You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Death Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 218>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Chadwick Boseman, Black Panther star, dies aged 43
https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0829/1161998-chadwick-boseman-black-panther-star-dies-aged-43/

That’s a surprise as he’s so young. To be making those massive Marvel movies and going through chemotherapy at the same time. 

Faaack very young to be getting bowel cancer and it’s one of the worst.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:39pm
I only just saw a few minutes ago that Primal Scream singer Denise Johnson died suddenly from an illness on July 27th

I was only listening to her voice on Don't Fight It, Feel It less than an hour ago

She was a completely amazing singer, cool as f**k and beautiful as well, she's my favourite female singer of all time I think, I am a bit heartbroken by this news, she had an album coming out later this month as well, a true goddess of music 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jul/27/denise-johnson-singer-with-primal-scream-dies-aged-56
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 6:38pm
Yeah, she was brilliant. Worked with many great bands- Pet Shop Boys, Electronic, New Order, A Certain Ratio.
She will always be best remembered for her input on Screamadelica though. Incredible voice.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yeah, she was brilliant. Worked with many great bands- Pet Shop Boys, Electronic, New Order, A Certain Ratio.
She will always be best remembered for her input on Screamadelica though. Incredible voice.
One of the great British singers, she massively elevated everything she sang on 

I was looking through her Twitter there and it's clear she was an equally wonderful person, really smart and totally sound, with a massive interest in the world around her, her political opinions were spot on, her only fault was that she supported Manchester City, which coming from Hulme I think I'll excuse

Her voice meant a lot to me, I'm a big Primal Scream fan

I can't believe she died nearly six weeks ago and I didn't find out until today, and the fact I was listening to songs on which she was singing just before I found out has freaked me out a bit

We've lost some really talented and great people in the performing arts at young ages recently, it's very sad

Edited by sid waddell - 05 Sep 2020 at 8:30pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 8:29pm
Edit malfunction

Edited by sid waddell - 05 Sep 2020 at 8:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 8:37pm
Bobby Gillespie loved her, and I trust his opinion on pretty much anything!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:38am
‘Tommy’ from Early Doors
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

‘Tommy’ from Early Doors
It's always hard when we lose our heroes.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:08pm

‘Tommy’ from Early Doors
It's always hard when we lose our heroes.

he was a bit too 'happy go lucky' for my liking
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:27pm

‘Tommy’ from Early Doors

Ron Atkinson will be devastated.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 9:37pm

‘Tommy’ from Early Doors

Aww shame. He played a good character in a very underrated show.

There's a great scene where Tommy is talking about his new job which he hates because of "the buggers I work with - they don't like me and I don't like them." then it's revealed a few minutes later that he's a lollipop man LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

‘Tommy’ from Early Doors

There's a great scene where Tommy is talking about his new job which he hates because of "the buggers I work with - they don't like me and I don't like them." then it's revealed a few minutes later that he's a lollipop man LOL

Can see why PM admired him LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Sep 2020 at 9:39pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 10:01pm

‘Tommy’ from Early Doors

Was an excellent show ET Clap
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 7:34am

‘Tommy’ from Early Doors

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 8:00am
One of the greatest moments in television history. Up there with the scene where he asked for some vinegar.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:27pm

One of the greatest moments in television history. Up there with the scene where he asked for some vinegar.

We should aspire to be like Tommy 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:43pm
that show even has an Aido character too but he looks like Greenforever. 

Edited by Baldrick - 09 Sep 2020 at 12:45pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 12:49pm
I liked the rogue policemen Phil and Nige ( ' Crime doesn't crack itself' ) but a brilliant cast throughout the show who somehow managed to play it deadpan. Marvellous stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 218>
  Share Topic