Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 230>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The early pages and posts on this thread are hilarious.  

Trapped the only one getting it spot on.  
Who's Trapped? 

A poster on ybig which is a forum for Irish football fans. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 10:55am

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

The early pages and posts on this thread are hilarious.  

Trapped the only one getting it spot on.  
Who's Trapped? 

A poster on ybig which is a forum for Irish football fans. 
The one currently mopping the floor with you?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 11:19am
What?  Check the thread out and trapped is a poster who has been on here for years.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 8:30pm
Really struggling here against Spurs in the first half hour
Not helped by being in a defence that’s all over the place 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 9:16pm
Awful for the 5th. Gives ball away and then fails to get back to cover Kane. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 9:24am
Everton's defence is such a shambles - mad to think they held City for as long as they did the other week. Coleman, Keane and Pickford all look like their confidence is completely shot. Kenny and Holgate just not PL standard. They're in real trouble by the looks of it.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 11:13am
Great servant but time waits for no man. 

I still think he is easily first choice for us. He has been excellent this year when wearing green. That said we need to start prepping for the future, but the future certainly looks bright!
It's not me it's you:-)
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 11:15am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I still think he is easily first choice for us. He has been excellent this year when wearing green. That said we need to start prepping for the future, but the future certainly looks bright!
Sure, haven't we got that young pup, Doherty, coming of age at Spurs. Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 12:11pm

First choice over Doherty? Not a chance.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Maybe. But don't forget its only last couple of weeks Doherty started going well again. Maybe both play. It depends really, at 33 his level could start dropping quickly or maybe he'll stay going well. You never know at that age. He certainly is not what he was.

As I said above the future does look bright with some of the rapid full backs coming through Fest, Tayo, etc. Hopefully they will fulfil their promise.
It's not me it's you:-)
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 12:24pm

Depends on the system but I think he'd start either way. If you're playing a flat back four you'd probably still have him ahead of Doherty, and then in a 3-5-2 type formation he'd likely start as the RCB. As stated above despite his issues at club level he's still looked solid anytime he's played for us.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 12:27pm

Maybe. But don't forget its only last couple of weeks Doherty started going well again. Maybe both play. It depends really, at 33 his level could start dropping quickly or maybe he'll stay going well. You never know at that age. He certainly is not what he was.

As I said above the future does look bright with some of the rapid full backs coming through Fest, Tayo, etc. Hopefully they will fulfil their promise.

Doherty has been better than Coleman for us since Kenny has come in!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Everton's defence is such a shambles - mad to think they held City for as long as they did the other week. Coleman, Keane and Pickford all look like their confidence is completely shot. Kenny and Holgate just not PL standard. They're in real trouble by the looks of it.

This, 100%.

I was shocked by just how bad their defenders (and Pickford) were, both individually and collectively.

Funny thing is, Everton did appear to have a plan for Spurs and did appear to be trying to apply it, during the first half, at least (closing down their opposite number, doubling up on Kane etc).

But try as they might, they couldn't make any impact, since they simply weren't good enough. In fact on that evidence, there's not a single Everton player* who'd get into a combined Spurs/EFC XI.

As for Seamus, a great servant for Everton down the years, but "his race is run".

* - I've always thought Richarlison was a good player, but he was so uninterested last night, I'm surprised some of his teammates didn't punch him. Absolutely stealing a wage.

Edited by Territorial - 08 Mar 2022 at 4:14pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 11:32pm
Pure passion out of Coleman at the final whistle tonight. He really is a club legend for Everton. Was delighted for him to get those massive 3 points. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:03am
Brilliant tackle on Saint-Maximin which led to the goal. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:44am
Kenny name checked him on the Late Late earlier. He’s going nowhere. Hopefully he can turn the recent form around starting earlier vs New Arabia 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:28am
really happy for him, as mentioned you could see what it meant to him. would love if they can somehow win FA cup, all he needs is a trophy to cap off a brilliant decade plus at everton
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Kenny name checked him on the Late Late earlier. He’s going nowhere. Hopefully he can turn the recent form around starting earlier vs New Arabia 

A Nation our size with lack of depth and quality can never afford to leave out a player of Colemans quality and experience regardless of his current form and despite getting on in age. Hes still the captain and brings so much to the table in off the field duties and can still play a part on the field if and when needed.

He'll carry on until Euro 2024 if we make it no bother. We'll probably see him go the way of Robbie Keane over the Euro 2016 qualifiers and into the finals where his playing time was slowly reduced to nothing but still had a role to play.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 230>
  Share Topic