fans”? He’s 33 years of age! I don’t think many fans were “spitting blood” for a top notch replacement! I would assume most would be happy to have a promising young player in Dalot competing for the right back spot with him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 11:30pm
Paul Pogba asked if he is happy at Man Utd: “There are things I cannot say, otherwise I will get fined. If you are enjoying what you do you give your the best. But if you're not happy, you cannot give your best.” 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 4:17am
Brendan, simple question. Is the United full back positions their weakest positions over the past few seasons?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 7:40am
Valencia and Young are both 33 and need replacing. They wouldn't get near the Man City squad but the way Jose plays ( defend deep and conserve energy) they have performed well.
They don't make a lot of mistakes and will play the Jose way.

At the end of the season both are out of contract with Valencia having a one year option to extend.

Also out of contract at the end of the season - Luke Shaw, Phil jones and Smalling. I'd say Jose wished this was a year earlier so he could let the CBs go and force the board into buying a replacement.

Mata(31), Herrera (29) and Darmian(28) have one season left.

That's 8 players out of contract next season. You'd probably only keep 3/4 of them.

I'd keep Shaw, Smalling and Herrera.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:30am
A few of those mentioned have a one year extension afaik that the club can use.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:41am

Brendan, simple question. Is the United full back positions their weakest positions over the past few seasons?

There are two full back positions! Right back certainly hasn’t been United’s weakest position over the past few years.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:46am
By any reasonable measure Valencia was one of the best full backs in a league a couple of seasons back. He had one or two excellent seasons and he cut out his rash fouling. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 11:54am
Valencia's replacement was signed in the summer.Its unlikely but if Shaw can get his previous form back then LB would be sorted as well.

Young will probably come in once he's fit but I'd love to see Shaw given a proper run of games. When a LB wasn't signed in the summer it's a case of making the best of what's there .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:14pm
Valencia has been one of Uniteds biggest problems in the past 2 seasons. He offers nothing in an attacking sense. He is, for a converted winger, quite solid defensively though. For a team like United who should be on the front foot in most league games, that is a disastrous situation at right back. Especially when a lot of the times under Mourinho, he employs a back 4 where Valencia was given license to consistently attack and the United left back was like a 3rd centre back at times. So massive amounts of play were going through Valencia. They were going there, and they were dying there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:35pm

Valencia has been one of Uniteds biggest problems in the past 2 seasons. He offers nothing in an attacking sense. He is, for a converted winger, quite solid defensively though. For a team like United who should be on the front foot in most league games, that is a disastrous situation at right back. Especially when a lot of the times under Mourinho, he employs a back 4 where Valencia was given license to consistently attack and the United left back was like a 3rd centre back at times. So massive amounts of play were going through Valencia. They were going there, and they were dying there.

You just make stuff up when it comes to United, when did Ashley Young ever look like a 3rd centre back when he played?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:47pm
You haven't noticed plenty of times in the past 2 seasons that Valencias average position for United is around 40 yards higher up the pitch than the LB? I'm talking over the past 2 seasons now, not just the last few months when Young became the regular LB. Mourinho has regularly employed a tactic at United where 1 FB has license to attack, and the other is clearly told to be far more conservative. Mourinho has employed this tactic numerous times with previous teams, Chelsea had Ivanovic as a far more attacking outlet than Azpilicueta when they won the title a few years ago under Mourinho. Tbf, it's a really basic tactic that has been used for decades.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm

You haven't noticed plenty of times in the past 2 seasons that Valencias average position for United is around 40 yards higher up the pitch than the LB? I'm talking over the past 2 seasons now, not just the last few months when Young became the regular LB. Mourinho has regularly employed a tactic at United where 1 FB has license to attack, and the other is clearly told to be far more conservative. Mourinho has employed this tactic numerous times with previous teams, Chelsea had Ivanovic as a far more attacking outlet than Azpilicueta when they won the title a few years ago under Mourinho. Tbf, it's a really basic tactic that has been used for decades.

You won’t see many teams that will have both full backs attacking on the same play it leaves teams awfully short at the back if they get caught on the counter! A strange dig even by your standards at Mourinho I must say. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13411342134313441345 1770>
  Share Topic