You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 230>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:05pm
Coleman seems to be back from his latest injury.He was on the bench & has come on for the second half against Norwich
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:10pm
Its stupid decisions like his concession of the free kick that lead to Liverpool's goal tehre that justifies Trap's decision to stick with the tried and tested imo. He could've easily gotten a 2nd yellow after only being on the pitch 20 minutes also. If he did that when we were drawing with the Spanish with 3 mins to go it would be a disaster.

Granted anyone could do it but an inexperienced pllayer is more prone.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:17pm
Should have been sent off, gave away the foul for the winner and was absolute poison when he came on.  Been a very very bad season for the lad, sooner it's over the better for him.  Hopefully can rediscover his form next year.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:20pm
In fairness Kerry I think a free kick like he gave away today is more down to lack of match practise, than lack of experience (coming off the bench geting to the pace of a game dosent help either). That aside Hunt gives away daft free kicks all the time.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:26pm
Youre right but based on today's display I cant see him getting much more game time between now and the end of the season with Moyes focusing on trying to beat Liverpool in the league table. I honestly think Hunt is a far superior player and offers that spark off the bench that Coleman seems to lack. Coleman has been just short of shocking this season. Hes young and hopefully he can bounce back but I think an extended summer break will be best for us and him and hopefully he comes back next season pushing for a place.

And Hunt may give away stupid frees but he also wins them in decisive areas.

McClean and Hunt Id have before Coleman and Id imagine thats the way it'll turn out.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:29pm
Form aside the chap has had 5 thigh injuries. He would be a liability going to Poland.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:31pm
Kerzy to say Coleman has been shocking this season is abit unfair , he has missed big chunks of it through injury and Everton have been doing well so it was obviously going to be hard for Seamus to break back into the team.

Coleman on form or Hunt on form , for me it would be Coleman all day.

As its been pointed out , the sooner the better the league ends for Seamus so he go get himself right and back to his best during pre-season.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:32pm

Trapnoclue will no doubt still be screaming for his(Coleman) inclusion the the final 23 for Poland. Clown

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Trapnoclue will no doubt still be screaming for his(Coleman) inclusion the the final 23 for Poland. Clown

I'd still bring him before Paul Green though LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I'd still bring him before Paul Green though LOL

LOLLOL

In all honesty, I think Coleman is a better footballer. But somehow Hunt manages to bring instant energy. Not sure he is the most intelligent fella to ever string up a pair of boots but perhaps it's this lack of skill that just allows him to barrel in to games (and opposing players sometimes!). 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 4:17pm

Kerzy to say Coleman has been shocking this season is abit unfair , he has missed big chunks of it through injury and Everton have been doing well so it was obviously going to be hard for Seamus to break back into the team.

As its been pointed out , the sooner the better the league ends for Seamus so he go get himself right and back to his best during pre-season.

Even last season, especially at the end, he was very incpnsistent. Ive never been convinced tbh and maybe Im being a bit harsh but Im not convinced hes up to Everton's level. Hopefully he proves me wrong long term.
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Even last season, especially at the end, he was very incpnsistent. Ive never been convinced tbh and maybe Im being a bit harsh but Im not convinced hes up to Everton's level. Hopefully he proves me wrong long term.

It's definitely the inconsistency that I'd question too (and that is not this year when I know he's been injured quite a bit). I think we just get a little carried away due to his Irishness. I hope he delivers long-term, and that's an Ireland fan and also a LOI fan. 
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

+1
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:40pm
I understand completely people's reservations about the injuries and that. 

I am worried too about hunt being ok for the Euro's. He seems to be having trouble shaking off this injury. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

I understand completely people's reservations about the injuries and that. 

I am worried too about hunt being ok for the Euro's. He seems to be having trouble shaking off this injury. 

He had it operated about 10 days ago, hopefully that should clear up the niggling aspect to it....
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 7:01pm
Fingers crossed. Will be worrying coming to the end of the season with him and Dunne coming back from injury. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
trapisblind View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapisblind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:47pm
ok kerrzy you hate coleman and mccarthy and mcclean and you love hunt,are you stephen hunt by any chance?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 9:52pm
Dunne has apparently told Trap he hopes to be back for Villa's last league game at least
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 230>
  Share Topic