You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 230>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 4:58pm
Good to hear he's getting back to full fitness and form Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:38pm
Having a solid game. Making some great runs around the Arsenal box but his end product hasn't found a target more often than not. It's amazing how many of his attempted crosses result in corners or throw-ins, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a side with an aerial threat like Everton. It more just highlights how often he fails to beat the first man.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm
Had another excellent game. Doherty might have had the better season, but there's no doubt that Coleman is the better footballer.
We're decent enough..
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm
PLAyed very well today
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:11pm
Very impressed with Coleman today. His two best performances this season were in two of their  biggest games against Arsenal and Liverpool. Clap

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:13pm
His worst two were Gibraltar and Georgia
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:23pm
Played reasonably well against Georgia, definitely wasn't a bad performance 
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:25pm
Keep writing him off...

Coleman is a class act!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Keep writing him off...

Coleman is a class act!
Maybe for Everton
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I don't think he was that bad against Georgia but on merit doesn't deserve to be ahead of doherty anyway in the starting line up. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I don't think he was that bad against Georgia but on merit doesn't deserve to be ahead of doherty anyway in the starting line up. 

Is Doherty as comfortable at right-back as opposed to right wing-back though? Doherty's most impressive play seems to be on the counter-attack. Coleman will start at right-back against Denmark for that reason. It would, in theory, be an ideal match to have Doherty in front of him and to try and counter quickly ourselves, but I don't think Mick agrees. It will probably be Brady there again, looking forlorn.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is Doherty as comfortable at right-back as opposed to right wing-back though? Doherty's most impressive play seems to be on the counter-attack. Coleman will start at right-back against Denmark for that reason. It would, in theory, be an ideal match to have Doherty in front of him and to try and counter quickly ourselves, but I don't think Mick agrees. It will probably be Brady there again, looking forlorn.

I think if they had the time Coleman and Doherty on
The same side could work.  However at the moment as Coleman is the man in possession and is captain and is being picked at right back rather than right wing back means Coleman will he picked in a f 4 man defence. 

I think we should have a left sided player ahead of
Coleman especially when we want Coleman to bomb on. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Having a solid game. Making some great runs around the Arsenal box but his end product hasn't found a target more often than not. It's amazing how many of his attempted crosses result in corners or throw-ins, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a side with an aerial threat like Everton. It more just highlights how often he fails to beat the first man.

I would doubt there is any player that has more than 50% rate of reaching their target on crosses. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think if they had the time Coleman and Doherty on
The same side could work.  However at the moment as Coleman is the man in possession and is captain and is being picked at right back rather than right wing back means Coleman will he picked in a f 4 man defence. 

I think we should have a left sided player ahead of
Coleman especially when we want Coleman to bomb on. 
O'Dowda then? Brady hasn't worked there and apart from a twenty minute spell in Lille, has only ever worked  out on the left side of midfield/left-wing for us.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:54pm

I would doubt there is any player that has more than 50% rate of reaching their target on crosses. 

If Coleman had a 15-20% rate I'd be shocked.

In terms of the RB position, I'd still have him ahead of Doherty based on his defensive ability. For all those saying his legs have gone, he showed today that they certainly haven't, in both defensive and offensive situations.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:55pm
Yeah o dowda on the left would work but I wouldn’t rule Brady out either.  The o Neill reign is over and Mick makes lads play better.  He wasn’t fit for The last two games
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:57pm

If Coleman had a 15-20% rate I'd be shocked.

In terms of the RB position, I'd still have him ahead of Doherty based on his defensive ability. For all those saying his legs have gone, he showed today that they certainly haven't, in both defensive and offensive situations.

You could be right but without knowing
What the stats are. 20% actually might make
Him the best in the PL. do you know what the stats are.  Most crosses are blocked as far as I can see.  It’s why games are not high scoring games.  If you could get 1 in five crosses to reach their target in the box. You would take that all day long as most strikers would then score from that position. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 5:59pm

Yeah o dowda on the left would work but I wouldn’t rule Brady out either.  The o Neill reign is over and Mick makes lads play better.  He wasn’t fit for The last two games
I would. It will never work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 230>
  Share Topic