Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 230>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 7:50am
Coleman at right centre back in a 3 is something I said should be tried for us ages ago on here, with Doherty and Stevens then as wing backs 
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Coleman at right centre back in a 3 is something I said should be tried for us ages ago on here, with Doherty and Stevens then as wing backs 

As one of our relatively top players this decade I’ve often been surprised how myopic people can be about Coleman with the belief that he can only play as a traditional RB or nothing. Although his progression hasn’t been as extensive as it appeared it could be, Alaba is a backline player who Austria once used effectively in midfield. I’d be favourable to tucking Coleman inside alongside Egan and Duffy, playing Doherty and Stevens as Wing Backs. Our defence is where we are strongest.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 11:23am
I think it’s an oversimplification to say that Coleman was playing as a right centre back. I could be wrong, but it looked more like he was tucking in in the offensive phase and building from the back rather than bombing on

Edited by DeclanDaly - 27 Dec 2019 at 11:24am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 11:24am
The benefit of coleman in a back three would be the we would have a player who can carry the ball forward from defence.

Egan is a very good defender, can pass from the back and can carry the ball well.

Duffy is a very good defender, incredible in the air but can struggle with the ball at his feet.

Coleman could be good at linking defence to midfield.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 4:10pm
He’s playing poorly in his natural position and people think he can move to centre half and do well. Seamus  should be back up to Matt doherty at best!
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 4:54pm
Would like to see Coleman tried as a defensive mid sitting in front of our back four. Especially with Whelan finishing up. Good defensively and comfortable on the ball taking it out of defense
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:00pm
Matt Doherty if anyone remembers played 4 of his u21 games centre mid, got 2 goals, if a midfield 3 I'd put him there if McCarthy insists on Coleman RB, Doherty re or rcm 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Matt Doherty if anyone remembers played 4 of his u21 games centre mid, got 2 goals, if a midfield 3 I'd put him there if McCarthy insists on Coleman RB, Doherty re or rcm 

Young Doherty still qualifies for the 21s
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:58pm
Good analysis of Ancelotti’s approach v Burnley

Amazing that he got this team to excel in an entirely new system within a week, and O’Neill and Trap would regularly complain that a week at a time (even over 5 years) was not enough to improve our team or players.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

The Christie
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 2:23pm
Dropped to the bench. Sidibe back to right back with Walcott on the wing. However, Digne, Delph, Mina are all rested too so it is just Ancelotti seeing what players he has.

Edited by grannyrule - 28 Dec 2019 at 2:25pm
The only way is up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:58pm
Very impressed with Coleman so far. Great to see him playing a bit like his old self. Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:05pm
Would like to see him play this position along with Duffy and Egan at the back 3 with Doherty and Stephens as wing backs. 

Midfield 3 of Hourihane and.Molumby and Browne or Hendrick or mccarthy 

Up top mcGoldrick and Connolly or Robinson. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:47pm
Poor positioning for city second goal 
AKA pedantic kunt
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Would like to see him play this position along with Duffy and Egan at the back 3 with Doherty and Stephens as wing backs. 

Midfield 3 of Hourihane and.Molumby and Browne or Hendrick or mccarthy 

Up top mcGoldrick and Connolly or Robinson. 

I'd play Clark left side of back 3 for more balanced side
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 7:23pm
Subbed off, not looking good for him 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 7:31pm
Barring injury being the reason for his substitution, being taken off and his position being taken by Sidibe in the change to a 4-4-2 isnt a good sign for him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 7:38pm
I thought he did pretty well in a new position before being subbed to change things up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 230>
  Share Topic