You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12881289129012911292 1770>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:16am
Cowardly team selection last night that was rightfully punished, and Mourinho's comments afterwards are almost worse. It looks like we're entering into the end game with him with season 3 on the horizon. He has progressed the team but is his own worst enemy sometimes with his team selections and inflammatory comments that alienate the fans. He is well within his rights in pointing out that his team is better in the league than supposed vastly superior sides but he seems to revel in taking unnecessary pot shots. Not much to play for in the rest of the season now.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:24am
It's like he rewarded Fellaini a start last night for giving him 15mins worth of effort at the end of the Liverpool game. Bizarre thing to do. There should have been f**k all changes made to the side that beat Liverpool at the weekend. He seems to change the lineup from week to week, it has to be difficult for the players to get any fluidity in their game as a team when this happens.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:53pm
I'm not a fan of the Director of Football concept, but if any club needs one it's Manchester United. 

Since Ferguson left they seem to have had no strategy at all for signing players - it just seems to be "oh, he's expensive and high profile, he'll do". 

What signings have they made since 2013 that could be deemed to be a genuine success? Ibrahimovic maybe? But he was only ever going to be a short term option. 

Di Maria, Falcao, Depay, Shaw, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Mikhitaryan and Schneiderlin were all disasters. Sanchez is looking like he's going to go the same way. Pogba isn't working out.

Rojo, Blind and Fellaini have hardly been any better. 

Then there have been a few who have been passable but not set the world on fire by any means - Mata, Martial, Herrera, Bailly, Matic. Lukaku has hardly been an unqualified success either.

The players who have been performing for them are the likes of Valencia, Young, Rashford and Lingard. De Gea as well obviously. Players who either were already at the club or came through the ranks. 

But Manchester United's transfer activity over the last five years has been as bad as any major club I can ever recall. There seems to be no long term vision at all, only short termist delusion that they should be back to winning everything immediately.

Edited by sid waddell - 14 Mar 2018 at 1:56pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:09pm

It reeks of Liverpool in the 90s.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 4:26pm

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
ShockedConfused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:43pm
Find it bonkers that some united fans are talking about champions league qualification (fair enough) but FA cup win???? It’s a knockout competition. They haven’t even got to last four yet or am I missing something.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Find it bonkers that some united fans are talking about champions league qualification (fair enough) but FA cup win???? It’s a knockout competition. They haven’t even got to last four yet or am I missing something.

Chelsea and Spurs are still in it but United have a decent chance of winning it. 

I'm heading over to the Brighton QF game. The fcukdogs better win for us daytrippers LOLTongue
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:22pm

Jesus. That Mourinho statement.
El Puto Amo
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Jesus. That Mourinho statement.

What was exactly wrong with it? Confused

Since he joined Chelsea he's always deflected the blame onto someone else or having sly jabs at the media and today was literally the first time he sat down and had a good rant about his record compared to his predecessors  at Utd.

His main point was the fact he inherited a side who were nowhere near the title and kept getting eliminated from the early stages of European competitions. (1 year didn't even play European football at all) he's 100% not wrong about that.

His main problem lies the fact he's spent an outrageous amount of money this season with still very little to show for it - The league position's improved, the points has improved, the style of play definitely hasn't.

Edited by coyne - 16 Mar 2018 at 6:36pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 6:54am
Desperate stuff by mourinho with that rant
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Desperate stuff by mourinho with that rant

Didn't see or hear about the press conference yesterday but going by these quotes after tonight's game on players,it's woeful stuff from him in the below link.
He's quite happy name dropping players doing poorly irrespective of their attitude or performance. If it gets a reaction and it works then fine but I just think publicly criticizing players will generally work against you no matter what your reputation is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43444854

Can someone link that as I'm on the phone. Thanks.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:54am
I think his rant on Thursday was a badly needed one, however I'm not a fan of his continued victimisation of Luke Shaw.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 1:42am
Whatever about his rant on football heritage (what a great phrase btw LOL) etc. , his digs in the post match press conference Tuesday night, where he said something along the lines of 'the United fans should be used to being knocked out in the last 16 of the CL, sure hasn't he himself dumped them out twice at that stage' were horribly placed. That was a knife aimed right into the hearts of the OT regulars. He knows the majority of them despise him and his football and that was a terribly misjudged comment, aiming to stick the boot in when the fans themselves were at their lowest ebb, immediately after a horrendous defeat.

There will be no coming back from those comments imo. It was clear for a long time that a large section of the OT crowd cannot stand him, now it's clear that the majority of the regulars hate him. He knows this and the end game is soon it seems. If somehow Moruinho manages to survive all the way to the start of next season, United will be a comedy act. When there is such a massive rift in the club, it won't matter who they sign or what tactics Mourinho starts using, the toxic atmosphere will envelop the lot of them.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:03am
He is putting a lot of pressure on himself.
If Man U don’t have a good start to the new season you can see him gone by Xmas.

The summer transfers for Man U will have to be perfect.
I don’t believe they will catch up with City in one summer but they need to close the gap.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I think his rant on Thursday was a badly needed one, however I'm not a fan of his continued victimisation of Luke Shaw.

No harm at all. Shaw has gotten criticism from I think every manager he has played for. He has lots of talent but doesn't seem cut out for the very top.
I presume Jose has had numerous conversations with Shaw about what he wants.

I doubt Shaw will play for United again barring injuries.Sell him on in the summer and get in a player who can perform to the level required.

I'd expect a big clear out this summer 5 players at least will be gone. Need the same coming in be interested to see will the board back him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:15pm
How many years is that in a row now we’ve heard that 5 or 6 wil go this summer?
What’s the odds Smalling and Jones are still there next season
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How many years is that in a row now we’ve heard that 5 or 6 wil go this summer?
What’s the odds Smalling and Jones are still there next season

Jose has gotten rid of a good few players so far and another 5 this summer is realistic imo.I think he has moved on 11 or 12 first team squad members since he joined.
Carrick, Zlatan, Fellaini, Shaw, Darmian and Blind could/will leave for various reasons.

I'd expect both Smalling and Jones to still be United players next season unless a CB is signed.If one is signed then it makes sense to move someone on.6 senior CBs at the club isn't really needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12881289129012911292 1770>
  Share Topic