You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Death Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 218>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 6:24pm
I don't have all day to read messages. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 1:57am
Sam Lloyd aka the lawyer out of Scrubs.

Strangely enough I was listening to a new Scrubs podcast yesterday and.they mentioned that he was the nephew of Christopher Lloyd, I was gonna post it in the things you learned today thread.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 8:40am
Scrubs was an example of dreadful American comedy. I would make a strong case for it being the worst one.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 8:09pm
Dave Greenfield. The virus got him. Cry
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:08pm
Great keyboard player in a great band, Golden Brown was his song
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:54am
Millie Small of My boy lollipop fame
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 4:48pm
Florian Schneider from kraftwerk
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Cry
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Cry
sh*te!! f**kin love there autobann album
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Cry
Unbelievable! I had only listened to their whole back catalogue again the other week and they broke so many boundaries. They are up there with the likes of The Beatles and Chuck Berry as the most influential acts of the past century.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:06pm

Cry
Unbelievable! I had only listened to their whole back catalogue again the other week and they broke so many boundaries. They are up there with the likes of The Beatles and Chuck Berry as the most influential acts of the past century.

It has everything!! Never really got round to listening to them to quite recently, it's great to find a gem like that at the age of 38.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:22pm

Cry

It has everything!! Never really got round to listening to them to quite recently, it's great to find a gem like that at the age of 38.

Phenomenal all right Neon lights is a personal favourite of mine my go to chill out song 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:57pm

Cry

The Guardian have been doing a great thing during lockdown where they try and introduce a well-known artist to people who may not be very familiar with their work. I tried to do it with Slayer the other day, f**k knows why because it's music for incels, probably because I have got into a bit if black metal, particularly symphonic,  but the first one they did  was Kraftwerk and might be worth reading and listening along to. I got into them late too, only a few years back when a mate insisted I listened to Trans-Europe Express and that's my personal favourite, particularly the title track, possibly because that was my first real taste outside the hits. I just thought they were a bunch of lunatics from Germany! Which they probably were, but they made some unbelievable music.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 12:17am

Cry

The Guardian have been doing a great thing during lockdown where they try and introduce a well-known artist to people who may not be very familiar with their work. I tried to do it with Slayer the other day, f**k knows why because it's music for incels, probably because I have got into a bit if black metal, particularly symphonic,  but the first one they did  was Kraftwerk and might be worth reading and listening along to. I got into them late too, only a few years back when a mate insisted I listened to Trans-Europe Express and that's my personal favourite, particularly the title track, possibly because that was my first real taste outside the hits. I just thought they were a bunch of lunatics from Germany! Which they probably were, but they made some unbelievable music.

Usually agree with your musical tastes but your dismissing of Slayer cannot be toleratedAngry
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 12:43am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Cry

Usually agree with your musical tastes but your dismissing of Slayer cannot be toleratedAngry

Nah I agree with him, mosh pits are only for people desperate for any kind of human contact LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 12:43am
Most metal just isn't for me. I don't think there is any emotion or intelligence to it, which just leaves it bland. A lot of the people who are into it are into it because it's loud and makes them think they are interesting and I would be sceptical! The early stuff had a purpose and a sound of where it came from, but I think that's been lost in metal with about thirty years.

I suppose I just don't get it and I always need to understand why I don't get something! It's too simple to say it's sh*te, but it seems like, and this is just based on the ten or so tracks I listened to the other day, that they never have to leave their comfort zone. There's an awful bang of fascism off them, and most metal bands, too. I reckon half their fan base are a mistake with the pizza order away from shooting up a school.

That's more than a little hypocritical given my admiration for symphonic black metal, given those ****s aren't even crypto, but there's a rawness and honesty I find to that. Stick it on your headphones and you genuinely feel disconnected from society. It is scarily powerful. 
Absolute shower of ****s though, even worse than Hetfield! The lad from Metallica, not the poster.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 4:22pm
Little Richard, rock star icon, has died at age of 87.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 4:33pm
Cry
Some week for music!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 218>
  Share Topic