Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12221223122412251226 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

United don't really hammer teams in European knock outs given Mouinho's cautious approach  though I expect United to win, they could be in bother if they fail to score away in Seville in the first leg. I don't see it being that easy for United as the defence is a major concern unlike past Mourinho sides.

United have only conceded 16 league goals all season in the PL and a mere 3 in the CL Group Stages so I don't know where you're getting the major concern from. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

United don't really hammer teams in European knock outs given Mouinho's cautious approach  though I expect United to win, they could be in bother if they fail to score away in Seville in the first leg. I don't see it being that easy for United as the defence is a major concern unlike past Mourinho sides.

United have only conceded 16 league goals all season in the PL and a mere 3 in the CL Group Stages so I don't know where you're getting the major concern from. 

Because when they play better teams with nimble forwards, Jones and Smalling will struggle if exposed.

United have gotten away in games where they should've conceded and De Gea has got them out of jail a lot of times when there was certain goals.

The statistic looks good without any other context.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 6:17pm

Because when they play better teams with nimble forwards, Jones and Smalling will struggle if exposed.

United have gotten away in games where they should've conceded and De Gea has got them out of jail a lot of times when there was certain goals.

I think you're nit picking for the sake of it.

You talk about Mourinho's cautious approach in Europe, yet you've serious concerns about their defence? United under Mourinho simply do not concede many goals no matter who's he got playing and also Matic is there to provide an excellent shield in front of no matter who is playing at centre half.

De Gea is probably the best goalkeeper in the world, so it's good to see he's doing his job (because even the teams with the best defenders in the world often need their keeper to win them games) just like Messi has often saved Barca by assisting or scoring or how Ramos makes many last ditch goal line clearances per season.

Given how United have only conceded 4 goals against teams in the top 6 thus far too, I really think you're underestimating the strength of how good United are defensively, I think that blows your point in bold out of the water Wink

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Jan 2018 at 6:19pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 8:22am
Alexis and his agent are en route to manchester, with the medical at carrington booked for this afternoon
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Alexis and his agent are en route to manchester, with the medical at carrington booked for this afternoon

He's been on his way to that medical for the past 500 years.

Sick to death of hearing about it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:44am

I think you're nit picking for the sake of it.

You talk about Mourinho's cautious approach in Europe, yet you've serious concerns about their defence? United under Mourinho simply do not concede many goals no matter who's he got playing and also Matic is there to provide an excellent shield in front of no matter who is playing at centre half.

De Gea is probably the best goalkeeper in the world, so it's good to see he's doing his job (because even the teams with the best defenders in the world often need their keeper to win them games) just like Messi has often saved Barca by assisting or scoring or how Ramos makes many last ditch goal line clearances per season.

Given how United have only conceded 4 goals against teams in the top 6 thus far too, I really think you're underestimating the strength of how good United are defensively, I think that blows your point in bold out of the water Wink

Off-course I'm nitpicking and generally a negative cxxt on all things United.

Having a goalie like De Gea covers up a lot of cracks and I've watched pretty much every full United game this season. This United defence still gives up too many clear cut chances in games.

If you were to compare it to Mourinho's first Chelsea defence or Inter Milan, they're not as solid or convincing amd teams with better and quicker forwards will turn Smalling and Jones inside out.

Have to say I think Smalling was very good yesterday and never seems to get any credit either on here or in the media when he does. Ashley Young on the left and Valencia among the best full backs in the league. I do think United need another top class established centre back though tbh.

Bailly is a bit rash at times coming forward out of defence for high balls he doesn't necessarily need to go for but apart from that he doesn't look like he has too many weaknesses. He's a loss for United at the moment.

I'd be concerned about Lindelof as he just doesn't seem to be physically strong enough. He probably needs a full season to settle in. He impressed me in Sweden's away playoff match to Italy and a couple of United games since I must say but jury is very much out. I would trust Mourinho's judgement that he'll come good.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 2:56pm

They'll need to do his heart rate check again again to keep it down with his 500k a week wages
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:25pm

He's been on his way to that medical for the past 500 years.

Sick to death of hearing about it.

Medicals at Utd are done by the NHS you’d think hes been waiting for one that long now
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
http://sportwitness.co.uk/robert-pires-alexis-no-mercenary/

Very good article here from robert pires on sanchez deal. Would certainly pay more attention to what he says, someone who has regularly joined in arsenal training, than fat journo w**kers

Edited by alihau41 - 21 Jan 2018 at 3:39pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 4:12pm

http://sportwitness.co.uk/robert-pires-alexis-no-mercenary/

Very good article here from robert pires on sanchez deal. Would certainly pay more attention to what he says, someone who has regularly joined in arsenal training, than fat journo w**kers

I never really buy the mercenary thing myself. Each player to their own. Obviously managers when buying a certain player, would love him to pick their sides over others, even if the wages offered are the same or slightly less. Obviously that very rarely happens though.

I find it very interesting though that very few United fans have mentioned how poor his attitude has been in the past year, and whether that may affect him going forward. He's been in a really bad head space during that time. He has definitely done the right thing pushing for the move now though as I reckon that extra few months of flailing his arms arguing with teammates would have broken him. The fact that he didn't hold out until the summer kind of flies in the face of the whole mercenary thing as well, he could have named his price as a free agent in the summer.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 21 Jan 2018 at 4:13pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 4:37pm
So you didn’t read the article you quoted then ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I didn't. I presumed from Alihaus comments that Pires basically said that Sanchez is not a mercenary. was it the opposite Pires said? LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:04pm

I don't think he read the articles he writes!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I don't think he read the articles he writes!

A tip of the cap to you sir Clap
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:05pm
The article sh*tes on your assumption that he has a terrible attitude.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm

The article sh*tes on your assumption that he has a terrible attitude.

From just Pires point of view is it? It isn't an assumption whatsoever that he has had a terrible attitude in the last year. It's plain as day he had a terrible attitude. Wenger dropped him in a huge game at Anfield because Sanchez attitude was so poor for so many games. Do you recall that?

It's also well known that he flails his arms non stop, and constantly moans at teammates during matches in the past year. It's well known that himself and Ramsey don't get on whatsoever and Sanchez barely passes him the ball. 

I'm not really sure what you're getting at? I've watched a lot of Arsenal in the year. Just check out any Arsenal forum and you'll see the Arsenal fans opinions on Sanchez performances in that year. I say all that as a massive Sanchez fan. He is a brilliant player to watch, and before wanting out of Arsenal and throwing strops, his attitude on the pitch was exceptional.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:18pm
Yes , from Robert Pires.

The professional ex-Arsenal player who still trains with the team occasionally. His opinion might carry a bit more weight than yours.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 5:21pm
Ex footballer gives bland non-controversial interview shocker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12221223122412251226 1770>
  Share Topic