You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phil Lynott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 7:52am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Delighted to see this is getting good reviews. Fortunate enough to know John who produced this and great to see the hard work of all involved paying off. Fingers crossed they finally get to have the premiere after Christmas. 

Myself and the wife were fortunate enough to get to the premiere of this last night. It's fantastic and definitely worth seeing on a big screen with loud speakers! Some of the archive footage and tapes are amazing. Some great characters and stories. Few moments were it got awful dusty in the cinema as well. 

I'm going to see it on St. Stephen's Day hopefully in town. The cinemas are only opening from 6pm from what I'm seeing, and they haven't next week's film up yet. But here's hoping. I got the box set 3 weeks ago so a "Lizzy Xmas" to you all.

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 11:51am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 4:47pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:37am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 7:33pm
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

No Vibe for Philo next year unfortunately. the plan was to move it to Vicar Street from Whelan's. I think there'll be some sort of virtual event to celebrate on January 4th. I know I'll be.. haven't missed many vibes, and I always am impressed with the bands and especially the younger lads doing "Lizzy" songs. Brian Downey's Alive and Dangerous group is fantastic, and worth going to see if they play in Ireland.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

No Vibe for Philo next year unfortunately. the plan was to move it to Vicar Street from Whelan's. I think there'll be some sort of virtual event to celebrate on January 4th. I know I'll be.. haven't missed many vibes, and I always am impressed with the bands and especially the younger lads doing "Lizzy" songs. Brian Downey's Alive and Dangerous group is fantastic, and worth going to see if they play in Ireland.

I've only been to the Vibe once and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well named there was certainly a strong vibe.

I've seen Alive and Dangerous twice in Ballyshannon and South Shields superb gigs.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 6:44am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

An interview with Brian Downey from 2017.

https://www.metalexpressradio.com/2017/11/21/brian-downey-thin-lizzy-talks-about-new-band-and-playing-again-in-thin-lizzy/

Edited by Double Maxim - 24 Dec 2020 at 6:47am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 6:51am
And another BD interview before the Alive and Dangerous gig I was at in South Shields.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:20pm

Thin Lizzy - A Song For While I'm Away.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 9:20pm
i'm guessing 'Songs for while i'm away' will go straight out on DVD after New Years day ?

Looking forward to seeing it 

Edited by Healy52003 - 25 Dec 2020 at 9:21pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

i'm guessing 'Songs for while i'm away' will go straight out on DVD after New Years day ?

Looking forward to seeing it 

I'm not sure what the craic us with the dvd?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 9:20am
Got to Give it Up.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 12:25pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 12:03am

It's the anniversary of Philos death today.

35 years since his passing.

RIP

Edited by Double Maxim - 04 Jan 2021 at 5:57am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 9:01am
One Wish - Philo with Huey Lewis.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 1:48pm
Borderline recorded at RTE.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic