You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Death Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 219>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ex West Ham Boss and Newcastle player Glenn Roeder 

Jesus - what age ? 

65. Brain Tumour apparently 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ex West Ham Boss and Newcastle player Glenn Roeder 
A proper football man, always came across as a gentleman

Nigel Pearson has just put up a lovely tribute on Twitter
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:10pm
Surprised Mike Baldwin didn't get his own dedicated thread like Glenn Roeder.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Surprised Mike Baldwin didn't get his own dedicated thread like Glenn Roeder.

Mike never managed Newcastle 
Just a pants factory
Insert joke here 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:23pm
Slight connection in that Mike Baldwin used to follow Burnley in his Coronation Street days, and Glenn Roeder was assistant manager at Burnley for a time.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Slight connection in that Mike Baldwin used to follow Burnley in his Coronation Street days, and Glenn Roeder was assistant manager at Burnley for a time.
Many's the woman that Roeder fella wearing underwear made by Mike Baldwin
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:29am
Ian has passed away.

A fantastic player back in the day.

RIP
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:29am
Ian Saint John.  
AKA pedantic kunt
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
loved the saint & greavise every Saturday morning .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:40pm
A man from Liverpool, England was touring the USA on holiday and stopped in a remote bar in the hills of Nevada. He was chatting to the bartender when he spied an old Native American man sitting in the corner. He had tribal gear on, long white plaits, wrinkled face.
"Who's he?" asked the Liverpudlian.
"That's the Memory Man." said the bartender. "He knows everything, remembers everything. He can remember every face he's ever seen. He can remember any fact he hears or reads. Go and try him out."
So the Liverpudlian goes over, and thinking he won't know about English football, asks "Who won the 1965 FA Cup Final?".
"Liverpool" replies the Memory Man.
"Who did they beat?"
"Leeds" was the instant reply.
"And the score?"
"2-1."
"Who scored the winning goal?"
"Ian St. John" said the old man, without a hint of hesitation.
The Liverpudlian was knocked out by this and told everyone back home about the Memory Man when he got back.
Many years later he went back to the USA and tried to find the impressive Memory Man. Eventually he found the bar and sitting in the same seat was the old Native American, only this time he was older and even more wrinkled.
The Liverpudlian approached him with the greeting "How".
The Memory man looked up and said, "Diving header in the six yard box".
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:12pm
bunny wailer
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

bunny wailer

You mean Neville ORiley LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I am currently watching a Saint & Greasie from late in the 88/89 season and I refuse to accept that modern football is better. Millwall were being discussed as champions. Millwall.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:59am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I am currently watching a Saint & Greasie from late in the 88/89 season and I refuse to accept that modern football is better. Millwall were being discussed as champions. Millwall.
Millwall were pretty good in 88/89 but Norwich mounted a much more serious championship challenge that season, they kept it up into April before collapsing

88/89 was a season like no other in history, the most important, exciting, dramatic and tragic season any of us will ever live through

It was both the apex of old football and the beginning of the end of old football

Football would never be the same again
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Millwall were pretty good in 88/89 but Norwich mounted a much more serious championship challenge that season, they kept it up into April before collapsing

88/89 was a season like no other in history, the most important, exciting, dramatic and tragic season any of us will ever live through

It was both the apex of old football and the beginning of the end of old football

I know, but that variety has been lost by the franchising. Funnily enough,  I have just ordered a book about the 1959/60 season called 'The End of Innocence' which seems to have been a similar season, if a generation or two earlier. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:18am

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I know, but that variety has been lost by the franchising. Funnily enough,  I have just ordered a book about the 1959/60 season called 'The End of Innocence' which seems to have been a similar season, if a generation or two earlier. 
One of Greavsie's things was that he made club chairman into "characters"

"Deadly Doug", Ken Bates, Peter Swales, Ron Noades

Some of these figures were widely hated and were in their own way absolute spivs

But they seem quite benign in comparison to now

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:25am
There was someone on here, it may have been Territoral, but I may be doing him a disservice, who compared Martin Edwards to Abu Dhabi because he sold dodgy meat to schools. How I long for the days when football chairmen sold dodgy meat to schools!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:43am

There was someone on here, it may have been Territoral, but I may be doing him a disservice, who compared Martin Edwards to Abu Dhabi because he sold dodgy meat to schools. How I long for the days when football chairmen sold dodgy meat to schools!

Yup his family were involved in meat processing, not sure if still or not. Edwards went on to become chairman of United and a peeping Tom.

Edited by deco911 - 07 Mar 2021 at 11:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 219>
  Share Topic