Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16751676167716781679 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Trandy, I don’t think you get it at all. 
These protestors see their club as a cultural institution that’s a key part of their fabric of the city. They don’t give a fook about “better communication” from the Glazers. They have been disrespected and many have been priced out of following their team. They have had something they love robbed from them. They want benevolent owners with views aligned with their own. People who plan to leave the club in better condition than they found it like good custodians should. The Glazers use United as an ATM. 
Sorry to say it but you’re part of the problem. As am I. 
We enjoy watching entertaining high quality football played by big name stars on tv. That market globally is far more valuable to the Glazers than the local lads. The protestors are actual supporters and feel passionately for United. Fair play to them for taking action. They need to find a way to adversely and consistently affect the share price though. That’s the only way the Glazers are going to leave. 

For many overseas fans who just watch “their” team on tv they don’t give a sh*t about any of this.  All they care is that their team wins on the pitch so they can sl*g their other mates about “their” team. It’s quite commonly to see two almost identical lads from the same area and who went to the same school sl*gging each other for being a manc fan or a scouse fan 😀 
I know fellas in their 50 that do that kind of “banter”. Bleedin dopes!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 4:20pm
Not aimed at the United fans, but is there any ownership model that would give them the money to compete, and not be owned by a corporate type. 

Bayern is the one that's ususally mentioned, are they really fan owned?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Not aimed at the United fans, but is there any ownership model that would give them the money to compete, and not be owned by a corporate type. 

They’ve spent £1.2 billion on transfer fees since 2010
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Trandy, I don’t think you get it at all. 
These protestors see their club as a cultural institution that’s a key part of their fabric of the city. They don’t give a fook about “better communication” from the Glazers. They have been disrespected and many have been priced out of following their team. They have had something they love robbed from them. They want benevolent owners with views aligned with their own. People who plan to leave the club in better condition than they found it like good custodians should. The Glazers use United as an ATM. 
Sorry to say it but you’re part of the problem. As am I. 
We enjoy watching entertaining high quality football played by big name stars on tv. That market globally is far more valuable to the Glazers than the local lads. The protestors are actual supporters and feel passionately for United. Fair play to them for taking action. They need to find a way to adversely and consistently affect the share price though. That’s the only way the Glazers are going to leave. 

I do absolutely get it I can see why they have issue with the ownership and the debt but I was wondering what they are aiming to achieve with their protest and if it was just a Glazier problem or in general. Based on the 4 point statement, seems it is better dialogue and fans getting more power and ultimately looking to take the club off them, i.e. not just a problem with the glaziers but the commercialization of the club to the detriment of the old school supporter. I commend them for their efforts but back to my original point, they won't be able to achieve that on their own. You would need the government, FA and Premiership to change the rules around ownership which I believe would be riddled with legal issues if the end goal is that owners are forced to sell their stakes in the clubs. 
I'd love it, it could potentially reset football and the money that gets swallowed up, I just can't see it happening.

Be interesting to see if Liverpool supporters do anything similar for their next home game. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who? United or Baynen? 

It's all lovely to think football would be better without the Oil tycoons and US owners, but what's the alternative? Is there an alternative that allows teams compete?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:21pm
*Glazer 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:28pm

Who? United or Baynen? 

It's all lovely to think football would be better without the Oil tycoons and US owners, but what's the alternative? Is there an alternative that allows teams compete?

Well you're going to find it very difficult to compete if a family buys the club for 500 million, and then transfers that 500 million debt on to the club. It's not a great starting point is it?

United can be run properly like a business, with its world wide appeal, and stand on it's own feet to always compete.

The Glazer's have reduced the debt aswel as paying themselves serious dividends over the last 16 years.

A supporters run club can decide what direction they want the club to go, whether its selling the ground name to compete, etc 

Personally - and realistically- I'd like to see united make it affordable for lower income families, consult with supporters about what direction they want club to go in, "reasonable dividends" if dividends are to be paid out, etc.

If by making things affordable for supporters and treating supporters right, doesn't let them compete, so be it!

Thankfully I have my man utd alternative at fc regardless of what happens 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:28pm

Who? United or Baynen? 

