FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 230>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:25am
Love Seamie, how he go motm however is beyond me. 
Sponsored Links

nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

Genuinely was stunned when he got the MOTM last night, a good few sitting near us laughed out loud when it was announced - did his Mam pick it? He made too many mistakes last night. Near the end when we had a bit of a head of steam built up and were threatening their goal, the Swiss looked stretched for once, the ball fell to Seamus, there was an easy ball out to his right (Sykes I think) - instead he tried the big switch over to Smzodics, made an absolute balls of it and it went out for a throw. Totally deflated the moment, you could see a few of our players shaking their heads.

I think he did it twice, the 2nd ball to Ferguson went straight out of play.......
Yep, I think you are right on that. He really wasn't at the races last night, or on Saturday. Maybe its because he hasn't been playing at club level recently or maybe a player who had based his game of effort, non stop hassling of the opposition, and using the absolute limits of his physical abilities is feeling the game has passed him by at 36.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Genuinely was stunned when he got the MOTM last night, a good few sitting near us laughed out loud when it was announced - did his Mam pick it? He made too many mistakes last night. Near the end when we had a bit of a head of steam built up and were threatening their goal, the Swiss looked stretched for once, the ball fell to Seamus, there was an easy ball out to his right (Sykes I think) - instead he tried the big switch over to Smzodics, made an absolute balls of it and it went out for a throw. Totally deflated the moment, you could see a few of our players shaking their heads.

Sykes and szmodics were not on the pitch at the same time. 
I did say I Sykes 'I think'......if it was Sykes then obvs it can't have been Sammie S on the far side, as one replaced the other. Anyway, the point stands, whoever he tried the big switch over to he made a balls of it. Did you see this? Or are you just being pedantic to deflect.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:10am

Sykes and szmodics were not on the pitch at the same time. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 8:47am

I think he did it twice, the 2nd ball to Ferguson went straight out of play.......
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 8:42am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 10:10pm
Anyone else see him fling something at the sideline on ager towards the end of the game when Sykes and O'Dowda came on? Looked extremely pissed off, wonder if if twas because of the subs. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Love Seamus, but anyone who watched that game and doesn’t think he’s passed it doesn’t have a notion.
100% this.
He works hard and is tenacious .... surely this is the bare minimum. Some of the time his positioning is a little off and he appears to be really busy scampering across to make a tackle, but if he did his job right he wouldn't have needed to in the first place. He still gets huge a cheer from some in the crowd when he's covering his own mistakes.
One time in the first half on Saturday the ball was out on our left, it broke high over to our right side of defence, Seamus had time to take it down and pass it out - instead he had a big wind up to hoof it clear, mistimed it and sliced it straight out. 
In the second half we had a really good move building, it was switched over to him, but is control was horrible and it went out for a throw.
These are possibly small things but if we are relying on Coleman we really aren't at it. He seems a really good guy and super attitude etc but we need better.
Pre leg break he was excellent for his drive and work rate, but everyone ages, its catching up with him rapidly. 

If Ogbene had shown an ounce of maturity/cop on in squaring the ball we’d likely be talking about him as the match winner. Football is a fickle sport.

I do agree he was off the pace in general but that’s down to match sharpness too. He’d be far more use in the back 4 as a RB than as a RWB. I don’t mind him playing RWB against top tier opposition for his defensive ability. 

Against 4th/5th/6th seed opposition i don’t want to see him playing. Doherty,Ebosele even Knight or Ogbene far more offensive options against those sort of teams 
Fair point about the Ogbene moment ....slide the ball across and its a tap in for Coleman.
However, playing him as a RWB won't work IMHO ..... he hasn't the legs to get up and down so it will be a become a back 5, on his side anyway. Also his crossing isn't good enough to be a RWB.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 2:04pm

Love Seamus, but anyone who watched that game and doesn’t think he’s passed it doesn’t have a notion.
100% this.
He works hard and is tenacious .... surely this is the bare minimum. Some of the time his positioning is a little off and he appears to be really busy scampering across to make a tackle, but if he did his job right he wouldn't have needed to in the first place. He still gets huge a cheer from some in the crowd when he's covering his own mistakes.
One time in the first half on Saturday the ball was out on our left, it broke high over to our right side of defence, Seamus had time to take it down and pass it out - instead he had a big wind up to hoof it clear, mistimed it and sliced it straight out. 
In the second half we had a really good move building, it was switched over to him, but is control was horrible and it went out for a throw.
These are possibly small things but if we are relying on Coleman we really aren't at it. He seems a really good guy and super attitude etc but we need better.
Pre leg break he was excellent for his drive and work rate, but everyone ages, its catching up with him rapidly. 

If Ogbene had shown an ounce of maturity/cop on in squaring the ball we’d likely be talking about him as the match winner. Football is a fickle sport.

I do agree he was off the pace in general but that’s down to match sharpness too. He’d be far more use in the back 4 as a RB than as a RWB. I don’t mind him playing RWB against top tier opposition for his defensive ability. 

Against 4th/5th/6th seed opposition i don’t want to see him playing. Doherty,Ebosele even Knight or Ogbene far more offensive options against those sort of teams 

Edited by kevin100 - 25 Mar 2024 at 2:05pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 12:03pm

100% this.

Edited by nice triangles - 25 Mar 2024 at 12:04pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2024 at 3:36am
As a pure defender, in 1v1’s, he’s still brilliant. Passing has never been his strength so his attacking is limited when he can’t bomb on. But that’s where Ogbene steps in.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

He's played the RCB role a few times for us already, can see him doing that more & more, with options of Ogbene/Doherty/Ebosele outside him for legs.

Why  ?
The one thing we do have millions of are emerging young CBs who will be there for the next four or five campaigns  ?   More than we need. Already playing five three two because of it. 

In what circumstances does an aging full back soon to be retiring take their minutes  ?  Any of them from a list of probably six emerging at a good level. 

For the exact same reason he's already been playing that position for us - Experience & leadership on the field, which we're sorely lacking these days. Perhaps you've been too pissed up to notice.

I think it might be pointing the other way, Everton contract expires this summer, thirty six this winter, serious leg break overcome, our best talent coming through in the area you suggest moving him to. It doesn't stack up, I think. He might call it. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 11:28pm
If we play a back four, he's the best right back we have still. If we're playing a five, he can fill in at RWB or RCB, but it's not really where he "should" be playing at this stage of his career.
We're decent enough..
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

He's played the RCB role a few times for us already, can see him doing that more & more, with options of Ogbene/Doherty/Ebosele outside him for legs.

Why  ?
The one thing we do have millions of are emerging young CBs who will be there for the next four or five campaigns  ?   More than we need. Already playing five three two because of it. 

In what circumstances does an aging full back soon to be retiring take their minutes  ?  Any of them from a list of probably six emerging at a good level. 

For the exact same reason he's already been playing that position for us - Experience & leadership on the field, which we're sorely lacking these days. Perhaps you've been too pissed up to notice.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 11:20pm

Why  ?

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yeah, how sh*t do you have to be to only come away from a game with an Arsenal and Man City winger in your back pocket LOL

No one thinks Coleman has the attacking legs to be a wing back anymore, but to give a faultless defensive performance like he did and still have absolute wallopers calling you finished shows the general lack of intelligence in our fan base.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 10:54pm

Agreed.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 10:37pm

Yeah, how sh*t do you have to be to only come away from a game with an Arsenal and Man City winger in your back pocket LOL

No one thinks Coleman has the attacking legs to be a wing back anymore, but to give a faultless defensive performance like he did and still have absolute wallopers calling you finished shows the general lack of intelligence in our fan base.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 230>
  Share Topic