Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15851586158715881589 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 1:25pm
I've criticised Gomez in the past on here as I didn't think he's trained on in the past year, he's been good recently though.
I'd have him as a better player than Maguire. Totally over rated

I see Bruno Fernandes is close to signing. Another £60m spent by the Glazers, who somehow people see as the problem for not investing in the squad

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Jan 2020 at 1:26pm
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 1:35pm
Have to admit I've always been impressed by Gomez from what I've seen of him.

I don't think Maguire has done a lot wrong since he joined. I just don't think Lindelof is cut out for it. 

United definitely need another centre back. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

More nonsense from yourself.

Is Joe Gomez a better CB than Harry Maguire then?

Maguire and AWB are certainly not a part of United’s problems, their lack of a an actual midfield is  and the forward line needs boosted.

It's not the question you asked but I wouldn't swap Joe Gomez for Harry Maguire at the moment. 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:07pm

Maguire and AWB are certainly not a part of United’s problems, their lack of a an actual midfield is  and the forward line needs boosted.

Spot on, the defence is the least of United's worries, especially now that Rashford is out!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Spot on, the defence is the least of United's worries, especially now that Rashford is out!

I don't disagree. The defence is the least of Uniteds worries right now. There are problems galore in that side, but last summer Solskjaer and many others believed that 2 positions were now sorted into the future.

For United to be back challenging at the very top of European football though, those 2 signings last summer have compounded problem signing after problem signing. Simply put, neither were the answer to their CB and RB issues and if United are to kick on over the next few years and actually challenge again (hard to see it happening), both of those players will need to replaced as first team starters. 

On Gomez/Maguire I don't think anyone watching full matches of Gomez over the past 2 seasons would have Maguire ahead of him. Gomez is still raw but getting better and better, Maguires strengths are massively over rated. United got sold a bog standard PL defender for a world record fee.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 21 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I've criticised Gomez in the past on here as I didn't think he's trained on in the past year, he's been good recently though.
I'd have him as a better player than Maguire. Totally over rated

I see Bruno Fernandes is close to signing. Another £60m spent by the Glazers, who somehow people see as the problem for not investing in the squad

a midfielder was let go in the summer, as were the two most experienced attacking players. In return, Ole got one winger for 15 million from the Championship. as for Herrera and Lukaku, they were not replaced, which means United 'who can do things in the transfer market others can only dream of' are scrambling around for a loan striker with 10 days to go in the market, and have one fit midfielder playing well. 

So, Ole would be perfectly right to bemoan lack of investment in midfield and attack - when he's had three out, one in - if he is going to be judged himself on his aptitude as a manager.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:34pm
The Glazers release the money I would have thought, not decide what areas of the team to spend it on?
Ole got £140m in the summer to spend, and heres another £60m now
United are among the top spenders in most transfer windows. If they aren't picking the right players that's not the Glazers fault IMO

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:41pm
Gomez would actually be an ideal kind of CB partner for Maguire.

Lindelof showed a bit of promise last season but has since regressed to the level he was at when he first signed for United - i.e not PL standard.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:56pm

The Glazers release the money I would have thought, not decide what areas of the team to spend it on?
United are among the top spenders in most transfer windows. If they aren't picking the right players that's not the Glazers fault IMO

It is when they refuse to appoint someone who is actually capable of putting a plan in place for footballing matters. It's been over a year now since they told us they were going to bring in a director of football. Still waiting on that one...
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I don't disagree. The defence is the least of Uniteds worries right now. There are problems galore in that side, but last summer Solskjaer and many others believed that 2 positions were now sorted into the future.

For United to be back challenging at the very top of European football though, those 2 signings last summer have compounded problem signing after problem signing. Simply put, neither were the answer to their CB and RB issues and if United are to kick on over the next few years and actually challenge again (hard to see it happening), both of those players will need to replaced as first team starters. 

On Gomez/Maguire I don't think anyone watching full matches of Gomez over the past 2 seasons would have Maguire ahead of him. Gomez is still raw but getting better and better, Maguires strengths are massively over rated. United got sold a bog standard PL defender for a world record fee.

I completely disagree about Wan Bissaka, he was been one of United's best players this season, defensively he has been very very good though he does need to improve his attacking link up play.

Brandon Williams has been superb, he is very good both defensively and in attack and is seriously strong and aggressive for his age.

Both wing back positions could be sorted for the next decade if both players stay injury free and continue to develop their game.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:49pm

The Glazers hired a businessman to look after the sporting aspects of the club of course it’s their fault, they don’t really care if the club is winning as long as the club continues to make them money.

I suspect you’re on the wind up here Baggio.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Lindelof showed a bit of promise last season but has since regressed to the level he was at when he first signed for United - i.e not PL standard.

LOL Not Premier League standard? 

Would he struggle for game time at Sheff Utd, Bournemouth etc.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:57pm

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL Not Premier League standard? 

Would he struggle for game time at Sheff Utd, Bournemouth etc.

I think it's fairly obvious he wouldn't get near Sheffield United's team. He'd have a shot at Bournemouth alright but given they'll probably be in the Championship next season that just reaffirms my point!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:58pm
LOL Thanks.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I completely disagree about Wan Bissaka, he was been one of United's best players this season, defensively he has been very very good though he does need to improve his attacking link up play.

Brandon Williams has been superb, he is very good both defensively and in attack and is seriously strong and aggressive for his age.

Both wing back positions could be sorted for the next decade if both players stay injury free and continue to develop their game.

Do you not think it's absolutely mental that AWB needs to improve his attacking play, yet was signed for 50 million was it? There are so many players out there that could have been bought by United that would give them a far better attacking outlet at RB. It seems that Solskjaer and by extension United have now bogged themselves down into some sort of deep counter attacking system that will be very hard to shake unless completely different players are brought in. It's a setup going nowhere short and long term.

I like AWB as a player but he should be playing with teams in mid table imo. The likes of Max Aarons would have offered a far far higher ceiling as a player over the next few years at half the price last summer. It's just bizarre decision after bizarre decision on the transfer front by United and tbh it's actually getting worse imo with Solskjaer there.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:13pm
AWB crossing is shocking. He looks awkward in possession. Can’t put my finger on it but it’s like one leg is shorter then the other one!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:43pm
AWB is sh*te going forward
I remember someone in the summer on here telling United fans that repeatedly!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:55am
Thank you Mr Brick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15851586158715881589 1770>
  Share Topic