You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enda Stevens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:01am
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

No reason why he can't make an instant impact for Villa in the EPL  just like former LOI players like McClean and  Coleman. Stevens always looked a class act with Shams.

He hasnt made an instant impact. He's been there for several months and has seen very little in the way of competitive first team action.

Considering that this was during a very poor season for aston villa he has a lot of work to do. 

Looking a class act for Shamrock Rovers is one thing.This is another completely.

McClean didn't have an immediate impact either, wasn't given a chance until MON took over, and btw I thought he was quite average for Derry (he never struck me as one to get a move in the games I saw of him )

James McClean made the Sunderland first team within three months of signing. I think James McLean needs to do next season what he did last season to have "made it". Otherwise it will appear like a flash in the pan.

Enda Stevens has struggled to even make the bench at Villa in a longer period. He's been at the club for seven months and only made his first start last weekend in a pre season friendly game against lowerleague opposition
Took McClean around 5 months to get his first start other than that he was just making the bench and getting the very odd sub appearance. Stevens made the bench a few times and his contract with Villa only began in January meaning he was only there for 5 months of competitive games.

Anyway they have a friendly tonight against Philadelphia and he is on the bench. 
Sponsored Links

captainc View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captainc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 4:24am
Came on this evening on the hour mark, played left back, done ok, bit shaky at times. He can only improve although not sure if youll see him lining out regularly. He always could go on loan to a championship or L1 side to prove himself.

Clark was good tonight at centre-half, he'll give Dunne who came on as sub and Collins competition for a starting spot.

Ireland was taken off at half time, wasn't great.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:07pm
that their first or second game back? wouldn't read too much into it if so
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:08am
Wouldn't much in to any pre-season match. Macheda plays and scores every year for United pre-season and has hardly featured the past two seasons. Let's hope he can get plenty of game time to settle in to the squad but it'll be a few games in Aug/Sept before we'd learn anything as to whether he has the pace, concentration etc to make a career in the PL. 
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 7:42am
wish he and cunningham could somehow switch clubs! 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

No reason why he can't make an instant impact for Villa in the EPL  just like former LOI players like McClean and  Coleman. Stevens always looked a class act with Shams.

He hasnt made an instant impact. He's been there for several months and has seen very little in the way of competitive first team action.

Considering that this was during a very poor season for aston villa he has a lot of work to do. 

Looking a class act for Shamrock Rovers is one thing.This is another completely.

McClean didn't have an immediate impact either, wasn't given a chance until MON took over, and btw I thought he was quite average for Derry (he never struck me as one to get a move in the games I saw of him )

James McClean made the Sunderland first team within three months of signing. I think James McLean needs to do next season what he did last season to have "made it". Otherwise it will appear like a flash in the pan.

Enda Stevens has struggled to even make the bench at Villa in a longer period. He's been at the club for seven months and only made his first start last weekend in a pre season friendly game against lowerleague opposition
Took McClean around 5 months to get his first start other than that he was just making the bench and getting the very odd sub appearance. Stevens made the bench a few times and his contract with Villa only began in January meaning he was only there for 5 months of competitive games.

Anyway they have a friendly tonight against Philadelphia and he is on the bench. 

Are people forgetting Villa were fighting for their lives last season? McLeish was hardly going to throw in a youngster from the LOI into the depths of the bottom end of the EPL table when every game was do or die!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:23am
Villa are trying to sign a young left back off Ipswich - Aaron Creswell. Wouldn't be good for Stevens if that happened

Edit: Wrong first name

Edited by SteviesGranny - 25 Jul 2012 at 10:24am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:52pm
Every manager wants a big squad, if Enda's good enough (and I think he is) he'll get his chance, will be up to him to show Lambert he can cut it.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Villa are trying to sign a young left back off Ipswich - Aaron Creswell. Wouldn't be good for Stevens if that happened

Atleast it's not a big name left back coming in with international pedigree , Cresswell is joining from Ipswich with alot to prove like Enda at EPL level. Ah sure look we all know if Enda is good enough he'll make it Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Atleast it's not a big name left back coming in with international pedigree , Cresswell is joining from Ipswich with alot to prove like Enda at EPL level. Ah sure look we all know if Enda is good enough he'll make it Thumbs Up
Enda story
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 3:42pm
Is he getting any game time in the reserves even?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:30pm
Makes his long awaited debut for Villa tonight.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:41pm
Best of luck Enda.

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:43pm
Hope he does well.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:59pm
Derrick Williams and Graham Burke on the bench as well, alongside Shay Given
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:24pm
An assist for Enda

Gem View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:26pm
This his first competitive?

Edited by Gem - 28 Aug 2012 at 8:26pm
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Gem Gem wrote:

This his first competitive?

Correct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
  Share Topic