Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15561557155815591560 1770>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

They could easily finish around 10th spot LOL LOL it's incredible that they've ended up here

The way other teams are playing they could just as easily finish top 4.

It certainly isn't incredible that United are where they are, it was expected really.

Solskjaer has them moving in the right direction after weeding out a few of the dead weights and by giving youth a chance, it's still very very early in the season so save your laughing faces and arrogance for a future date, we don't want it blowing up in your face again!

Really?

There are many problems at the club, but Solskjaer is clearly out of his depth IMO. The soundbites he used soon after getting the job about "United DNA" and the "history of the club" have worn thin.

I genuinely do believe so, yes he is under huge pressure but it's still very early in the season, they have dropped a lot of points already but luckily so have most of their direct rivals so they have not lost too much ground. 
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:26am
I don't think he's under that much pressure. Not as much as Mourinho was anyway. There comes a time when you have to stop changing manager. I just don't think he's good enough to be managing at that level. Don't see a sacking coming anytime soon though

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:52am

I don't think he's under that much pressure. Not as much as Mourinho was anyway. There comes a time when you have to stop changing manager. I just don't think he's good enough to be managing at that level. Don't see a sacking coming anytime soon though

Agree -
The fans like him and he is giving youth players a chance.
Unless he finishes outside the top 6 I reckon he will be there next season. 

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Agree -

I'm not too sure about that, sure he's second favourite in the bookies to be the first manager sacked and the media are running with Poch to United rumours again today.

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:27am

Agree -

Chelsea are giving Youth a chance, Utd are not really!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:36am

They could easily finish around 10th spot LOL LOL it's incredible that they've ended up here

It certainly isn't incredible that United are where they are, it was expected really.

Solskjaer has them moving in the right direction after weeding out a few of the dead weights and by giving youth a chance, it's still very very early in the season so save your laughing faces and arrogance for a future date, we don't want it blowing up in your face again!

They have zero chance of finishing top 4. It is the poorest United squad and manager probably since they were last relegated. Anyone watching these guys and thinking they've still got a chance of top 4 is seriously deluded. Way way beyond levels of past delusions on here by the likes of Bhob and SirAlex.

Solskjaer has done the right thing in removing a few wasters from the squad last summer. The problem is there's about 10 more still in the squad. They needed to remove almost every one of them and bring in about 10 new players last summer. No manager would survive beyond this season with the playing  squad currently there. When you are playing the likes of Perreira and McTominay in every game, warning bells should be ringing. They are players from championship to league 1 standard.

It is playing players for the simple sake of them being young, and that the manager can then bang the drum about United DNA and how they are going in the right direction. It is utter nonsense. I'm all for playing youngsters but they must be of a certain standard - here's an idea, why don't United go out and actually buy some quality young players with the 100s of millions they have. It's a radical idea, but I think it could help them.

As for anything United do blowing up in my face LOL I'm all good, I've known where United have stood for years. The absolute delusion you are showing in your comments has never affected me thankfully.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:38am

Agree -

The talk is that he'll be sacked by next month. I doubt very much he'll last until Christmas myself at the latest. If he does they could be bottom half in the PL by the half way stage of the season LOL He is seriously out of his depth. He is making David Moyes time there look better and better every week.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:03pm

Agreed.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Agreed.

I think United fans are gradually managing their expectations and I think that will save Ole for the medium term. Unlike previous years where major signings were made, this year, most United fans are taking an objective look at what they’ve got and are coming to terms with being out of the Championship race, and the relatively remote possibility of making the Champions League.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 1:56pm

They have zero chance of finishing top 4. It is the poorest United squad and manager probably since they were last relegated. Anyone watching these guys and thinking they've still got a chance of top 4 is seriously deluded. Way way beyond levels of past delusions on here by the likes of Bhob and SirAlex.

Solskjaer has done the right thing in removing a few wasters from the squad last summer. The problem is there's about 10 more still in the squad. They needed to remove almost every one of them and bring in about 10 new players last summer. No manager would survive beyond this season with the playing  squad currently there. When you are playing the likes of Perreira and McTominay in every game, warning bells should be ringing. They are players from championship to league 1 standard.

It is playing players for the simple sake of them being young, and that the manager can then bang the drum about United DNA and how they are going in the right direction. It is utter nonsense. I'm all for playing youngsters but they must be of a certain standard - here's an idea, why don't United go out and actually buy some quality young players with the 100s of millions they have. It's a radical idea, but I think it could help them.

As for anything United do blowing up in my face LOL I'm all good, I've known where United have stood for years. The absolute delusion you are showing in your comments has never affected me thankfully.

Coming from the king of the spoofers LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Only time will tell what will happen this season, let's just wait and see!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:20pm
I think you'll find that in the face of absolute delusion on this thread from yourself and many others, my thoughts on United have been generally spot on.

The fact that you think time will tell how the season plays out, as if what's gone before has no effect from here on in, sums up the delusion. United are in the worst place they've been since the 1970s imo. The season is a complete write off for them and the biggest thing now is how long Solskjaer can hang onto his job.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 7:16pm
If Pooch has another good season with spurs he won't downgrade himself to united. They'd have to pay him an absolute fortune. The problem at United is far bigger then the manager. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If Pooch has another good season with spurs he won't downgrade himself to united. They'd have to pay him an absolute fortune. The problem at United is far bigger then the manager. 
Spurs fans would give him dogs abuse I’d say 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL
I enjoyed that more than was appropriate!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:06pm
LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:17pm
LOL
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
I was depressed last night but then I saw we are playing Arsenal at home next. Their away form has been a running joke for the last 3 seasons. They couldn’t beat a Mourinho side that had downed tools last season. Manchester United won’t lose again is my prediction.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15561557155815591560 1770>
  Share Topic