You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 230>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:29pm
DOC at left back and Coleman at RB is likely to be  the way Kenny goes. O'Shea and Duffy in the middle (Duffy not picked on form, Collins and Egan out forces Kenny's hand)
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:31pm
Coleman is a consummate professional and an Everton legend. Should certainly still be Ireland captain and surely Doherty can play as well. We do not have the strength in depth to leave out players of this standard.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

DOC at left back and Coleman at RB is likely to be  the way Kenny goes. O'Shea and Duffy in the middle (Duffy not picked on form, Collins and Egan out forces Kenny's hand)

Duffy and Clarke i assume? Id play Doherty right back and Dara O'Shea left back with Coleman further forward.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Duffy and Clarke i assume? Id play Doherty right back and Dara O'Shea left back with Coleman further forward.

I’d have K Long ahead of Duffy.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I’d have K Long ahead of Duffy.

Wont happen. Duffy will start with Clarke if both fit i would assume.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:45pm
So Coleman at right midfield Doc at RB is out the question so after playing there today de facto and playing well?

The rebuild thing they are two of our better players wouldn’t be worried about that tbh. 

Kelleher O’Shea Knight Molumby Connolly the 5 really that should be in contention for a 23 man squad place/starting place next month. Connolly the only concrete starter although I want Kelleher and one of the young midfielders certainly playing also. 

Travers and Bazunu also forgot them if we are looking at a 23 man squad.

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Feb 2021 at 9:47pm
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

If Kenny leaves him out the next day it will be a bad sign of Kenny’s man management 
Depends what Kenny’s thinking is. Whether we like it or not this may be a development phase and there are players who due to age and certainly others through performance should be discounted!
What’s to be considered? Coleman’s a better defender than Doherty especially if Kenny opts for a back four. He’s well capable of being at threat going forward which he’s shown the last three games. Are you listening to Martin O Neill too much “Young Doherty” is 29 after all hes hardly of an age to be part of the rebuild. 
Ok Daniel ! Have a wee look at Switzerland away and if you come back with a worse Ireland performance at right back by doherty than that in his limited caps. I’ll give you a grand!Seamus lovely fella no doubt.average enough for us though!
Coleman is better right back than Doherty every day of the week .
And you will do well to find a decent performance by Doherty in an Irish Jersey 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:03pm

If Kenny leaves him out the next day it will be a bad sign of Kenny’s man management 
Depends what Kenny’s thinking is. Whether we like it or not this may be a development phase and there are players who due to age and certainly others through performance should be discounted!
What’s to be considered? Coleman’s a better defender than Doherty especially if Kenny opts for a back four. He’s well capable of being at threat going forward which he’s shown the last three games. Are you listening to Martin O Neill too much “Young Doherty” is 29 after all hes hardly of an age to be part of the rebuild. 
Ok Daniel ! Have a wee look at Switzerland away and if you come back with a worse Ireland performance at right back by doherty than that in his limited caps. I’ll give you a grand!Seamus lovely fella no doubt.average enough for us though!
Sorry there’s no Daniel here you must have the wrong person. Well done on picking out one poor performance out of 50 odd appearances he has had for us. What kind of fetish have you with Doherty? You mentioned that Coleman was lacking for game time over on Matt Doherty thread, they have started the same amount of games this season you seem to be more interested in being up my username than actually talking about football. Are you really saying that Doherty is a better defender than Coleman? Trying to justify a 29 year old starting in March as part of a “rebuilding period” come on now, at least you have us a good laugh.
Fetish me! Your having a laugh. Doherty has been the better player over the last few years . Sure, he’s seeing irregular game time at Spurs and needs to improve but Everton are playing center halfs at right back most weeks. Either way I don’t think Kenny will be looking through our lens and doherty will start!
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm

Sorry there’s no Daniel here you must have the wrong person. Well done on picking out one poor performance out of 50 odd appearances he has had for us. What kind of fetish have you with Doherty? You mentioned that Coleman was lacking for game time over on Matt Doherty thread, they have started the same amount of games this season you seem to be more interested in being up my username than actually talking about football. Are you really saying that Doherty is a better defender than Coleman? Trying to justify a 29 year old starting in March as part of a “rebuilding period” come on now, at least you have us a good laugh.
Fetish me! Your having a laugh. Doherty has been the better player over the last few years . Sure, he’s seeing irregular game time at Spurs and needs to improve but Everton are playing center halfs at right back most weeks. Either way I don’t think Kenny will be looking through our lens and doherty will start!
I’m having a laugh? Your the one who said Doherty should be included in the rebuilding periodLOLLOL Doherty had 2 good seasons at wing back for Wolves. When playing in a back four he’s been bang average at very best. Hopefully Kenny will find a place for both as they are better than any other option we have higher up on the right too. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 12:38am
It's not ridiculous to suggest Coleman and Doherty could both play on the right hand side against Serbia. Not sure exactly how they line up but Kolarov probably their left back and I think they've Kostic of Frankfurt on the left wing too, it might be wise to play a right sided midfielder who is defensively responsible and then play Connolly much higher up on the opposite wing. A lot depends on who you'd have up top though I guess. 
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 2:33am
I think Doherty is poor defensively. I think he was a key part of Nuno’s system. He got all the praise for his goals and assists. He often made inward runs into the box rather than staying out wide. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 2:56am
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

I think Doherty is poor defensively. I think he was a key part of Nuno’s system. He got all the praise for his goals and assists. He often made inward runs into the box rather than staying out wide. 

Still a good player but Coleman is superior on my opinion 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 8:48am
Coleman is our best RB right now and should play in that position.
Neither Doc or Coleman are midfielders, especially when we play 4-3-3

Having options on the bench is a good thing.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 9:30am
A year ago you'd have been ridiculed for suggesting playing Coleman ahead of Doherty.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

A year ago you'd have been ridiculed for suggesting playing Coleman ahead of Doherty.

Tbf Doherty was one of the top players in the EPL last season and the season before.

He scored 15 goals and had 15 assists in those 2 seasons in all competitions.
I doubt we had any other player who had more goals or assists in the EPL.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 21 Feb 2021 at 9:50am

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 10:04am

Tbf Doherty was one of the top players in the EPL last season and the season before.

Which is why it's strange we are not giving him a shot on the right of midfield or RW in a 4-3-3.

Coleman is the superior RB
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Which is why it's strange we are not giving him a shot on the right of midfield or RW in a 4-3-3.

Because Ireland aren't Wolves. Wolves play 3-4-3 which gave Doherty a player playing further forward to offer support. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

This wouldn't get the best out of him. He'd be ahead of the ball most of time, rather than arriving late into the box as a RWB which is what made him so successful at Wolves. 

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208209 230>
  Share Topic