You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 230>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Dropped for Holgate tonight.

I think Coleman is out injured

On the bench.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Dropped for Holgate tonight.

I think Coleman is out injured

On the bench is he not?

He was hardly going to play two games in less than a week. Stevie Wonder can see that he's struggling.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:20pm
Sorry didn't see the team sheet but I heard reports that he might be out injured with bone bruising and soft tissue damage.

Edited by darman28 - 16 Dec 2021 at 7:23pm
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 10:57pm
there is footage on YouTube of stevie wonder catching a falling mic stand.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 9:23pm
Looks like Nathan Patterson is going to be the next right back to take on the Seamus Coleman challenge at Everton. He is probably going to be taking on a weaker version of Coleman than the previous right backs they have brought in to compete with him, so he might have a chance of taking his spot.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 10:05pm
One of our last, if not only, remaining starters about to be supplanted by a Scot?

It's amazing how much Scotland's fortunes have changed in contrast to ours.

We had arguably the better national team, and I'd hazard a guess a bigger pool of PL players to pick from during the 90s, a higher profile base of players as well, yet this trend has completely swung in the other direction.

They even have lads impressing, and scoring goals against big sides, in Serie A (young Aaron Hickey).

They even fare consistently better in terms of producing managers, but that's always been the case.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 10:15pm
Law of averages between two similar sized countries I think. They would have probably had a better depth of pick than us during the 90s if maybe a weaker first team in the first half of that decade. Second half of the 90s when we went through the post Charlton slump they were better than us.

2000s and 2010s we were stronger than them pretty much right through those decades, so they're probably due the period of relative strength they're having now.

Probably we have better players overall coming through at the moment, but we're playing catch up because we produced so little for a long time before this bunch.

Both countries share a lack of a natural goalscoring forward.

If the Patterson transfer does go through he will learn a lot from Coleman I think, but Coleman's not the player he was and is more vulnerable to younger competition now.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 3:14pm
Scores a rare goal
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 3:18pm
sheer passion from Coleman after he scored. Write him off at your peril.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 3:51pm
His play in the build-up was superb as well. He looked sharp against Newcastle so good to see him continuing to do well.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I dont think anyones been writing him off, more so recognising the fact that age has been catching up with him i recent times and hes been on the wain. While he seemed to have had a very good game today, he has been torn to shreds in others recently.

Still a valuable player for us and has look more suited to playing at RCB of a 3 for us in recent games where hes not expected to get up and down the wing as much but can still step out from the back with the back with the ball and take on the odd overlap.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 8:01pm

I dont think anyones been writing him off, more so recognising the fact that age has been catching up with him i recent times and hes been on the wain. While he seemed to have had a very good game today, he has been torn to shreds in others recently.

Still a valuable player for us and has look more suited to playing at RCB of a 3 for us in recent games where hes not expected to get up and down the wing as much but can still step out from the back with the back with the ball and take on the odd overlap.

Nobody has been writing him off on here but there has been plenty writing him off around Liverpool. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Nobody has been writing him off on here but there has been plenty writing him off around Liverpool. 

Okay, so the original poster needs to sign up to an Everton forum and let all them know their thoughts. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Okay, so the original poster needs to sign up to an Everton forum and let all them know their thoughts. 
Plenty have wrote him off on here over the last few years too yet he still keeps coming back time and time again.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 9:48pm
Well taken goal, throws himself at it. Good to see him leading a potential turn around.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Plenty have wrote him off on here over the last few years too yet he still keeps coming back time and time again.
No they haven't. Comment on form fluctuation and/or injury impact on an ageing player is not writing him off. Seamus still produces top performances, just less often. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 10:24am
The early pages and posts on this thread are hilarious.  

Trapped the only one getting it spot on.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The early pages and posts on this thread are hilarious.  

Trapped the only one getting it spot on.  
Who's Trapped? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 230>
  Share Topic