United

Which would suggest that this current ownership model should have them competing

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:45pm

Who? United or Baynen? 

United

Which would suggest that this current ownership model should have them competing

That’s not the issue though is it

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 12:57am

Who? United or Baynen? 

Money has ruined the game. UEFA should have done their job and blocked teams going to Europe when they broke the rules. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:56am

Who? United or Baynen? 

United

I'm not getting your point, are ya saying they are spending loads so they should be competing? They're second, to a team that has even more money. If it's money we're talking about, they are where they should be aren't they?

My original question was whether there's a ownership model that keeps fans happy from a ethical perspective and a footballing perspective. Tough to see if there is
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:58am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Who? United or Baynen? 

Money has ruined the game. UEFA should have done their job and blocked teams going to Europe when they broke the rules. 
UEFA know the Cl teams are their cash cow. They're not getting the same TV revenue from Atalanta V Lyon tonight than they would from PSG V City. AS long as there's that conflict of interest, they'll do nothing
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:10am

Who? United or Baynen? 

United

I'm not getting your point, are ya saying they are spending loads so they should be competing? They're second, to a team that has even more money. If it's money we're talking about, they are where they should be aren't they?

My original question was whether there's a ownership model that keeps fans happy from a ethical perspective and a footballing perspective. Tough to see if there is

Maybe I misunderstood your question, but having spent £1.2 billion since 2010 they should be competing for the top trophies. 
Yes of course the way the Glazers have heaped hundreds of millions of pounds of debt onto the club and used it as a cash cow isn't good, but on the field, poor management and player recruitment is as much to blame for their lack of top trophies in the past 8 years than anything, in my opinion. 

I understand many aren't protesting about on the field performances here, but was just responding to your question about an ownership model that could get them to compete. I think its very possible that they could be competing under this ownership model had they had better management on the footballing side of things

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 May 2021 at 9:12am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:21am
Baggio has a valid point.

Man U have had the same budget and resources as City and Chelsea post Fergie and have underperformed.
They have a bloated underperforming squad - it’s better than it was 2 years ago. 

They may be 2nd now but are no where near challenging for the title and have not done so since Fergie left. I think it’s one champions league 1/4 final in the last 5 years. 

It’s not like at Arsenal where the board have made a conscious decision not to spend to the same levels as Man U/ Chelsea and City. They have the means to spend more but choose not too. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:52am
Yeah United definitely haven't got the results that their expenditure deserved over the past 7/8 years. Probably makes Fergie's late success even more impressive, that he did that with the Glazers behind him
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 10:17am

Who? United or Baynen? 

United

Maybe I misunderstood your question, but having spent £1.2 billion since 2010 they should be competing for the top trophies. 
Yes of course the way the Glazers have heaped hundreds of millions of pounds of debt onto the club and used it as a cash cow isn't good, but on the field, poor management and player recruitment is as much to blame for their lack of top trophies in the past 8 years than anything, in my opinion. 

I understand many aren't protesting about on the field performances here, but was just responding to your question about an ownership model that could get them to compete. I think its very possible that they could be competing under this ownership model had they had better management on the footballing side of things

The protests have zero to do with on field performances. Fans were protesting since the day the Glazers bought the club. FC United is only a thing because of the Glazers. The green and gold movement began in 2010 when United were winning trophies year on year.

Yes theres been money spent on players. That money has been spent by idiots like Woodward who knew nothing about football. A puppet put in by the Glazers. 
Outside of the transfer money what else have they done? Have they invested money in Old Trafford and upgrading it?....No. The local community?...No. Academy structures?....No.

They've put their hands out and taken money from the club at every opportunity.

Watch this clip and educate yourselves....

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 10:19am
I know all that. 

I was specifically responding to Shedites question of "what ownership model would give them the money to compete". 

This one should IMO
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 10:39am

Yeah United definitely haven't got the results that their expenditure deserved over the past 7/8 years. Probably makes Fergie's late success even more impressive, that he did that with the Glazers behind him

Think Howard Webb's backing was more key tbh. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16751676167716781679 1770>
  Share Topic