Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15961597159815991600 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:13am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

50m for AWB is a bargain really when you look at it, what a player.

The longer himself, Maguire, Solskjaer and co. are at United the happier I'll be. I fancy them to finish bottom half.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 7:50am
Fred brilliant again!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 8:29am

Sad it before and will say is again, more than happy to see him line up against Liverpool's fullbacks for years to come!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:37am
Maguire absolutely blessed not to get punished, I love the fact in the post game interview he said he was trying to cushion the blow if Bat was gonna fall on him LOL

No issues with Zouma's disallowed goal, Fred's challenge on Dave was your typical physical clash when a corner is taken, his subsequent challenge on Williams a definite foul.

I would have more grievance with the Giroud disallowed goal, the offside rule is a joke.

Delighted with the 3 points anyway, United home to Watford at the weekend guarantee they'll drop points|
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:40am
Did he take Bat and balls?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:51am
How do you know when somebody is lying, lack of eye contact and eyes on the floor. Step up Harry Maguire in the post matcher LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

How do you know when somebody is lying, lack of eye contact and eyes on the floor. Step up Harry Maguire in the post matcher LOL

To be fair, he's like that in all his interviews, very awkward man
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:18am
Good win last night, Fernandes such a classy operator, AWB showed his quality yet again, as did Fred and Maguire. Clap
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The longer himself, Maguire, Solskjaer and co. are at United the happier I'll be. I fancy them to finish bottom half.

Really?

I fancy them to finish 5th, maybe even 4th

The CL placings are going to be a huge unknown until City's appeal is heard and judged upon. Will be strange having that much uncertainty at the end of the season.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Really?

I fancy them to finish 5th, maybe even 4th

The CL placings are going to be a huge unknown until City's appeal is heard and judged upon. Will be strange having that much uncertainty at the end of the season.

I don't see United finishing lower than 5th. This is coming from someone who placed a bet at the start of the season that they'd finish 7th or lower. I don't think they're magically that much better but with the quality of the league overall this year it won't take much to get there, and with United beating Chelsea last night they've taken a step towards it again.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 18 Feb 2020 at 10:44am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:50am
Bailly back alongside Maguire, AWB finally getting an assist, Williams continuing to look a good talent, Fred improved, Fernandes arrival, the dropping of Perreria finally a total nothing player - things are certainly starting to look improved for them.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:58am

Bailly back alongside Maguire, AWB finally getting an assist, Williams continuing to look a good talent, Fred improved, Fernandes arrival, the dropping of Perreria finally a total nothing player - things are certainly starting to look improved for them.

I don't think either Bailly or Lindelof are the answer beside Maguire, I would actually look to see if Tuanzebe can't seize his opportunity like Williams did, but the rest is all very encouraging. There are definitely a higher number of reliable looking players there now than at the start of the season. McTominay should be back soon to strengthen the midfield. United are still missing their best player this season in Rashford too, so when he comes back it'll be the infamous 'like a new signing'.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 18 Feb 2020 at 11:00am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:08am
This summer is the time for United to get ruthless. They can improve their squad massively while also satisfying the Glazers in terms of net spend. Pogba and De Gea should be sold. Dean Henderson is ready to step up, and Fernandes will play the role that Pogba does anyway. If United took the money for those two players and reinvested it in clever buys like, say, Odsonne Edouard or Wilfried Ndidi type players, young hungry lads with energy and skill, they'd be infinitely better off.

Interesting decision to be made with Chris Smalling at the end of the year too. The talent is quite evidently there.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Ok Sir a genius Moleman. 
I'm applying the S. Byrne rule here- If you post in the Man United thread you are banned for a week. do it twice it's a month, etc etc 

You can post on any other thread. Have a nice day 
So young Hans, following exhaustive investigations, it has been discovered that in spite of the above instruction from one of our overlords, you have been quietly sneaking in here since mid January. As per the above post, you are now banned, I’ll be generous though ans start with the weeks ban only despite multiple posts.

This will give you more time to watch your many screens without having to concern yourself with enlightening the masses on here with your infinite unending wisdom.

See you in a week!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Ok Sir a genius Moleman. 
I'm applying the S. Byrne rule here- If you post in the Man United thread you are banned for a week. do it twice it's a month, etc etc 

You can post on any other thread. Have a nice day 
So young Hans, following exhaustive investigations, it has been discovered that in spite of the above instruction from one of our overlords, you have been quietly sneaking in here since mid January. As per the above post, you are now banned, I’ll be generous though ans start with the weeks ban only despite multiple posts.

This will give you more time to watch your many screens without having to concern yourself with enlightening the masses on here with your infinite unending wisdom.

See you in a week!

At least we got an admission that he would be happy to see united in the lower reaches of the table for the foreseeable future despite being neutral LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:48am
Harsh
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I don't think either Bailly or Lindelof are the answer beside Maguire, I would actually look to see if Tuanzebe can't seize his opportunity like Williams did, but the rest is all very encouraging. There are definitely a higher number of reliable looking players there now than at the start of the season. McTominay should be back soon to strengthen the midfield. United are still missing their best player this season in Rashford too, so when he comes back it'll be the infamous 'like a new signing'.

Still not sold on Maguire, but still first choice centre half. Lindelof and Bailly are good back up, but would like to see then go for Dias from Benfica. Unlikely to happen though
McTominay would have been the first choice on the team sheet at the start of the season. Now, it would be hard to dislodge Matic and Fred. Not a huge fan of either, but both playing very well.
Agree with Pogba, and as much as I would hate to see him go, De Gea's best days are behind him.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:37pm

De Gea should be sold. Dean Henderson is ready to step up
Don't know that much about him, but is DH really ready to step up to "Top Four" standard, for that's what MU should be aspiring to?

It's all very well doing it for a lower-profile club like Sheff U and under a top manager etc, but to be the main man at OT is a whole lot different, especially for one so (relatively) young.

In the past, a gk like him would still only have been back-up to an already established, proven No.1.

Interesting decision to be made with Chris Smalling at the end of the year too. The talent is quite evidently there.
According to some source in Italy, Spurs (and Everton) are interested. God knows we need defenders, and Jose can often get a tune out of players he likes, but Smalling? Confused

Smacks of low-money desperation to me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15961597159815991600 1770>
  Share Topic