Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16601661166216631664 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Bruno was shocking for 85mins then comes up with that bit of magic, what a player! VDB has to start too as he makes a massive difference.
Does it quite a bit eh

Why are you calling Fernandes by his first name benny?
Do you know him personally?
i do it also. Mostly for spelling reasons

Yeah me too and I don’t see an issue with it but benny was having a go at fans on the UFC thread for calling players by their first name. Basically acting the big bollox.

But go easy on him BSM. Maybe just a warning rather than a ban.

Nope was giving off about calling lads by their nicknames.

Bruno is a little different from the Justin’s, David’s, Robbie’s of the world.
Sponsored Links

Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:43pm
KDB out for a month for city, United must keep the pressure on in that time to be realistic challengers come the business end of the season 
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:25pm
😎

I was both Shaws and Pogbas biggest critics but they have been immense last two months.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:51pm
I thought Shaw struggled a bit today and wasn't as good as he was at Anfield. I think he should've done better for Salah's goal tbh but overall he has played very well overall this season.

I'm a bit sorry to see Williams not get much of a look in as I didn't think he was playing that bad. Shaw knows when to cut inside or go for the cross more than Williams does and that's a weakness of Williams imo where he tries to cut in too much when going wide might be the better option at times. 

I know United conceded 2 goals in open play but I think Lindelof deserved MOTM as much has Pogba did. I thought he did very well and wasn't at fault for either goal.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:56pm
rashford was man of the match I thought  
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:02pm
Shaw has definitely been POTM in January. Whether Telles signing has spurred him on or not, he’s been brilliant. I do think that Bailly should be first choice over Lindelof but it’s good to have options. Wednesday night an important game.
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Cabs88 Cabs88 wrote:

Shaw has definitely been POTM in January. Whether Telles signing has spurred him on or not, he’s been brilliant. I do think that Bailly should be first choice over Lindelof but it’s good to have options. Wednesday night an important game.

That's what I thought before the Spurs game LOL

Bailly did well against Burnley but he likes to break the defensive line and attack an aerial ball that his midfielder can deal with a bit too much which exposes the rest of the defence. Lindelof is more consistent and reliable if lacking physicality for a CB. 

Given the pace Liverpool or City have in their attacking unit I would always start Lindelof over Bailly but would have Bailly playing when United are up against more physical/traditional forwards in lower placed EPL sides.   

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:30pm
United big contenders for the league and cup double this season now 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Favs for the Europa league too.

The treble is a good bet or Man U to win a trophy this season is a Hans printing money bet.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 8:52pm

Until they meet City in either competitions LOL 

City are stronger as a midfield unit in the way that United can still be a bit disjointed and inconsistent. It doesn't matter how pacey United's attack is if you have a midfield that can dominate and can cut off the supply line.

City deserved to win the stalemate league game as dull as it was as they had a few close range chances from what I remember. 

United's priority is to close the gap on City and Liverpool as much as possible, cement third spot and try and win a cup. I think the Europa League is going to do more harm than good this season on United's league placing if they play strong starting teams in it. Last season was different when it looked like the Europa League was the most realistic chance before the league form picked up. 

Edited by irishmufc - 24 Jan 2021 at 8:54pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:49pm
They'd be as well sacking off the Europa League, play the reserves in it. 

I've watched a good bit of United recently and i do see them as big title contenders now. They rode their luck in a few games early on in the season, but with Pogba now finally playing well i think they could go very close. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:02am
Bar the first Liverpool goal, I thought Shaw was excellent yesterday. Pogba as well top class. 
Both playing very well of late. Telles coming in seems to have lit a rocket up Shaw and he's been very good all season.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:49am
Can’t recall the last time Utd played a 433. Thought it was a shrewd move to combat Liverpool’s. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:30am

They'd be as well sacking off the Europa League, play the reserves in it. 

I've watched a good bit of United recently and i do see them as big title contenders now. They rode their luck in a few games early on in the season, but with Pogba now finally playing well i think they could go very close. 

Man U have the squad to compete on 3 fronts.
They are around 5-6/1 for each competition so should go for them all.

When you are winning lots of games you never hear of the players being tired! 
Did you hear any complaints of tiredness from City when they did the treble recently? 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:55am

Can’t recall the last time Utd played a 433. Thought it was a shrewd move to combat Liverpool’s. 

What?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What?
what?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:59pm
I only saw the 2nd half and it looked to me a 433 in possession 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:33pm
More of a 4231 formation like most games! Though pogba covered some serious ground in attack and defence.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16601661166216631664 1770>
  Share Topic