You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 230>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 4:27pm
Anyone know the extent of Colemans injury? I know we have Doherty to fill in but it's always good to have all our best players available for the playoffs 

Selection headaches are ones that managers prefer 
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 5:29pm
Quad injury - out for four to six weeks. McCarthy's already all but ruled him out.
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 9:48pm
Blessing in disguise
Jebediah Springfield View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 11:25pm
Cannot understand people being happy with his injury, whether you think he should start or not. You want options. What happens if Doherty gets injured? Complete madness. 
Suffering weather-wise
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Jebediah Springfield Jebediah Springfield wrote:

Cannot understand people being happy with his injury, whether you think he should start or not. You want options. What happens if Doherty gets injured? Complete madness. 

Unfortunately a lot of people myself included don’t trust Mick to pick Doherty. Seamus was a great servant but never a great player for Ireland . His omission gives us more of a chance 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by Jebediah Springfield Jebediah Springfield wrote:

Unfortunately a lot of people myself included don’t trust Mick to pick Doherty. Seamus was a great servant but never a great player for Ireland . His omission gives us more of a chance 

What an absolute disgraceful statement typical of some utter clowns on here.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:39am
Why wouldn’t he be a supporter? What he said may be wrong or stupid or disappointing, or whatever you are having yourself, but this attitude of ‘I am considerably superior as a supporter to you’ can get in the sea.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why wouldn’t he be a supporter? What he said may be wrong or stupid or disappointing, or whatever you are having yourself, but this attitude of ‘I am considerably superior as a supporter to you’ can get in the sea.

You forgot to add ". . . but I'd fight to the death for his right to say it". 
No, as that would be f**king stupid.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:22am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Quad injury - out for four to six weeks. McCarthy's already all but ruled him out.

What was he doing on a fooking quad?  He should know better.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:31am

You forgot to add ". . . but I'd fight to the death for his right to say it". 
No, as that would be f**king stupid.
Consistent with my posts.
Fixed.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by footballman footballman wrote:

Blessing in disguise
We don’t use wing backs? Doherty isn’t as good at defending as Coleman. I have nightmares of that Braitwaite goal.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

What was he doing on a fooking quad?  He should know better.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Originally posted by footballman footballman wrote:

Blessing in disguise
We don’t use wing backs? Doherty isn’t as good at defending as Coleman. I have nightmares of that Braitwaite goal.
Spot on. The majority of people don’t understand that. Doherty was bang average until he was playing in the wing back position with Wolves. But who cares sure Doherty can be the next Hoolahan who every debate around a starting 11 had to be about. Ideally we would have started a back 3 of Egan-Duffy-Coleman with Stevens and Doherty as wingbacks. Stevens isn’t the same player playing in a flat back four either.

Edited by Donegalman - 09 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 2:22pm
Let's not pretend that Colemans defending has been anything better than average of late. 

As a result he's not guaranteed a place in the everton team.

Sadly since his leg break, he hasnt been as effective as he previously was and playing against Switzerland kinda showed that 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:03pm
Pretty pathetic seeing people on social media saying how it is a good thing he is injured or it is a blessing in disguise, cause we have a decent player in that position anyway. Whatever you feel about Seamus Coleman and his form of late, Ireland needs its best players in the squad, we have zero luxury to bring in other players. He is still one of our better players and not having him involved is a major loss off the pitch as well as on it. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 11 Mar 2020 at 2:04pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Pretty pathetic seeing people on social media saying how it is a good thing he is injured or it is a blessing in disguise, cause we have a decent player in that position anyway. Whatever you feel about Seamus Coleman and his form of late, Ireland needs its best players in the squad, we have zero luxury to bring in other players. He is still one of our better players and not having him involved is a major loss off the pitch as well as on it.

Absolutely. Nonsense for any fans to be pleased with his injury.
Jebediah Springfield View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:25pm
Unfortunately, just like anywhere else, we have a lot of nonsense fans.
Suffering weather-wise
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 3:12pm
His legs are gone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 230>
  Share Topic