FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 230>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:31pm
himself, mcclean and clark were excellent i thought
Sponsored Links

skippy87 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:28pm
brillant performance hope he keeps building on it. has to start against sweden
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:10pm
superb
forks89 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forks89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:06pm
He was excellent tonight I thought, bombing forward with real purpose.
Everywhere ya gooooo, always take St.Ledger with you!!!
@forks_89_
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 12:59am
The Irish Times - Friday, November 9, 2012

Coleman keen to see Gibson back in an Ireland shirt

PAUL BUTTNER

Once back fully fit and focused, Séamus Coleman believes Everton team-mate Darron Gibson can become a crucial player in the Republic of Ireland’s midfield in the years ahead.

Upset at getting no game time at Euro 2012, Gibson went into self-imposed international exile and didn’t feature in the opening World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan, Germany and the Faroe Islands.

Though Gibson is currently out injured, Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni said at the recent squad announcement for next week’s friendly with Greece at the Aviva Stadium, he had spoken to the player and that he was ready to return once fit.

Having seen Gibson up close at Everton, Coleman, set to win his ninth cap against the Greeks, sees that as very good news as he’s full of praise for the Derry native’s ability.

“He will be a massive player for Ireland,” said Coleman. “I was in a couple of Ireland squads with him when he was at Man United, but I didn’t get to really see how good he is until he came to Everton. His range of passing is superb.”

Coleman, who said he hasn’t discussed the Ireland situation with Gibson, added: “We see each other every day at training, but it’s his thing and it’s not up to me to tell him to come back. It’s his own decision.

“I actually didn’t know the manager said that (that Gibson would return) last week, so I didn’t ask Gibbo about it, truthfully. It’s something that’s between them.”

Coleman didn’t make the squad for Euro 2012 so can empathise with Gibson. “As a footballer you want to play. Unfortunately for me, someone had to miss out and that was me,” said the 24-year-old fullback.

“I’m not bitter about not getting picked for the Euros, absolutely not. I was in and out of the team last year. It was frustrating, but I took it on the chin and knew I would get back.” Missing the Euros has given Coleman “a longing” to make the World Cup finals in Brazil in 2014. And despite the humiliating 6-1 defeat to Germany, Coleman believes Ireland are good enough to qualify.

“They will be massive,” said Coleman of the double-header games with chief rivals for runners-up Sweden and Austria in March. “(Those) games are really massive for us and will tell us a lot.”

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 8:59pm
LOL

IrwinClass 1 The Gerk 0
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
IrwinClass View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrwinClass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Real Irlanda Real Irlanda wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

It is very odd that people want to see a good young up & coming Irish player to unachieve & nit pick about every little mistake he makes, just to brag & hat themselves on their back that they are proved right.Ye are ment to be ROI SUPPORTERS, so start being SUPPORTIVE.

Who wants to see him underachieve?Confused

This is a football forum where people debate performances etc
Being Irish doesn't make you immune from criticism

For me, he makes too many errors to be right full for Ireland. Hopefully he can cut those mistakes out

Do o'shea, kelly, and mcshane make less mistakes? you have to remember, coleman is currently the only irish player who is a regular at a top6/7 club (and who wants to play for us)...currently shane long's west brom and joey o'brien's west ham are the nearest.

Coleman is preforming well and to a much higher standard than his Irish contemperies, why drop him?

Kelly makes far less mistakes.
Coleman better going forward but too prone to giving as goal away
Maybe try him at right wing

Ps..I never said I'd drop Coleman. Just saying he as an awful lot to do

True. It's hard to make mistakes when you can't even get in the matchday squad.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 7:37pm

It is very odd that people want to see a good young up & coming Irish player to unachieve & nit pick about every little mistake he makes, just to brag & hat themselves on their back that they are proved right.Ye are ment to be ROI SUPPORTERS, so start being SUPPORTIVE.

For me, he makes too many errors to be right full for Ireland. Hopefully he can cut those mistakes out
But its just you come across that way tho The Gerk when Coleman actually had a good 90 minutes, involved in the first Everton goal but your ascessment of him was "Was poor & at fault for second goal" & another poster post something similiar. He was involved conceding the final goal but if thats all ye saw & can say about his full performance as a whole,it wasn't a just statement.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Real Irlanda Real Irlanda wrote:

Do o'shea, kelly, and mcshane make less mistakes? you have to remember, coleman is currently the only irish player who is a regular at a top6/7 club (and who wants to play for us)...currently shane long's west brom and joey o'brien's west ham are the nearest.

Coleman is preforming well and to a much higher standard than his Irish contemperies, why drop him?

Kelly makes far less mistakes.
Coleman better going forward but too prone to giving as goal away
Maybe try him at right wing

Ps..I never said I'd drop Coleman. Just saying he as an awful lot to do

Edited by The GerK - 05 Nov 2012 at 5:03pm
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:51pm

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 3:14pm

Edited by The GerK - 05 Nov 2012 at 3:16pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:45pm
Probably should keep this thread about Coleman and not McGeady and definitely not about how McGeady performed in Poland. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:44pm
McGeady is vastly overrated by some on here. The initial promise he showed when he first moved to Russia hasnt materialised unfortunately for us.

The only 2 games that I would say I was hugely impressed by him were Slovakia away and 45 mins against Bosnia in May.

On topic, I had my doubts over Coleman but has proven me wrong at club and international level the last 2 months. He deserves to keep the RB spot. I hope we never have to put up with O Shea in that position ever again.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don't think Coleman is the perfect Right Back right now but he should certainly be our number 1 right now. He is not too long in the game, particulary playing RB in the prem. I am sure he is working very hard to cut out the mistakes he can make.

I do feel people are almost happy to see him make these mistakes so they can pat themselves on the back and say I told you so. He comes in for a lot more stick on here than other players who get in the team.

It's similar to the stick McGeady gets off the old McGeady haters. They refuse to awknowledge his improved game. They are very quiet when he is our best player on the pitch but as soon as he has a bad game they come out in force
When is the last time mcgeady was the best player on the pitch for Ireland ?

I'd say overall he was our best player in the euro qualifying campaign. From an attacking perspective for sure
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I don't think Coleman is the perfect Right Back right now but he should certainly be our number 1 right now. He is not too long in the game, particulary playing RB in the prem. I am sure he is working very hard to cut out the mistakes he can make.

I do feel people are almost happy to see him make these mistakes so they can pat themselves on the back and say I told you so. He comes in for a lot more stick on here than other players who get in the team.

It's similar to the stick McGeady gets off the old McGeady haters. They refuse to awknowledge his improved game. They are very quiet when he is our best player on the pitch but as soon as he has a bad game they come out in force

How is it relevant?

It seems that some players should be immune to criticism.

No one immune to criticism, maybe after getting motm, it might be better to point out the positives.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:29pm

How is it relevant?

It seems that some players should be immune to criticism.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:23pm

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:33pm

+1

Agreed fully.

I myself had doubts about Coleman being played at right back for Ireland , mainly because he wasn't playing there for Everton! Now i will say i'm very much warming to the idea of Seamus nailing down that right back spot for Ireland for many years to come.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 230>
  Share Topic