You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish on the move in January ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Irish on the move in January ???
    Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 4:53pm
With the Euro's now just a few months away, a number of Irish players may be on the move looking for first team football to ensure they get on the plane for Poland.

Simon Cox is being linked with a number of Championship clubs. Cox know that he needs to first team football to be certain of a place in the squad. Portsmouth are tought to be interested in the striker

Keith Andrews has been on fire for Ipswich during his loan spell. Ipswich are looking to make the loan move permainent, Norwich and Swansea are also interested in the midfielder.  

Sean St Ledger move to Leicester hasn't been ideal for him. He has been in and out of the Leicester side and may look for a loan move in Jan to cement his place in the squad. I do believe that St Ledger is a cert for the trip to Poland.
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

gusford View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 4:56pm
have to say i reckon all three of those mentioned players are certs for the championships aslong as they don't pick up any knocks.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:52pm
Gibson is one who would want to move for his own sake
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 6:51pm
yeah id like to see gibson getting games, at a lower prem club or even championship..
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:16pm
Gibson has got to leave united once and for all, even if its just a loan he needs to be playing. i've said i think celtic could work well for him, but i'd prefer if he was in the premier league
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 1:37am
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Gibson is one who would want to move for his own sake
+1
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 2:01am
Gibson is a goat, don't want him anywhere near Celtic.
Twitter: @ghosty1879
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 3:02am
Gibson is a potentially decent player - don't want him anywhere near that poxy scottish league.
@AntrimMan85
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 3:12am
Celtic dont need Gibson, have enough decent midfielders
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 3:29am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Gibson is a potentially decent player - don't want him anywhere near that poxy scottish league.
Yeah and playing reserve team football is doing him the world of good. No matter, we don't want nor indeed need him. Far better players in our midfield with Wanyama/Kayal/Ledley who would keep him out.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 3:45am
Originally posted by cabbageandbacon cabbageandbacon wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Yeah and playing reserve team football is doing him the world of good. No matter, we don't want nor indeed need him. Far better players in our midfield with Wanyama/Kayal/Ledley who would keep him out.

No, it isn't, thats well documented. However, a run with a lower prem or championship side would.
@AntrimMan85
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:25am
I agree with that. In my opinion, the likes of Wolves, Wigan, Swansea, QPR would suit him perfectly. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move even on loan come January, can only be good for Ireland in the long run.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:48am

Cox: He's a cert anyway since he is Robbie's back up. But would be good for him to get more games.

Andrews: Dead cert. He is actually in a good position. If I was him I would remain at Ipswich then see what offers he gets after the Euro's.

St. Ledger: Dead cert as well for the squad but he needs to be playing to be sure to get in the starting XI. At the moment he is beginning to slide. Would nearly have O'Dea in ahead of him.

Gibson: This man defo needs to move. He is at big risk of not getting into the squad. If he does well at a club for 5 months then he would have a chance of getting into the team
MaxWell View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxWell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:55am
Gibson limped off in a reserves team game the other day after being made captain.. If he was fit now, hed be on the bench at least for utd. they have fck all CM.. because of this, sadly I think he'll stay and try get back to fitness before the others 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:03am
Gibson and Cox are really the only 2 that need to move.
St Ledger is a regular starter since Ericsson left Leicester.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:07am
Gibson was absolutely jumping into the tackles against liverpool reserves- went off at half time with a knock it looked like he picked up from a tackle

If he could continue a bit more in that kind of aggresive frame of mind it would do him good- doesnt apply himself aggresively enough imo
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Gibson was absolutely jumping into the tackles against liverpool reserves- went off at half time with a knock it looked like he picked up from a tackle

If he could continue a bit more in that kind of aggresive frame of mind it would do him good- doesnt apply himself aggresively enough imo

It's his big fault. He's big enough and old enough now to apply himself more. He often lets games pass him by but he is really useful when he gets on the ball. Playing more often should improve this. Should look at James McCarthy. He is looking really good as of late since he is not letting games pass him by any longer
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 11:08am
1. St Ledger is getting a game, so I'd not worry over him.
2. Cox needs game time, I think he could be great in the championship and he's young enough to get a move back up if he can impress.
3. Andrews is playing well for Ipswich, but the way he plays for Ipswich is not how he'll be asked to play for Ireland. 
4. Gibson needs to move now, or he hasn't a snowballs chance of getting to the Euros imo.
5. I'd love to see Clark get a loan to finally give him a few games at CB.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic