Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15461547154815491550 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:51pm
Never seen Martial work so hard. Leading the line very well
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Looking at Man U bench - no Bailly, Jones, smalling, Rojo 
Are they all injured?
No just sh*te
LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:06pm
We left that behind us tonight. The performance was much better than the two losses at Molineux last season. Wolves away is a tricky game and I expect them to give most of the top 6 sides difficult games. I thought it was a brilliant save by Patricio rather than a bad penalty by pogba but sure that will be the main talking point after the match. Saying that I thought pogba, Lingard and Mctominay were very wasteful in possession tonight. We stiii look very weak in central midfield. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:12pm
United drop points and Pogba misses a potential match winning penalty - Brexit Britain rejoices. 

In all seriousness, stereotypical game of two halves which showed the strengths and weaknesses of United this season. Bright energetic and dominant first half, overran in midfield the second. Wouldve probably taken a draw if offered it before the game.

Would take neves and dendoncker at united in an absolute heartbeat. Two quality operators.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 19 Aug 2019 at 10:13pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

We left that behind us tonight. The performance was much better than the two losses at Molineux last season. Wolves away is a tricky game and I expect them to give most of the top 6 sides difficult games. I thought it was a brilliant save by Patricio rather than a bad penalty by pogba but sure that will be the main talking point after the match. Saying that I thought pogba, Lingard and Mctominay were very wasteful in possession tonight. We stiii look very weak in central midfield. 

It's 'We' when the Swiss come into town Thursday two weeks Wink

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:58pm

How long will it last though? A seriously inconsistent and lazy player at times
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

It's 'We' when the Swiss come into town Thursday two weeks Wink

True that

Edited by doherty - 19 Aug 2019 at 11:15pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:16pm
Weak management. 

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
AKA pedantic kunt
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:30pm

He’s a great fella when you’re a goal up.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Weak management. 

Solskjaer explaining the penalty situation LOL I can't remember the last time I've seen a manager look so feeble publicly.

The funny thing is that if he'd taken a strong stance on Pogba over the summer, and said that Pogba can go as he doesn't want anyone at United not willing to really fight for the team, Solskjaer would look such a strong manager. He'd also have managed to remove one of the biggest poisons to ever play at Old Trafford.

He went the other way though, pandered to an imposter of a player who the majority of the United fanbase would have loved to see the back of. As it is Solskjaer in charge, this setup could be allowed to drag out for a good season or 2 yet, but it's only going to end one way. That is a certainty.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 20 Aug 2019 at 3:41am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:51am
Hindsights a great thing, and probably wrong, but has Rashford missed a penalty? Would have thought he was nailed on
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:59am
Where is the hindsight in telling a player with an atrocious penalty record, that he isn't allowed to take any more penalties? Surely that is the most basic management there is.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:14am
Solskjaer completely bottled it. Farcical having 2 penalty takers
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It's actually mental. Like between nutrition, sports science, psychology, set pieces etc everything is covered off to the nth degree yet something as crucial as penalties is simply left between two lads to decide who 'fancies' it more - one of whom happens to be a total egomaniac. It's frankly bizarre that you would encourage such uncertainty before something that should be very much set in stone before the match. Fair enough if you want to have Rashford as designated taker and Pogba as second on the list, i.e if Rashford gets milled out of it to win the penalty or isn't on the pitch Pogba takes it - but to seemingly give both equal priority is very odd. It's hard to understand what the upside of such a set-up is.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:07am
Don’t think you need hindsight. Said when Pogba stepped up that Rashford should be hitting it
Not only did he score his last two penalties against PSG and Chelsea but he struck them brilliantly, the way a penalty should be taken
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Especially when one of those has missed the most penalties in the league over the last 11 months. Rashford should be demanding to take it and show a bit of personality, he seemed too happy to let Pogba take it.

Last night showed why McTominay will never be a great midfielder. Spent most of the that 2nd half hiding from the ball when Maguire or Lindelof had it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 12:18pm
The air time Neville was given last night to discuss the penalty incident was embarrassing, Pogba won the penalty and was confident he would score, these things happen.

The biggest worry for me was the fact United were nearly at full strength yet Lingard (zero goals or assists for United in 2019) and Dan James both started. An injury to Pogba/Rashford/Martial and United are in big trouble.

Sanchez has been horrible for United but there is no way he should be allowed to leave on loan.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

The air time Neville was given last night to discuss the penalty incident was embarrassing, Pogba won the penalty and was confident he would score, these things happen.
Aye, Pogba might have been "confident", but was anyone else?

As for "these things happen", isn't that the whole point? I mean, Pogba missing penalties happens all the time these days LOL

Agree with those others who've identified this as weak management, but the real weakness lies in the Boardroom, not with OGS, since it's clear that if he had demanded to get shot of Pogba and replace him with equivalent quality, the answer would almost certainly have been "No" (too expensive).

I suspect OGS hates being stuck with Pogba. Then again, that's one reason why the Board appointed him, and not another strong character like Mourinho or van Gaal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15461547154815491550 1770>
  Share Topic