You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 230>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:52pm
Yeah he was OK before. Can defo tell he is getting a bit on though. One more campaign for us you would imagine
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:58pm
1 campaign max. Doherty not getting any younger either and after that Cyrus Christie (my goodness). Would be wise to bring in Ebosele or Kioso into the squad with a view to playing a friendly at wing back in the next year or two. Both look like they could excel at it. 

I love Coleman been a great servant to us and would like to see him try management too at some stage.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 12:09am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

1 campaign max. Doherty not getting any younger either and after that Cyrus Christie (my goodness). Would be wise to bring in Ebosele or Kioso into the squad with a view to playing a friendly at wing back in the next year or two. Both look like they could excel at it. 

I love Coleman been a great servant to us and would like to see him try management too at some stage.

Ogbene can play there too, could stick him at RWB and then play Knight in his current position behind the striker.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Ogbene can play there too, could stick him at RWB and then play Knight in his current position behind the striker.

Have seen a few flag Ogbene for this position. Kenny may well think the same just to me he's been such a revelation in the role he's playing in for us I would be happy to leave Ogbene there. Ebosele and Kioso have I'd argue more potential in the RWB role the former looks designed for it and the latter too if he declares for us over the Congo. 

He's played RWB for Rotherham and he's got his reputation for his ability in the role for Ireland not for Rotherham as a wing back. Think the role for Ireland suits him way better.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 1:38am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yep. I didn't celebrate that one so much. Bad touch on the halfway line, most of the time you would be OK. But the Liverpool front 3 and you can get in trouble very quickly. 

I thought he was pretty good before that tbh. 

So did I. Most times you'd get away with that error without the striker scoring but not the form Salah is in
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 5:31pm
Poor enough clearance in the lead up to Palace's goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Poor enough clearance in the lead up to Palace's goal.
Yes but Everton still had chances to clear it after that. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 6:02pm
Played a nice ball into Rondon in the lead up to their goal.

Most of Palace's best moves have come down Everton's left side. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 6:23pm
At fault for the third
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 6:24pm
Ye not a great night for him in terms of mistakes. Hadn't played too badly but that's 2 bad mistakes from someone of his experience.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

At fault for the third
Well and truly - no need to rush that free like he did, should have stopped and made sure the referee gave him the 10 yards. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 6:55pm
Unfortunately age seems to be catching up with Seamus. Hasn't looked the same player since his injury think it's a position we need to address in the March friendlies. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 7:01pm
A couple of high profile mistakes in a row now.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 10:55pm
Horrible **** that Zaha 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Unfortunately age seems to be catching up with Seamus. Hasn't looked the same player since his injury think it's a position we need to address in the March friendlies. 

This was said this time last year then he went onto have a great second half of the season.

Just having a poor patch with a club thats playing poorly at the moment.

But I do agree that its time to start exploring other options. Wasnt a fan of shoehorning into RCB last few games either just because hes our captain. I mean he played find but we've a wealth of CB options.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 11:40pm
He's also Everton's captain and a regular first team PL pick, which makes him something of a rarity in the Ireland team right now. Even Duffy has been dropped recently.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 6:56pm
Dropped for Holgate tonight.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Dropped for Holgate tonight.

I think Coleman is out injured. 

Edited by darman28 - 16 Dec 2021 at 7:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 230>
  Share Topic