You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 230>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

With 3 games in a week I was hoping Coleman would get a start today. 

Hopefully gets a few minutes from the bench at least.

Looks to be a squad player now if we're being honest, will be difficult to select him for the national team if he hasn't kicked a ball 

There was an article on the Athletic maybe a year ago about Coleman and his situation at Everton and how he hasn't been helped by the club. They contrasted his situation to that of Leighton Baines, where a suitable replacement was found and they were able to manage his games, and his career was prolonged as a result. I'd say Coleman wasn't fully fit for over 50% of the game he played in last season (including for us), but he had to play because they had no one better. Patterson had a good game yesterday, and that could be beneficial for Coleman. At his age and the position he plays in, there's no way he should be playing full seasons. It could work out well for us if he's fresher coming into international windows.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 7:54am
He’s now an experienced head around the team who will fill in in the event of a significant injury crisis. This is based on Everton having a number of injuries at the moment and look to have settled with Patterson at right full. If they go to back 5 he can slot into 2 positions.

Pretty much the same for us.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

what land are you living in . Who replaces him?

We could start introducing mcnamara on the right back wing and manning as the left wing back position. Both have been playing week in, week out in the championship. 

Brady looks like he's staying injury free for Preston, browne did a good job in the last ireland games at RWB and you could give ogbene a shot there too. 

Chances are Coleman, Duffy and Doherty could go without kicking a ball up until the Scotland game.

Not sure if he is an answer because he is probably playing out of position but based on weekly ratings Mark Sykes is doing very well right wing back for Bristol City. As I said, it isn't his first position and I haven't seen anything of him to know whether he is likely to stay there over the course of a season and convert to that spot. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:34am
Sykes can play anywhere in midfield. I saw a lot of him when he played in the Irish League, he broke into the Glenavon first team in his teens and stood out for the NI under 21s. I’d like to see him get a senior cap sooner rather than later. I think he can be an asset for Ireland for years to come.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:44am
I'm not too familiar with Sykes but a player who can cover CM and RWB who is playing well in the champ is worth a chance.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:26pm
Making his first premier league start and appearance of the season today. Starting at right back in the line-up I saw.

Edited by darman28 - 01 Oct 2022 at 2:27pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:29pm
Should be a decent run for Seamus now, I think the Patterson injury will keep him out of contention for a while.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 9:37pm
I read today that he's the longest serving Premier League player. Shocked
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 9:41pm
Current longest serving player at one club.

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 10:02pm
Lampard praising him highly again in today’s Sunday Times, confirming he was carrying an injury until the end of last season when he had an operation. Kenny also quoted as being desperate to have him back playing ( likewise YD at Spurs).
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 10:25pm
Took over the current length of service record from Noble when he finished up with West Ham this summer I think. Great one club effort from him. 

Incidentally (and unrelated to Coleman), James Milner should have two landmarks coming up in the next few weeks - his 600th Premier League appearance and the 20th anniversary of his first appearance. Incredible longevity - even Gareth Barry, the EPL appearance record holder, didn't play a full 20 years in the league. Giggs did though I think.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:24am
34 today, many happy returns Seamie!

Will be 35 by the time the Euro24 qualifying ends. Great servant, but will be almost 36 by the time Euro 24 kicks off if we manage to get there. We really need to start blooding another option in the RWB position.
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Will be 35 by the time the Euro24 qualifying ends. Great servant, but will be almost 36 by the time Euro 24 kicks off if we manage to get there. We really need to start blooding another option in the RWB position.

Pretty much, happy birthday Seamus but it’s time you f**ked off.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Not on board with that comment at all, huge lack of respect for a guy who has given everything in a green shirt through good times and bad.
Idah Dream!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 11:20am

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 11:21am

Very harsh, one of the good lads. Would it have been too difficult to say...thanks for everything but time to move away...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 11:30am
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Right back for Everton today

Moyes hopefully will keep him there. f**k Jon Flanagan. Seamie is our right back for the futureThumbs Up

It's ok, we have Flanno to fall back onClap
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Very harsh, one of the good lads. Would it have been too difficult to say...thanks for everything but time to move away...

Was a wee joke, relax yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 230>
  Share Topic