You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Death Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 219>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Sandra Locke. She was Clint Eastwood's partner from 1975-1989, co-starring with him in The Outlaw Josey Wales.The Gauntlet,Every Which Way But Loose,Bronko Billy,Any Which Way You Can and Sudden Impact. They had a horrendous breakup,Eastwood locking her out of the house with no notice, moving her belongings into storage and conspiring with the studio to destroy her directorial career,she sued him and won.He really didn't come out of it very well at all.She died on November 3rd but it was only publicised last week.

I suppose it was considered a Locke out?

Clintwood seems to be a **** in general. Is he still alive? He must be due in here soon. He must be pushing 150.

LOL

Still alive,he'll be 89 in may.He also forced her to have two abortions as children wouldn't fit in with their lifestyle,while secretly fathering 2 children with another woman in the last three years of their relationship.Clint seems to be a piece of work.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 12:41am

Sandra Locke. She was Clint Eastwood's partner from 1975-1989, co-starring with him in The Outlaw Josey Wales.The Gauntlet,Every Which Way But Loose,Bronko Billy,Any Which Way You Can and Sudden Impact. They had a horrendous breakup,Eastwood locking her out of the house with no notice, moving her belongings into storage and conspiring with the studio to destroy her directorial career,she sued him and won.He really didn't come out of it very well at all.She died on November 3rd but it was only publicised last week.

I suppose it was considered a Locke out?

Clintwood seems to be a **** in general. Is he still alive? He must be due in here soon. He must be pushing 150.

LOL

Still alive,he'll be 89 in may.He also forced her to have two abortions as children wouldn't fit in with their lifestyle,while secretly fathering 2 children with another woman in the last three years of their relationship.Clint seems to be a piece of work.
Push the 'L' and 'I' closer together, which might be why he was always cast as such. 89? He was that when I was a young fella.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 8:08am

I thought it might have been a Christmas Day passing.
RIP Sondra Locke

www.ucdsupporters.ie
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:02pm
June Whitfield. She was 93. In a 70 year career she was in everything from the Carry On films, to Terry and June and Absolutely Fabulous. As a big fan of Hancock's Half Hour, I think she was the last surviving cast member.She outlived Tony Hancock by 50 years!

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:17pm
She was in loads of things, nearly everything from looking at her Wiki page, including a small role in Friends!

I think I remember best from my favourite unfunny Comedy, 'Last of the Summer Wine', 'Absolutely Fabulous' and from the underrated 'Common as Muck', although I haven't watched the latter in a while and I was young then! I remember it being full of warm humour and class solidarity. I really liked it. 
She had some career.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:52pm
David diddy Hamilton interviewed her two days ago on BBC Radio Sussex.Talking all about her life, not a bother on her.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 4:59pm
"Mean" Gene Okurlund  

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:49pm
Bob Einstein, the fella who played Marty Funkhauser in Curb Your Enthusiasm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:50am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Great character in curb RIP
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Also played Super Dave Osborne. Cry
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:56pm
Windsor Davies from it ain’t half hot mum.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:25am
Hugh McIlvanney

Undoubtedly one of if not the greatest ever sports journalists
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Hugh McIlvanney

No way.

Yes he was a legend.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:53am

Hugh McIlvanney

I think quite a few of us will own a copy of "Managing My Life" that he co-wrote with Alex Ferguson.

Although most of his writing was about football, boxing I believe was the sport he was most passionate about.

His brother William McIlvanney, who died in 2015, was regarded as being one of the greatest Scottish writers post-1950 - particularly for his novel "Docherty". It's an open secret that "Taggart" was a complete rip off on the part of STV of his bestselling crime novels "Laidlaw" and "The Papers of Tony Veitch".
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:08pm

Hugh McIlvanney

I would say the greatest. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:25pm
Front page of the Observer the day after Hillsborough. Great reporting by McIlvanney 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:25pm

Hugh McIlvanney

Ali was.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Hugh McIlvanney

Ali was.

Funnily enough, I was reading this earlier after hearing of his death. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 219>
  Share Topic