You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enda Stevens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:44pm
Sponsored Links

The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Getting shirty: Promising Irish full-back Enda Stevens has joined Aston Villa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082035/Enda-Stevens-eyes-Stephen-Warnock-help-Aston-Villa.html

they could have at least taken the tag off the jersey LOL
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:04pm
Given that it's the Mail, I'm shocked that article didn't finish with the line "Bloody foreigners, coming over here, taking our jobs"!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Best of luck to Stevens. 

When he initially signed for villa, he said that he was nowhere near the physical ability and fitness of the other villa players and the villa management were concerned as to whether or not he would be able to make the grade.

However, Enda then got Dubs footballer philly mcmahon to be his personal trainer, and mcmahon runs his own physical and fitness regime. Enda spent months at that, and was over at villa before christmas for an assessment and the staff couldn't believe how fit he had become. 

Enda said last week that he couldn't wait to apply this fitness and ability in the premier league, so best of luck to him. I reckon he might surprise us all. 

Philly is a class trainer and a sound bloke...

Paul Bealin my gaelic manager gets Philly down a good bit to assess our fitness and to give out programme's never any complaints from our lads , he's a top trainer no wonder Enda is feeling the benefits Clap

Hope Enda takes his chance and makes it over at Villa!!

Edited by Green Devil - 04 Jan 2012 at 7:14pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:24am
That whole image looks a little photoshopped! :D 

Best of luck to Enda. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:50pm
Played his first game for the reserves last night.Played well too.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:15pm
I think Steven's will break into the Villa team by next year. 

He looks a great prospect. Thumbs Up
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:24pm
Will Villa loan him out for the rest of the season or will he play reserve's , what do you think lads??
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:36pm
Hope he makes it over there. Villa seem happy with his acquisition.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Will Villa loan him out for the rest of the season or will he play reserve's , what do you think lads??
Doubt they'll loan him out for the remainder of this season. They will want to have a good look at him first hand and get him accustomed to the place. Maybe if he is still not up to the level at the start of next season then he might go out on loan.

Warnock has been shocking the past 2 seasons so there is a chance for him you would think.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Played his first game for the reserves last night.Played well too.
involved in the goal
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Villa have Hutton and Warnock at left full, both have been repeatedly found out this season. I can definitely see him getting into the first team before the end of the month, never mind the end of the season
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:04pm
It would be great if he managed to get a few EPL games under his belt from now until the end of the season , he could become another genuine option for Trap after the Euro's if he takes his chance at Aston Villa!

Your right lads Hutton is a bomb scare and Warnock has gone back a fair bit , money's tight at Villa Park so maybe he will get his chance! Hope so Thumbs Up

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:45pm
Enda has a serious chance to have a great career .
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Enda has a serious chance to have a great career .

yeah has a good future ahead of him, still has a lot to learn though
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:25pm
Ah yeah, absolutely the lad has a good bit to learn but he will, he's only a pup.  
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
HHaller View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HHaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:40am
With the poor quality of left backs at Villa he's got to have a great chance of game time before the end of the season.  Warnock and Hutton are not up to much.  Great to see Premiership clubs scouting LOI.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:45pm
Hutton is sh*te and a dirty knacker.  Dunno how he's a pro footballer at all. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic