You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enda Stevens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enda Stevens
    Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:34am
Deal done: Aston Villa sign left-back Enda Stevens from Shamrock Rovers. The 21-year-old agreed the deal to move from the Dublin side last summer, and now makes the move following end of the Irish season and Rovers' involvement in Europe.

Best of look to the kid.Here hoping he makes it.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:36am
Best of luck to the lad Thumbs Up

Dunne , Clark and Given all there not to mention a few Irish youngsters aswell , it'll do him the world of good having some Irish players around...
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:58am
Fair play to the lad, hopefully he makes the grade. McLeish gave Fahey the chance and he grabbed it with both hands so hopefully young Stevens can do the same when called upon. Always puts a smile on my face seeing these lads make the step up from LOI .
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:05am
After Warnock's display yesterday he may get his chance sooner rather than later.
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:13am
god warnock was terrible, what was he playing at for that first goal???
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:32am
Best of luck to Stevens. 

When he initially signed for villa, he said that he was nowhere near the physical ability and fitness of the other villa players and the villa management were concerned as to whether or not he would be able to make the grade.

However, Enda then got Dubs footballer philly mcmahon to be his personal trainer, and mcmahon runs his own physical and fitness regime. Enda spent months at that, and was over at villa before christmas for an assessment and the staff couldn't believe how fit he had become. 

Enda said last week that he couldn't wait to apply this fitness and ability in the premier league, so best of luck to him. I reckon he might surprise us all. 

Edited by davekoolhill - 03 Jan 2012 at 9:33am
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 10:35am
Great news
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 10:59am
Thats good to hear, Warnock is a little overated, maybe Stevens can get a look in
Say nothing till you hear more
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 11:21am
I read somewhere that he has been over and back of late and that Richard Dunne had taken him around, and helped him get sorted.. That can be only be good in settling the player. With a little luck he could really turn out to be a great player for club and country 
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:09pm
anytime i seen this lad for rovers he hasn't been great at all and doesn't look near good enough to be a PL player. I have seen him maybe 8/9 times. hope i'm wrong though
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:19pm
was very impressive in the early part of the season and in there early Euro games
seemed to fall below par after that
will be surprised if he was to start any PL games this season bar injuries
yes Warnock had a shocker the other night but he wont be dropped for that alone
Clark will fill in there if Warnock is left out IMO
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:54pm
Citz, you sure you were watching Stevens?   Was superb early season, lost a bit of confidence around May/June but rediscovered his from from the Champo League games onwards where he was absolutely magnificent.  The tragic death of his sister in around September was a massive blow to him obviously.  I tell yiz now, he'll be playing for Ireland sooner rather than later, I've huge hopes for him, he is class.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:54pm
best of luck enda, think he will take his chance there
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:17pm
He has to take a lot promise out of the start that McClean has made at Sunderland.
Say nothing till you hear more
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:18pm
Smashing player who showed great potential when at Pats 3 yrs ago. Probably a better midfielder than defender but seems to be comfortable at the back. Having said that was targeted and skinned away to Steaua  but had a great game away to Valletta

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:57pm

He done very well in the LOI but was never an outstanding player for me. I have seen him play twice for Ireland u23s and didnt stand out at all. I think the potential is there, how much is the big question. Best of luck to him. Thumbs Up

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Citz, you sure you were watching Stevens?   Was superb early season, lost a bit of confidence around May/June but rediscovered his from from the Champo League games onwards where he was absolutely magnificent.  The tragic death of his sister in around September was a massive blow to him obviously.  I tell yiz now, he'll be playing for Ireland sooner rather than later, I've huge hopes for him, he is class.
yeah seen him in a few of the euro games and a couple of the  Rovers LOI games that were on the box.In the euro games he got skinned a few times and seemed to be caught out of position. One of these games was Spurs at home, Giovani took him to the cleaners two or 3 times. Seen him against Paok away also, not great either. Spurs away i think he was partly responsible for two of the goals, Defoe beat him in the air to score and he was ball-watching for the 3rd to allow Giovani in at the back post to score. Saying that, to be fair i have not seen enough of him. and didn't know his sister died so should cut him some slack.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:27pm
He's a great crosser of the ball. Hope he gets a chance to prove himself at Premiership level. Good luck to the lad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic