You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 230>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 4:58pm
As it stands, he won't have played in 5 weeks by the time we play Serbia. Back on the bench today against Burnley.
Sponsored Links

DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

As it stands, he won't have played in 5 weeks by the time we play Serbia. Back on the bench today against Burnley.
came on for the last 20Clap
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 7:52pm
Probably a positive in disguise he was left on the bench. Got 20 minutes to get back into gear and will play the next game as they were awful to a man Everton. Few dropped for that performance
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:10am
I have to say, I've never been one to advocate playing Coleman as a centre-half in a 3-5-2 but on last nights showing I think it's something that might work out for us in the long-run.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I have to say, I've never been one to advocate playing Coleman as a centre-half in a 3-5-2 but on last nights showing I think it's something that might work out for us in the long-run.

He was very good, he was clearly controlling the defensive line and covered the other two brilliantly. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:21am
Coleman has class as a player. By far our best player I think
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:23am
Yeah he was good defensively as I expected him to be. Marshalled the defence well
Just need Doherty to improve now on the wing to warrant us playing the formation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:48am
I thought he was brilliant last night. One of his best in a green jersey. I reckon he could play anywhere. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 11:49am
He went of the boil a little bit for a year or so but he's back to neat his best. Such a shame about the leg break a few years back when he was in his prime. I think he was on the cusp of kicking on another level then 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:08pm
Solid performance from him again last night. He’s proven that he can play in a number of different positions now and very comfortable in all. If we stick with a back 3 the return of Egan would add to it also, it was laughed at before Christmas at the suggestion Coleman should be part of the 3
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:15pm
I think if we are going to persist with three at the back then O'Shea and Coleman will have to start as they are both very comfortable on the ball.

Egan is a better defender than Clark for me, but Clark is probably a bit better in his use of possession. Not sure if Egan would have allowed Mitrovic to out jump his as easily for the third.

I also think Dara O'Shea could do a job in front of a more traditional back four as a midfielder if ever needed.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:18pm
never ever doubted Seamie he’s a class act.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 1:42pm
4 years since he broke his leg. Almost to the day. Time flies and all that.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 1:52pm
Coleman I thought was our best player last night along with Browne and Robinson.  

He was poor for a while esp away to the Swiss where I think he was trying too hard and got frustrated and was trying to be playmaker from full back.  

Class act and great to see him back in form for Ireland. 
AKA pedantic kunt
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah he was good defensively as I expected him to be. Marshalled the defence well
Just need Doherty to improve now on the wing to warrant us playing the formation

Or just push Coleman out to RWB when everyone's available. His game intelligence is much better than Doherty which will only benefit us more in the final third. Coleman in the final third with the ball at his feet won't give it away as cheaply as Doherty.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:12am
I've never been too impressed with Coleman when playing for Ireland but actually think he looks a leader the last three games. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:13am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I've never been too impressed with Coleman when playing for Ireland but actually think he looks a leader the last three games. 

Agree. I thought he was the only one trying to make something happen tonight getting forward. Its put to bed the Doherty or Coleman conundrum.
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:16am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Agree. I thought he was the only one trying to make something happen tonight getting forward. Its put to bed the Doherty or Coleman conundrum.

Yea I’m in agreement, he’s actually looked good in the position he’s played the last three games and has been good bringing the  ball out of defence! Last year I was of the opinion that Doherty must play but I’ve lost patience with him, if only he showed the same commitment of Coleman.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 230>
  Share Topic