You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 230>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:01pm
Coleman and Doherty down the same flank could be decent in trying to stop the likes of Shaqiri and Poulsen from bombarding us down the wings in the big games.

Playing both seems to make sense both defensively and in an attacking sense but it's a risk that Mick probably won't take.

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Having a solid game. Making some great runs around the Arsenal box but his end product hasn't found a target more often than not. It's amazing how many of his attempted crosses result in corners or throw-ins, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a side with an aerial threat like Everton. It more just highlights how often he fails to beat the first man.

I would doubt there is any player that has more than 50% rate of reaching their target on crosses. 

If Coleman had a 15-20% rate I'd be shocked.

In terms of the RB position, I'd still have him ahead of Doherty based on his defensive ability. For all those saying his legs have gone, he showed today that they certainly haven't, in both defensive and offensive situations.

You could be right but without knowing
What the stats are. 20% actually might make
Him the best in the PL. do you know what the stats are.  Most crosses are blocked as far as I can see.  It’s why games are not high scoring games.  If you could get 1 in five crosses to reach their target in the box. You would take that all day long as most strikers would then score from that position. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 6:17pm
Can't find specific stats for crosses. He has 2 assists in the league in 25 games, compared to other defenders, omitting players in other positions who may cross multiple times in a game;

Robertson - 9, 
Alexander-Arnold -7, 
Cholevas - 6, 
Bellerin, Kolasinac - 5, 
Azpilicueta - 4, Digne - 4, Alonso - 4, Young Doherty - 4, Ritchie - 4, 
Chilwell, Rose, Trippier, Shaw, Monreal - 3

Now, I've no idea how many of these assists were from crosses as we may traditionally think of them, but even if we take into account the runs Coleman tends to make in behind defenders and pulling the ball back from the end-line, it's hard to dispute that his end product from these situations is poor enough, which was the initial point.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:27am

Can't find specific stats for crosses. He has 2 assists in the league in 25 games, compared to other defenders, omitting players in other positions who may cross multiple times in a game;

Robertson - 9, 
Alexander-Arnold -7, 
Cholevas - 6, 
Bellerin, Kolasinac - 5, 
Azpilicueta - 4, Digne - 4, Alonso - 4, Young Doherty - 4, Ritchie - 4, 
Chilwell, Rose, Trippier, Shaw, Monreal - 3

Now, I've no idea how many of these assists were from crosses as we may traditionally think of them, but even if we take into account the runs Coleman tends to make in behind defenders and pulling the ball back from the end-line, it's hard to dispute that his end product from these situations is poor enough, which was the initial point.

Measuring assists is a bit nonsensical, I mean look at the top 2 there alone. Who do they have getting on the end of them every time putting the chances away? Mane, Firmino and Salah for the most part. 3 top quality players going neck to neck for the goldenboot. They also get a hell of a lot more chances to attack in general given their style of play and just being an all round better quality of team than a team Everton.

With Coleman, he could easily be getting a lot of good balls into and around the box but when you've Donkeys like Walcot, Tosun and Calvert Lewin getting on the end of them and missing good chances to score, the could be assist is gone unnoticed.

If Coleman was in Dohertys possession in that Wolves team, I'd say he'd be on similar figures goals and assists wise.

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:17pm
crap again yesterday

Everton need a new right back
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:56pm
They need a new right back just after their right back was nominated for Premier League POTM? LOL

Edited by The O'Shea - 14 Apr 2019 at 5:25pm
We're decent enough..
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:28pm
He's convinced that Seamus is finished. No one was ever more determined that a player was finished.There's no point in trying to talk him out of it.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:54pm
He went missing there for the last few months when Coleman was playing very well. But of course “he’s finished” 😂😂😂
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:09pm
In fairness he was up against the mighty Ryan Babel
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:11pm
wrong thread

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 16 Apr 2019 at 9:24am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Starting to wonder where some people on this thread went to school
Is there a logic to this statement that I am missing?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:34am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Starting to wonder where some people on this thread went to school
Is there a logic to this statement that I am missing?

LOL Was a strange comment.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:33pm
Made it into the BBC Team of the week https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48006137

Seamus Coleman: He now wears the Everton captain's armband and justifiably so. Seamus Coleman has played a massive part in the victories over Arsenal, Chelsea and now Manchester United. United were poor at Goodison Park and while they should be beating the likes of Everton, the emotional impact of losing to Barcelona in the Champions League cannot be underestimated.

Did you know? Everton have won 44% of their games with Coleman in the team in the Premier League this season, compared with 25% when he doesn't feature.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Made it into the BBC Team of the week https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48006137

Seamus Coleman: He now wears the Everton captain's armband and justifiably so. Seamus Coleman has played a massive part in the victories over Arsenal, Chelsea and now Manchester United. United were poor at Goodison Park and while they should be beating the likes of Everton, the emotional impact of losing to Barcelona in the Champions League cannot be underestimated.

Did you know? Everton have won 44% of their games with Coleman in the team in the Premier League this season, compared with 25% when he doesn't feature.

That stat should be posted on all the Everton forums and see what the moaning gits think about that. 

Won't be too many shouting now for Kenny to be put in. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:45pm
How about the clowns on here calling for his head.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:09pm
He finished lads, let it go.
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 4:00pm
There's been some absolute sh*te talk on here about our beloved captain. Delighted for Seamie!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:37am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He finished lads, let it go.

Agree, needs to be dropped.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 230>
  Share Topic