Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 230>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapisblind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:18pm
why do people think foley deserves to go ahead of coleman?serious question.
Sponsored Links

SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:21pm
Looks like he is going to miss out but I am certain he will be a big player for Ireland in the years to come. He is only 23 so he could be involved in 5 more campaigns.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Real Irlanda Real Irlanda wrote:

Alot of people are saying coleman has had a bad season which has been
disrupted reguarly by injury, and thus does not deserve to go to the Euros. Which may fair enough, but there others nailed-on to travel to the Euros who have also had poor seasons or been injured often 

Very true however the other you are talking about probably Hunt have a lot of experience in the game and the squad.
Enough in Traps mind to select them.
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:08am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

disrupted reguarly by injury, and thus does not deserve to go to the Euros. Which may fair enough, but there others nailed-on to travel to the Euros who have also had poor seasons or been injured often 

Very true however the other you are talking about probably Hunt have a lot of experience in the game and the squad.

Rainpaulo its not just Hunt I am talking about....O'Dea, Foley, St ledger, Cox, Long, Doyle & Gibson have all either had bad seasons at club level or had a season heavily disrupted by injury. Furthermore all these players are almost guaranteed there spot on the plane to poland and some do not possess  considerably more international experience than Coleman (ie O'Dea, foley &Cox). I think I am merely pointing out that Trap has never really fancied Coleman & maybe not treated him fairly compared to others.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:21am

Rainpaulo its not just Hunt I am talking about....O'Dea, Foley, St ledger, Cox, Long, Doyle & Gibson have all either had bad seasons at club level or had a season heavily disrupted by injury. Furthermore all these players are almost guaranteed there spot on the plane to poland and some do not possess  considerably more international experience than Coleman (ie O'Dea, foley &Cox). I think I am merely pointing out that Trap has never really fancied Coleman & maybe not treated him fairly compared to others.

Long has done well at WBA , Gibson has been one of Evertons best players since he joined in Jan and St Ledger won his place in the Leicester line up after fighting for it no arguments with those 3 anyway.

Doyle has had one bad season in how many years , always a capable player for Ireland when called upon so his inclusion is never in doubt.

O'Dea in fairness to him got plenty of game time at Leeds and does well whenever he plays for Ireland + we are very short on cover at centre half.

Cox is Keane's natural replacement , his club situation in some peoples eye's that they might feel he should be left at home but this is international football and he has done well under Trap but the jury is still out imo.

Foley should be left at home , very poor season by his standards and Clark should be his replacement.

The thing about Coleman is Trap doesn't trust him to play at Right Back and the fact we've plenty of wingers to choose from doesn't help his cause , given Colemans injury's and lack of form makes it a no brainer to leave him at home i'm afraid.

Edited by Green Devil - 04 May 2012 at 2:24am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
rodney trotter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodney trotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:14am
Marc wilson should be the seventh defender as he can cover both left back,center back and center mid and he has been an ever present all season.In fact i would have him start ahead of ward at lb.Would love to know why trap has the sh*ts with him..
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Long has done well at WBA , Gibson has been one of Evertons best players since he joined in Jan and St Ledger won his place in the Leicester line up after fighting for it no arguments with those 3 anyway.

Doyle has had one bad season in how many years , always a capable player for Ireland when called upon so his inclusion is never in doubt.

O'Dea in fairness to him got plenty of game time at Leeds and does well whenever he plays for Ireland + we are very short on cover at centre half.

Cox is Keane's natural replacement , his club situation in some peoples eye's that they might feel he should be left at home but this is international football and he has done well under Trap but the jury is still out imo.

Foley should be left at home , very poor season by his standards and Clark should be his replacement.

The thing about Coleman is Trap doesn't trust him to play at Right Back and the fact we've plenty of wingers to choose from doesn't help his cause , given Colemans injury's and lack of form makes it a no brainer to leave him at home i'm afraid.

If you read my post I say those players either had a bad season or missed a big chunk of it like Coleman. I mentioned Gibson cos he only played half a season n suffered two bad injuries. Doyle had a bad season, Long has been injured alot this yr, O'Dea n StLedger have both had indifferent seasons. O'Dea is being released n there are rumours that Leicster are releasing St Ledger. I dont think we are too short at centrehalf as O'Shea, Clark, Wilson n even Kelly can play there. Also of the players I mentioed I would defiinetly bring  St ledger, Long, Doyle & Gibson.

I just think Coleman gets treated a little unfairly compared to others, but I respect Trap for his reasons for leavin him home as he is the manager after all.
ilovepaulgreen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovepaulgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:26am
he def is treating coleman unfairly
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by rodney trotter rodney trotter wrote:

Marc wilson should be the seventh defender as he can cover both left back,center back and center mid and he has been an ever present all season.In fact i would have him start ahead of ward at lb.Would love to know why trap has the sh*ts with him..

Something to do with him pulling out of squads last year and not bothering his arse to even tell the management why.
Also, as I said over in the stupid poll thread, Wilson is not going to hugely improve us at LB over Ward.
Think he's better in midfield really.

In regards Coleman, pretty much agree with what GreenDevil said. Unlucky with injuries this season. His time will come.

Edited by Stoked Up - 04 May 2012 at 12:02pm
ilovepaulgreen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovepaulgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:27pm
why are people against coleman been in the squad?he is a hell of a lot a better player than foley,what has foley done to deserve automatic inclusion?i wouldnt bring any of the wolves lads all of them have been septic all season,went down without any sort of a fight!
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:16pm
Love Trap- but I think our defence could be so much stronger if we had O'Shea partnering Dunne in the middle with Coleman on the right 
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Love Trap- but I think our defence could be so much stronger if we had O'Shea partnering Dunne in the middle with Coleman on the right 

Coleman doesn't really play full back so why would you put him in there
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

My choice would be Kelly, Dunne, O'Shea and Wilson
connordonegal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connordonegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:42pm
played well when he came on for last ten minutes
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by connordonegal connordonegal wrote:

played well when he came on for last ten minutes

+1

Hopefully he can kick on now and rediscover the form that made him such a good prospect.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 2:37am
love his energy and direct style, really lifts a team the work he does driving down the wing
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 2:28pm
Done well when he came on last night alright. I hope Moyles doesn't see him as just someone to bring on with 10 minutes to go to inject a bit of pace into the side.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Done well when he came on last night alright. I hope Moyles doesn't see him as just someone to bring on with 10 minutes to go to inject a bit of pace into the side.
Once Moyes doesn't see him like that, he will be fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 230>
  Share Topic