You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 230>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:14pm
I've been critical of Coleman over the last year but it's really good to see him play to the high standards he set before his leg break.

Sponsored Links

ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:16pm
Brilliant tonight. Great news for our Senior team. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Great stuff Clap

Would like if Kenny gave it a go with him and Doherty in the same starting 11. Coleman would have to play as a right centre back I'd imagine. 
Yeah I agree it would be worth a try. Even Doherty right midfield and Coleman right back. 45 minutes in a windy Gibraltar where the ball barely touched the wings is hardly enough to rule it out that it wouldn’t work.

Only thing is I don't think we're going to have a 4-4-2 or diamond shape under Kenny where Doherty would effectively operate as a traditional right midfielder/winger.  Doherty would need to be accommodated to play in his normal wing back role on the right with Coleman moving in beside Egan and Duffy in the centre back positions. 

Doherty is more of a threat in attacking areas than Coleman and takes up clever positions in dangerous areas. He's also an aerial threat so he gives us more in that sense. 

Edited by irishmufc - 21 Jun 2020 at 9:27pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:47pm
He played well

Late on he also did a GAA style pick up when giving out to the ref about a free kick against him
joe.ie, balls.ie, the two johnnys and Rory’s stories are sure to be all over that tomorrow 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:49pm
One game lads, one game.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

One game lads, one game.

Yes, but it was the manner of the performance that was so impressive. It wasn't just a "good performance" it was a classy performance. His positioning, his marking, the way he timed his tackles, it was all top notch. Doherty might be the more potent attacking threat these days, but he doesn't have a patch on Coleman defensively. We need to find a way to get both of them into the team.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

One game lads, one game.

Yes, but it was the manner of the performance that was so impressive. It wasn't just a "good performance" it was a classy performance. His positioning, his marking, the way he timed his tackles, it was all top notch. Doherty might be the more potent attacking threat these days, but he doesn't have a patch on Coleman defensively. We need to find a way to get both of them into the team.

As I’ve been saying for some time
Coleman on the right side of three centre halves with Duffy and Egan alongside 
Young Doherty and Stevens as wingbacks where they are playing and playing well for their clubs 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Jun 2020 at 10:08pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 10:52pm

One game lads, one game.

Not discrediting your post but I remember lads on here saying the same about Coleman in his early Everton years. “Can’t defend” “must play on the wing” etc. 

Fair play to him for knuckling down and refining his defensive side to his game.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 1:54am
Not even reading the previous comments. Seriously is anyone saying Seamus has been a great player for us ?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 2:21pm

One game lads, one game.

Not discrediting your post but I remember lads on here saying the same about Coleman in his early Everton years. “Can’t defend” “must play on the wing” etc. 

Fair play to him for knuckling down and refining his defensive side to his game.

He was fairly raw alright when he first came to Everton. Used to commit a fair few pulling and dragging type of fouls and was a bit rash at times but that's been ironed out of his game.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

One game lads, one game.

Young Doherty and Stevens as wingbacks where they are playing and playing well for their clubs 

Would you stop. Coleman could never play in a back 3, no chance of that happening. There’s a world of difference between playing centre half and right back & the team would be incredibly unbalanced because Coleman wouldn’t have the patience or the concentration to play there for 90 minutes. He’s an out and out right back and a very good one at that. Let’s just leave it there. 

Edited by bundy - 22 Jun 2020 at 3:19pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 3:21pm
Kenny has already spoken about Doherty’s flexibility as a left back or in midfield. It’s likely he’ll keep Coleman where he is for now

Edited by DeclanDaly - 22 Jun 2020 at 3:21pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 4:10pm
I watched the game yesterday. I can’t remember Coleman particularly standing out. I saw he got MOTM. Maybe that’s more an indication of how sh*te a game it was. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

One game lads, one game.

Would you stop. Coleman could never play in a back 3, no chance of that happening. There’s a world of difference between playing centre half and right back & the team would be incredibly unbalanced because Coleman wouldn’t have the patience or the concentration to play there for 90 minutes. He’s an out and out right back and a very good one at that. Let’s just leave it there. 

I disagree, he's a solid defender and could adapt to playing 10-20 yards inside. Its not as if he's bombing up and down the wing for us anymore. Leave that to Doherty and he can sit and defend
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:03pm
He’s chase back and tackle on Mane was easily the best I’ve seen in a long while and he was easily the best player on the Park. Rather than knocking him people should be delighted to see him back playing well.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I watched the game yesterday. I can’t remember Coleman particularly standing out. I saw he got MOTM. Maybe that’s more an indication of how sh*te a game it was. 

I was thinking the exact same.
Wasn’t a great game and Everton had a lot of defending to do but as a unit they defended well but Liverpool forwards were rusty.
If Allison had of got MoTm I don’t think anybody would be jumping up to disagree.

Good to see Coleman playing well but I wouldn’t be saying he was the best player on the pitch. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

He’s chase back and tackle on Mane was easily the best I’ve seen in a long while and he was easily the best player on the Park. Rather than knocking him people should be delighted to see him back playing well.
If that’s aimed at me and I think it is, I’m not knocking him. I just don’t remember him doing anything that stood out.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You've no appreciation of defensive brilliance so. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've seen Mane so utterly dominated. He was top notch, and most surprisingly he actually looked have to have a lot of his pace back, having often looked a little sluggish since his injury.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 230>
  Share Topic