Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16091610161116121613 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Good performance but think some United fans are getting ahead of themselves
Progress being made, but still massive work to do. Improvement to the first eleven as well as the squad as the options on the bench are pretty depressing
Still not sold on OGS either

Didn’t Ole have a similar run last season and then a terrible run.

Home defeats to Burnley and Palace are a reminder of the low moments this season.

If United want to win the league they need to go after the best managers. 
I think Ole was a good appointment after the previous managers to get back to basics but he won’t be delivering a title. 
He has done okay at United but that’s it.

Sponsored Links

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Good performance but think some United fans are getting ahead of themselves
Progress being made, but still massive work to do. Improvement to the first eleven as well as the squad as the options on the bench are pretty depressing
Still not sold on OGS either

Didn’t Ole have a similar run last season and then a terrible run.

Home defeats to Burnley and Palace are a reminder of the low moments this season.

If United want to win the league they need to go after the best managers. 
I think Ole was a good appointment after the previous managers to get back to basics but he won’t be delivering a title. 
He has done okay at United but that’s it.

Cant disagree, was given the job on a permanent basis after a good run, which I still think was premature.
He's a nice lad, who loves the club and seems to have a great attitude. Would make an excellent coach but not the man for the job.
Still think with Poch available they should approach him, but the problems do stem further than the manager as mentioned above
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Bruno different class again Clap
Let’s see what he’s like when the pressures on!

LOL
I’ll bookmark this one👍

Please do! The guy is a class act and to question that is ridiculous.
Time will tell. Remember Pogbas first few months🤔

And when Pogba is fit he performs well, what's your point?

He has been man of the match in most of the games he has played, including Spurs, City and Chelsea.
Fernandes looks a good player. Let’s see if he maintains it . That’s all I’m saying. Pogba has performed well for UTD in the last year or so! Don’t know about that!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:39pm
Leicester 2 down away to Everton. 

After 25 games in February, Leicester were 14 points ahead of United with a +21 goal difference.

They were 8 points ahead of United before the season break in March and +16 goal difference which was effectively 9 points.

If Everton hold on to win 2-0 United will only be 3 points behind with a +8 goal difference with 6 games left. United have very good chance of catching them. 

Leicester away in the last game. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:41pm

LOL
I’ll bookmark this one👍

He has been man of the match in most of the games he has played, including Spurs, City and Chelsea.
Fernandes looks a good player. Let’s see if he maintains it . That’s all I’m saying. Pogba has performed well for UTD in the last year or so! Don’t know about that!

Honest question, have you seen much of Bruno since he signed? Calling him a good player is an understatement.

Pogba has been injured for most of the last year. 
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:45pm

LOL
I’ll bookmark this one👍

Pogba and Martial get a lot of undue criticism which doesn’t relate to matters on the pitch. Bad attitude, bad apple, bringing down the dressing room. Typical British media 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 6:49pm
Yet when you hear any footballer talking about Pogba they always mention how good an influence he is in the dressing room.

The British media don’t like “flashy” black players.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 01 Jul 2020 at 6:50pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:16am

Yet when you hear any footballer talking about Pogba they always mention how good an influence he is in the dressing room.

Wise up! Stevie wonder could see he downed tools under Mourinho ! He certainly influenced the dressing room there. Don’t like Mourinho myself. But a boss is a boss. If you actually watched pogbas career to date. He played of the left midfield with juve. Effective yes . UTD play him centre mid. He’ll not dominate midfield week in week out! Hasn’t got the discipline. Quoting footballer speak isn’t a great way of backing up an argument !
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:18pm

Wise up! Stevie wonder could see he downed tools under Mourinho ! He certainly influenced the dressing room there. Don’t like Mourinho myself. But a boss is a boss. If you actually watched pogbas career to date. He played of the left midfield with juve. Effective yes . UTD play him centre mid. He’ll not dominate midfield week in week out! Hasn’t got the discipline. Quoting footballer speak isn’t a great way of backing up an argument !

Well that’s all hearsay really. Mourinho may have just decided to play mctominay and matic consistently over him which led to a rift. Remember when mourinho tried to exile casillas and Ramos. He does have a track record of falling out with star players. He did the same to Luke shaw but I didn’t hear the pundits question his attitude and project their unfounded bile. None of them are in the dressing room or training ground so they are only speculating as I am now. Pogba did give a heroic speech for the World Cup final. A game where he ran the midfield and most of the creativity came from him. Matic and him have been brilliant playing deep since the return of the premier league. I think if pogba was playing for a 6th placed team in Germany, Italy or Spain he would be lauded as the star player in an average. It’s easy to forget that it’s been Manchester United in name only in recent years. He seems to get blamed for the mistakes of the defenders and strikers. He’s not perfect but to me he’s clearly Uniteds best player. Until Fernandes arrived he was the only player that could unlock a defence.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:18pm

Neither is using full stops and exclamation marks out of place.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:19pm

Well that’s all hearsay really. Mourinho may have just decided to play mctominay and matic consistently over him which led to a rift. Remember when mourinho tried to exile casillas and Ramos. He does have a track record of falling out with star players. He did the same to Luke shaw but I didn’t hear the pundits question his attitude and project their unfounded bile. None of them are in the dressing room or training ground so they are only speculating as I am now. Pogba did give a heroic speech for the World Cup final. A game where he ran the midfield and most of the creativity came from him. Matic and him have been brilliant playing deep since the return of the premier league. I think if pogba was playing for a 6th placed team in Germany, Italy or Spain he would be lauded as the star player in an average. It’s easy to forget that it’s been Manchester United in name only in recent years. He seems to get blamed for the mistakes of the defenders and strikers. He’s not perfect but to me he’s clearly Uniteds best player. Until Fernandes arrived he was the only player that could unlock a defence.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:45pm

But i could make almost the exact same argument about a similarly high profile player in Eden Hazard, stevie wonder could see he downed tools under mourinho. Hadn't the discipline to do the defensive work for Mourinho, huge argument, public criticism and falling out. Went through bad seasons amongst the excellent ones. He wasn't covered like Pogba is. Why?
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:55am
This is a huge next few games for OGS to show he is progressing the club in the right direction. The fact that they are against 'the fodder' is precisely the point. Big game results have been consistently good stretching back to Van Gaal, they haven't been a problem. OGS' record in such games has been very impressive and he has shown excellent tactical nous in many of them. The issue is and has been for a long time putting teams like Brighton and Bournemouth away. 

They sat back as negatively as any team when they went 1 up, and for years United would've lost that game 1-0 no matter how bad Bournemouth are - just 18 months ago the plan would have just been pump it forward to Lukaku. We don't need to "see this team up against a big team" because even when the team was far worse, the big games have never been a problem. Beating the lower teams who set up defensively is something that hasn't happened in a long time. 

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 06 Jul 2020 at 8:55am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:16pm
Oh Lordy Greenwood is outrageous!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:23pm
Villa were the better team for the first 20 minutes or so, missed a few good chances.
Greenwood is going to be world class
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:37pm
Post Covid Champions
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Villa were the better team for the first 20 minutes or so, missed a few good chances.
Greenwood is going to be world class
So was Ben Thornley and Luke Chadwick..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:45pm
Never remember either of them hitting 16 goals in their first season...

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Jul 2020 at 9:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16091610161116121613 1770>
  Share Topic