Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13401341134213431344 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:11pm
Happy with the result, first game was always going to be a little tricky! Delighted for Shaw hopefully he can kick on now also great to see Lindelof and Bailly starting together, both looked comfortable. 
Pogba up and running with a controlling performance! I’ve no doubt Fred is going to be a fan favourite looks to have so much to his game and looking forward to seeing more of him.
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:18pm
You'd swear United were well beaten the way lads are going on LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Happy with the result, first game was always going to be a little tricky! Delighted for Shaw hopefully he can kick on now also great to see Lindelof and Bailly starting together, both looked comfortable. 
Pogba up and running with a controlling performance! I’ve no doubt Fred is going to be a fan favourite looks to have so much to his game and looking forward to seeing more of him.

Pogba was good alright but I didn’t see much about Fred, I thought he was poor
El Puto Amo
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sanchez very poor tonight, doesn’t look fit
Shaw and Pogba were good in flashes. Fred wasn’t great but early days for him 

Sanchez was great in pre season but he was like an amateur footballer tonight. Thats £400k he earned this week!

Alexis Sánchez lost possession more times (23) than any other Man Utd player against Leicester.

Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:31pm
Not a bad result for a supposedly weak Utd team. Leicester will take points off the top teams this season
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Pogba was good alright but I didn’t see much about Fred, I thought he was poor

Fair enough, thought he done well! perhaps was a bit too eager early on to impress. Thought his passing was very good and looked good moving with the ball, has that nasty side to his game which I like too.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 10 Aug 2018 at 10:32pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:38pm
De Gea pulled off another great save tonight.
The best shot stopper I’ve ever seen. 
Didn’t have a great World Cup but has been Man u’s best player for a few years now.

With Courtois going to RM you’d think he will stay with Man U for the rest of his career. One of the best Fergie’s signings.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

CBs looked ok, but then again they are defending from their own penalty spot just ceding possession at times. Pogba made some nice passes but  just goes missing then for large stretches of play. Rashford looks a broken player in an offensive sense, is very solid defensively now though! Sanchez  was rotten,besides one beautiful cross field pass late on. Sad to see. What's the story with Darmian lads? He's possibly the poorest defensive player I've ever seen. He's not far off Alberto Moreno. 

You're either back to your over exaggerating ways, or you don't watch much football at all.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:47pm
Quite happy with that performance. Would have been nice to keep a clean sheet but wont complain too much.

Looked totally different to the boring football from last year. They're at least trying to play football, they're running off the ball and when Leicester attacked in the most part they are defending very well. Even the full backs were getting forward.

Thought Fred, Pereira and Pogba worked very well as a midfield three. Fred has a nice bit of bite about his game. 
All the defenders did well bar Darmian who was poor.
Disappointed with Sanchez too. Didn't continue his pre season form unfortunately.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

CBs looked ok, but then again they are defending from their own penalty spot just ceding possession at times. Pogba made some nice passes but  just goes missing then for large stretches of play. Rashford looks a broken player in an offensive sense, is very solid defensively now though! Sanchez  was rotten,besides one beautiful cross field pass late on. Sad to see. What's the story with Darmian lads? He's possibly the poorest defensive player I've ever seen. He's not far off Alberto Moreno. 

You're either back to your over exaggerating ways, or you don't watch much football at all.

You have to expect that with Moleman! Darmian is a good defender unfortunately you need to offer something going forward as a full back these days and he doesn’t.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:05pm
Every time a player runs at Darmian, he either gets beaten easily, or he ends up hacking the player down. He is no way whatsoever a good defender. I'd rate Young and Valencia, both converted wingers as far far better defenders than him. If he was a good defender, as ye are saying, he would nailed down to start for Mourinhos United side.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:20pm

Every time a player runs at Darmian, he either gets beaten easily, or he ends up hacking the player down. He is no way whatsoever a good defender. I'd rate Young and Valencia, both converted wingers as far far better defenders than him. If he was a good defender, as ye are saying, he would nailed down to start for Mourinhos United side.

He wouldn’t have 30+ caps for Italy if he couldn’t defend, look he’s not good enough for United and will be third choice RB once Valencia and Dalot get fit even still I expect him to move to a decent Italian side before the window shuts.

But yea poorest defensive player you’ve ever seen LOL

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:47pm
For a club with the aspirations that Utd have that was typically poor. Going to be a Labour of love for Utd fans again this season. They won’t win the neutrals over either. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:24am

He wouldn’t have 30+ caps for Italy if he couldn’t defend, look he’s not good enough for United and will be third choice RB once Valencia and Dalot get fit even still I expect him to move to a decent Italian side before the window shuts.

But yea poorest defensive player you’ve ever seen LOL

Your post is just a ball of contradictions. You're trying to make out that he's a decent player based on his caps for Italy, yet at the same time you are saying he's behind Valencia and Dalot. I mean Valencia is obviously not a strong point in this team.

Darmian has no ability to deal with a wide player running at him. He is totally ill disciplined, and just resorts to pure lazy defending and fouling. I'm amazed anyone watching him play for United for the past few years would say any different. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:19am
Pogba should’ve been MOTM. Shaw was poor second half, despite scoring. The Leicester lad strolls inside of him for their goal, I think confidence is a massive issue with him so maybe the MOTM award will spur him on a little. 
United were horrible to watch for long spells last night, sitting way off opposition players, happy to let em have the ball,  Rashford was playing like a full back for long periods. 
There is a lot of potential in that side but under Mourinho no one will ever see it. Gonna be a long season for United fans watching that piss every week 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:45am
Thought it was hard to watch and Fred was very poor. It'll probably take him awhile to adjust. He looked way off the pace but has very good control and touches. United are too predictable. There's no width as the wide attacking players keep cutting in. Any team defending just needs to pack the middle. Happy with the win all the same. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Pogba should’ve been MOTM. Shaw was poor second half, despite scoring. The Leicester lad strolls inside of him for their goal, I think confidence is a massive issue with him so maybe the MOTM award will spur him on a little. 
United were horrible to watch for long spells last night, sitting way off opposition players, happy to let em have the ball,  Rashford was playing like a full back for long periods. 
There is a lot of potential in that side but under Mourinho no one will ever see it. Gonna be a long season for United fans watching that piss every week 

This sums it up perfectly.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:07am

Well, there you have it, Darmian has apparently never legally stopped an attacking player. Simply incredible that he has managed to become a professional footballer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13401341134213431344 1770>
  Share Topic