You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Death Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 219>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:55am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

The Cranberries were massively popular all over continental europe too.Look at any of the recent videos put up on youtube and see how many languages there are comments in.

As regards her being one of the coolest women to come out of Ireland, many regard this as the best live performance ever on saturday night live and Dolores at the absolute height of her cool.

Sensational.ClapClap

I went to school in France for a bit in the nineties, she made Ireland popular then. Everybody knew her, where she was from, in a way many other Irish artists never achieved. Every day somebody would shout 'Cranberries' at me in the school, and, for no apparent reason, I was proud of them.  Some people are still confused about Sir Bono and Sir Bob, even themselves! I  really don't think Dolores was ever confused about where she was from. 
To people like me, that meant more than it should.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:57am
Just to put it into perspective the amount of Spanish, German and North Americans that have flown in especially for funeral is unreal.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:52pm
It was a heart attack she died from apparently.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I am not at home, so maybe the reaction is over-the-top, but I really don't understand how it could be. She was a national treasure, a genuine superstar. I doubt I am the only one to have been touched by her passing, I am certain nearly every Irishman under fifty lost a bit of themselves when she died.

100% agree, PM. It affected me more than any of the celebrity deaths of the last two years or so, and there have been a lot.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:16pm
Wasn't a fan of the music but a tragedy for her family is Limerick is very quiet today for the funeral.

Very popular in Europe back in the da esp France
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm

I am not at home, so maybe the reaction is over-the-top, but I really don't understand how it could be. She was a national treasure, a genuine superstar. I doubt I am the only one to have been touched by her passing, I am certain nearly every Irishman under fifty lost a bit of themselves when she died.

Really pm. Prince passing had a much more profound impact on me personally. Personal thing though.   

Edited by Baldrick - 23 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Really pm. Prince passing had a much more profound impact on me personally. Personal thing though.   

Have always hated Prince's music. Apparently he was a very talented lad but found his music bland.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Source?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:12pm
Horses for courses but Prince's music is anything but bland. Incredibly eclectic mix of all sorts of music genres and was always pushing the boundaries.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Source?

her heart
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:16pm
It's being reported as suicide by overdose
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Where ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:25pm
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:25pm

That was word around Limerick last week.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:28pm
I would agree with the comments about her being our most famous female singer ever. As PM mentioned, my favourite thing about her was that her Limerick accent never changed. Usually Irish people becoming famous and travelling the world get diluted accent, some bit at least. The most iconic voice in the last 20 odd years of music maybe? So distinctive and beautiful. Great to see how moved people are in the Limerick area about her loss. Hopefully that's a tiny comfort to the family in years to come.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Horses for courses but Prince's music is anything but bland. Incredibly eclectic mix of all sorts of music genres and was always pushing the boundaries.
And all of them pretty bland to me! I get his influence and importance, but his music I found quite boring.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:30pm
Enya has twice the record sales of Delores so it's debatable as to being our most famous
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:42pm

source?

can't find any sources for either suicide or heart attack when I do a search on google or twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 219>
  Share Topic