You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17331734173517361737 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What club is willing to commit that level of PR suicide? I don't think he'll play in England again, fans won't have it
Sure wasn’t Ched Evans actually convicted of rape? He will find a club in sure
Not a hope would Ched Evans still be playing if his conviction hadn't been quashed, he was subsequently found not guilty in the retrial as well. 
And caused media circus and sponsors pulling out when anyone tried to sign him.

This will be a Paddy Jackson thing, get him playing as far away from this as possible, few years in Qatar, India, China
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What club is willing to commit that level of PR suicide? I don't think he'll play in England again, fans won't have it

not sure, time heals a lot and people move on. 

Look at the love that Mike Tyson gets and he has a conviction and did time but was soon back making millions in the world's biggest fights and generally the rape stuff went into the background.

Greenwood and any club will to take him on can always point to the fact he was not convicted or even brought to trial and his girlfriend is still with him.
I'd say Utd will keep him but wouldn't be surprised if they sold him abroad (with a cheap buy-back clause!).

I think a factor on this is that in the social media age the pictures/voice notes circulating at the time of the allegation mean that this one will follow him around a lot longer than, for example, news reports or newspaper articles at the time that fade from memory.

His girlfriend is still with him, and putting that together with the extremely disturbing statement of her father at the time of the allegations last year gives a fair idea of why this case fell apart. It certainly doesn't in any way prove that he is innocent.  

I hope United never let him near the training ground again.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
The Ham View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 2:06pm
Wouldn't surprise me to see him teaming up with Ronaldo out in the middle East. No way he'll play in the Premier league again I reckon. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:34pm
Important 3 points! Casemiro will be a massive miss the next three games, Martinez was brilliant at the back again.

Thought the referee was very poor, got so many decisions wrong.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:38pm
Martinez is absolutely fantastic. With Dalot, I have a lot of faith in the back 5. As for Casemiro, he and Hughes embrace immediately after the incident inngood humour. I think the angle and the fact Casemiro was standing on higher ground made it look worse. He'll be a big miss.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Martinez is absolutely fantastic. With Dalot, I have a lot of faith in the back 5. As for Casemiro, he and Hughes embrace immediately after the incident inngood humour. I think the angle and the fact Casemiro was standing on higher ground made it look worse. He'll be a big miss.

Jordan Ayew done the exact same thing to Fred! Zero consistency.
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Was over in OT yesterday. Thought our starting back 4 were very good. Fred never stopped running either, some work when Casimero went off. As mentioned above, martinez is class. Knows when to stand up and when to go to ground, excellent at bringing the ball out. What a signing. Thought it would be a comfortable afternoon after the early goal, but UTD had to work for the 3 points, and it felt like a big result at the end. 
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 11:50am
23 times, 23 times Man UtdClap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 10:15am
United to become the next Oil Club?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 10:35am
One of many suitors it seems. Geek
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wonder will the fans be protesting like they were the super league if that was to happen?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 10:53am
You'd imagine there would be some but hard to know how many. Newcastle fans don't seem to give a toss at all about their owners so you'd imagine there would be a similar portion of any large group that would feel the same. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

You'd imagine there would be some but hard to know how many. Newcastle fans don't seem to give a toss at all about their owners so you'd imagine there would be a similar portion of any large group that would feel the same. 

My biggest complaint with Newcastle fans is that they had a history of protest. I found it hilarious how they just shrugged their shoulders and claimed helplessness about what happens in the boardroom and on the commercial front. I suspect if the current owners decided to sell, and Ashley was to return with an offer, they’d be running out to Wilko to buy all the poster board and paint they could find, and setting up groups to oppose the deal. Somehow, they’d be much less helpless in that situation.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

My biggest complaint with Newcastle fans is that they had a history of protest. I found it hilarious how they just shrugged their shoulders and claimed helplessness about what happens in the boardroom and on the commercial front. I suspect if the current owners decided to sell, and Ashley was to return with an offer, they’d be running out to Wilko to buy all the poster board and paint they could find, and setting up groups to oppose the deal. Somehow, they’d be much less helpless in that situation.

Actually listened to a podcast on this last night as it happens. It seems the feeling at the moment is that Ashley was so bad that anybody else is viewed as better so people just chose to ignore the questionable people in the background. They also made the point on the podcast that Amanda Staveley is the public face of this new ownership group even though she only owns 10% and this helps with the "Out of sight, out of mind" attitude to the rest of the owners. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 11:28am
I think that sounds like it is worth a listen. I would probably accept that they wanted ‘ABA’ but they rolled out the red carpet for the new owners, and that was simply to do with the potentials the money brought. I’ve always felt since the change in ownership that Newcastle are fans of a ‘business’ as they accept that what happens in the boardroom is beyond their remit. They are paying customers, and should accept anything the business does, without question, as they have agreed that they can influence nothing. It’s almost laughable when you hear them refer to the ‘club.’ 

Edited by Het-field - 08 Feb 2023 at 11:29am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 11:37am
The Podcast was actually a Liverpool one (The Anfield Wrap) but they were talking to 2 people from the "True Faith" Newcastle about state ownership given that LFC are for sale (or partly for sale)
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'm still surprised the Saudis didn't push hard for Man United. Fair enough it would cost £5B minimum rather than £300m but not like they're short a few quid.

And a debt free United wouldn't need the Saudis to pump oil money into the playing side and could have just improved the facilities.

Give it time and the big clubs in England will become play things for Middle Eastern groups.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:54am
Surely any gulf state would be very wary of trying to take over Man United after the disgruntlement towards the Glazers? I've always assumed these would be owners did their homework and picked clubs where the fans would be like sheep and wouldn't give a sh*t as long as there was the merest hint of success. 

Liverpool and Man United fans should hold a join protest before their next league match warning off would be takeovers from sports washing regimes. It would be a good two fingers to Man City in the process a win-win all round. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17331734173517361737 1770>
  Share Topic