You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 230>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 7:50pm
Just saved Everton from going down 1-0 within seconds. Picked up a knock doing it. Luckily doesn't look as serious as I thought.
Sponsored Links

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Everton seems to have a difficult run in for premier league survival, including Chelsea, arsenal, Leicester. 

Realistic to assume they could be in real trouble. 

Coleman being our best player could be playing in the chpionship next season, it's unlikely a club would be in for him due to his age. 
hes 34 by the time the euro qualifiers come round, not our best player and probably won’t be playing much for Everton or anyone when the 23/24 season comes round so Everton’s current predicament has little influence in our euro 2024 campaign.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 7:06pm
Everton are in huge trouble. Coleman will follow them into the championship and would be a top champship right back. I would love Gordon to ship over to Ireland and doubt he ever gets in the England team
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:59pm
happy to see them stay up, some scenes after the 3rd goal and then at the final whistle
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:32pm

Coleman a disaster for the second Palace goal

Hes being lauded tonight by many as great captain and leader with the passion and pride he shows playing for them etc.. etc.. and theres no doubt about that, but green tinted glasses off he has been poor overall this season and a part of the problem when its come to the on field performances.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:22am
Seamy obviously loves Everton, and fans pick up on that. Everton fans know that he is one of them and he is their leader. He will go down in history like Kendall, Reid, Bracewell and Dean as an Everton legend....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:54am
steady on there he is in the David Unsworth and Duncan Ferguson category.  Not in the same league as those lads who won leagues or scored tonnes of goals .  Everton are like they were in the mid 90s fighting relegation but with loads of money and ideas of grandeur with honest pros like Coleman who are past it and lads not trying a leg until relegation stared them in the face.  
AKA pedantic kunt
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 2:36pm
He has been a major liability for them at times this season.

I cant see him being able to meaningfully contribute in the latter stages of the euros campaign.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:08pm
I also fear Seamus' excellent career is winding down.

With Mattie injured, do we assume Coleman will be deployed as RWB for the upcoming matches?
Who are the backups for this role as I'd worry he can't play four games like this in close succession.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:13pm
Cyrus Christie and possibly Danny McNamara. With Doherty out injured I think he'll have to call up a third player who can play there just incase of injuries.

Ogbene and Sykes can fill in in a pinch but Ogbene is wasted there and Sykes is uncapped and might not even get a call up.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:26pm
One thing I'll add here is that when Seamus is finally not making squads, it will be a poorer day all round as his influence in and around the rest of the team seems to be significant.

The way he hold himself, looks out for young lads, speaks in public etc. are all things that will be lost when he is gone.

Interesting to see who emerges as Captain when himself and Duffy are no longer around.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

One thing I'll add here is that when Seamus is finally not making squads, it will be a poorer day all round as his influence in and around the rest of the team seems to be significant.

The way he hold himself, looks out for young lads, speaks in public etc. are all things that will be lost when he is gone.

Interesting to see who emerges as Captain when himself and Duffy are no longer around.

Both Duffy and Egan seem to take turns captaining the team when Coleman isn't playing and both lads are the same age so could end up not playing anymore at the same time.

Cullen and Collins would be two lads I'd say could end as captain and vice captain when Coleman, Duffy, and Egan aren't around anymore.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:42pm

Thats it, he still has major role for us as Captain and can still do his bit as a squad player for another while yet.

He'll be around until Euro 2024 finals at the least should be qualify at which point he'll be 35 heading for 36.

Duffy and Egan are vice captains, they'll still only be 32 and 31 at that point and could be around for another 2 or 3 campaigns beyond that. So you'd imagine one of them would be handed it.

Of the younger lads Collins seems like the natural successor beyond them at this moment in time but that can easily change.
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:11pm

I've also a line of thinking that sees players like Collins, omobamidele and oshea really kick on next year and force kennys hand a play them as the back three. 

Seeing a player like ebosele, kilkenny, smallbone, ferguson break through and make solid claims for a place in the first 11.

In as little as a year we could see a very different ireland team than the one we see now.

The three keeper select themselves for the squad, this was a position we were worried about when Randolph was winding down 10 months ago. Looks like we're set for the next ten years now.

Kilkenny is the only one of those 4 that's a guaranteed starter for the 21s nevermind the senior squad
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

Kilkenny is the only one of those 4 that's a guaranteed starter for the 21s nevermind the senior squad

Ferguson to be a starter every game for the 21's from the next campaign.
And Smallbone generally starts every game he is available for.
Festy only emerged this season as a good option, which explains his lack of starts.
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:37pm

Festy only emerged this season as a good option, which explains his lack of starts.

I'm not discounting any of the players, my point was just the rush by some people to be them in a senior squad is way too early
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:03pm

I'm not discounting any of the players, my point was just the rush by some people to be them in a senior squad is way too early

My point was that these players could be in the seniors team starting 11 in the next 12 months. 

If Ferguson plays ten games in a row for Brighton next season he'd be in the seniors... it can happen that fast.

In much the same way it has already happened with bazunu, idah, knight, Collins etc.

Collins is in his third season of senior football and is only starting to break through for us now. Kenny brought through a core of his U21 players because it was needed then. 

At the moment none of them are close to the senior squad. Obviously a good season could see any of them brought in but being realistic it's only Kilkenny and Ebosele that have a decent chance at that
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 7:20pm

I agree with others in saying Collins & Cullen as potential future captains. Possibly O'Shea, Knight & Ogbene.

I've also a line of thinking that sees players like Collins, omobamidele and oshea really kick on next year and force kennys hand a play them as the back three. 

Seeing a player like ebosele, kilkenny, smallbone, ferguson break through and make solid claims for a place in the first 11.

In as little as a year we could see a very different ireland team than the one we see now.

The three keeper select themselves for the squad, this was a position we were worried about when Randolph was winding down 10 months ago. Looks like we're set for the next ten years now.

Collins, Omobamidele & O'Shea will definitely push Duffy hard. I think Egan will still be a starter for the Euros campaign though.

Of those other 4 names, Kilkenny is the only one I can see getting in the Ireland squad (not XI) in the next year (along with Coventry) because our Midfield options are so thin.

Smallbone perhaps. He has obvious quality, but he just cannot stay fit (missing from recent Southampton squads again). He badly needs a loan though, getting minutes off the bench for Southampton won't get him in the squad.

Ebosele & Ferguson are miles off the senior squad I think. Will Ebosele even be a starting player next season? Possibly not with that whole Udinese & Watford connection. And absolutely no way he'd be starting ahead of Doherty or Ogbene (depending on what position he end up playing.) McNamara is ahead of him at this point, too.

The likelihood of Ferguson becoming a starting player for Brighton at 17 is astronomically low. More likely he gets the Cup games & minutes of the bench here & there in the league in the first half of the season, then after he turns 18 he's sent on loan to League 1 in January.
That won't be enough to get him in the Ireland squad (let alone starting XI), but it would be much more desirable than another Connolly/Idah/Obafemi situation.
I could see him get his debut in the November friendlies, but straight back to the U21s after. Realistically he's still probably 2-4 years away from really impacting the senior team (see Parrott, Idah, Connolly, Obafemi).

A name I do think could come into contention for a spot in the squad in the next year is Joel Bagan. McClean & Stevens are both aging and both picking up injuries... Manning will need backup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 230>
  Share Topic