You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16771678167916801681 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Would suggest you take a look at what the MUST, Spirit of Shankly etc are saying and doing.
SOS are meeting with Billy Hogan today for example, as mandated to do by their members. 

I agree that both have put out manifestos, but I can help but feel that they are somewhat "pie in the sky", especially MUST's requests in terms of a share issue. The truth is, as unpalatable as it may be, we have gone beyond the point of no return when it comes to the commercial interests of football, especially the clubs which also have a brand running with them. No owner, is going to nominally give up control, without their investment being returned, let alone handing an equal share in terms of how it is run, for little return . The only way that control will be relinquished is if the supporters can put together a consortium, which is big enough to overtake the existing owners. Or alternatively, see it on a "representative democratic" basis were owners that share their values take over the club.

Going back to basics is what supporters who want the "real experience" may need to do, and that might involve defecting from the big "club", in lieu of the supporters led initiatives which exist in places like Manchester and London already, where you can buy shares, or voting membership, or cheap season tickets, and have your say in the running of new and developing clubs that have, ingrained in their culture fan ownership, local representation etc.

It might not be popular, as people may see it as me implicitly arguing that protests like these don't work. But I'm not arguing that. Brendan has rightly mentioned Chelsea offering supporters involvement in board meetings, but a quick look at Chelsea's website would suggest that it will be a window dressing exercise, where the supporters nominated will have no real say, will have no vote, and will sign confidentiality agreements.  It has the vibe of "bring your kid to work day", so its not really a concession.

I'd rather wait and see what happens before writing the whole thing off. Make no mistake, supporters played a key role in getting Hicks and Gillet out of Liverpool: This wouldn't have happened if they had written the whole thing off as you outlined above. 

SOS's report that the meeting with Billy Hogan went well and there was an acknowledgment that the lack of meaningful engagement with supporters cannot continue. SOS were clear on what they felt was acceptable so the ball is with the club now. 
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:42pm
Reports that Cavani has signed up for another year. Great news.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He has been excellent the last few games, the likes of Rashford and Greenwood could learn a lot from him, be delighted if he signed on for another year!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

He has been excellent the last few games, the likes of Rashford and Greenwood could learn a lot from him, be delighted if he signed on for another year!

I have a man crush on him Heart
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:47pm

He is a handsome bastard in fairness!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:54pm

He is a handsome bastard in fairness!

Glad im not alone in this.

He's like a swashbuckling hero. Could play Zoro or D'artagnan
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 5:56pm
Cavani Heart

That goal yesterday 🤤
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Cavani Heart

That goal yesterday 🤤
Big signing for them. Does he score more for them coming off the bench? Must be a nightmare for defenders with him coming on as players tire. His movement off the ball is phenomenal. Classic centre forward play. Looks disinterested,then comes alive and the ball is in the net
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Cavani Heart

That goal yesterday 🤤
Big signing for them. Does he score more for them coming off the bench? Must be a nightmare for defenders with him coming on as players tire. His movement off the ball is phenomenal. Classic centre forward play. Looks disinterested,then comes alive and the ball is in the net

As well as his brilliant CF play he tracks back a lot and helps out defensively, prevented a tap in for Villa yesterday with a brilliant defensive header.

I think he has equaled Solskjaer's record of scoring off the bench for Man U, will hopefully beat that over the next few games, not sure if he has more when compared to when he starts though.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:40pm
yeah great attitude and work ethic. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:06pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Cavani Heart

That goal yesterday 🤤

As well as his brilliant CF play he tracks back a lot and helps out defensively, prevented a tap in for Villa yesterday with a brilliant defensive header.

I think he has equaled Solskjaer's record of scoring off the bench for Man U, will hopefully beat that over the next few games, not sure if he has more when compared to when he starts though.

OGS and Chicarito share the record with him, one more goal and it's Cavani's
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 5:09pm
Looking forward to seeing Amad and Elanga who are both starting this evening's game!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 5:30pm
I know Solskjaer might not have much choice but it's an awful weak starting line up. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 5:56pm
they won't be happy with the united line up in scouseville...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 6:30pm
I suppose they would rather lose to Leicester that against Pool! 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:59pm
Just when I thought United had weathered the storm and kept it at 1-1, they concede on a set piece when they had just brought cavalry on. 

Leicester deserved it in fairness. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:00pm
Will be worth it playing the kids tonight if Liverpool miss out on Champions League football. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16771678167916801681 1770>
  Share Topic