You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Dinner Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Would never have mash with Chrimbo dinner
me neither.  Roasters and home made croquette potatoesClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Mash & Roasties with gravy, gravy and more gravy
Some people just deserve a slap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Turkey with mash, mash and more mash. And of course at least half a pint of gravy.

ClapClap
ClapClap
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:06pm
My mother does a shredded bacon and Brussels sprouts thing for Christmas. Smother that in gravy and its the business 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:11pm

It’s a roastie not a roaster ffs 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Roasties are the British variety. Always roasters in my gaffClap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:17pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Roasties are the British variety. Always roasters in my gaffClap
Scottish slang. Can be used to describe someone who is making a complete **** of themselves. Once hearing being called this they should shut their trap(mouth)

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:18pm
Turkey, Ham, Roasties, Mash, Sprouts, Roast parsnips and carrots, Gravy, Sausage ball done in breadcrumbs and stuffing 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Dec 2020 at 6:12pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:44pm
f**king hate parsnips and sprouts. TurnipClap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:47pm
Mashed Spuds, Roast Spuds in Goose Fat, Ham, Turkey, Stuffing ClapClapClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:13pm
Heading to the in laws all going well for christmas dinner this year looking forward to it as the last two christmases were write offs as I was visitong my Mam in hospital for one and had just lost my mam just before last years one.  So looking forward to this christmas.

Has anyone found it tough getting used to new setups with christmas.  I.e. going to a different house and different dinners etc. 

Like most irish lads I thought My Mams dinners were the business so will be hard to beat them. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
I knew clicking into this thread hungry was a big mistake.

And I was right.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Heading to the in laws all going well for christmas dinner this year looking forward to it as the last two christmases were write offs as I was visitong my Mam in hospital for one and had just lost my mam just before last years one.  So looking forward to this christmas.

Has anyone found it tough getting used to new setups with christmas.  I.e. going to a different house and different dinners etc. 

Like most irish lads I thought My Mams dinners were the business so will be hard to beat them. 

First year not at my mothers, spending with just me and wife, will visit both parents afterwords. So be interesting to see how it goes. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:44pm

The trick is only eat what you want to, try not to leave anything on the plate so if you don't like the look of the sprouts for example ask to leave them off , same go's for all as all women are touchy about Christmas dinner as leaving food is saying you don't like it . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

The trick is only eat what you want to, try not to leave anything on the plate so if you don't like the look of the sprouts for example ask to leave them off , same go's for all as all women are touchy about Christmas dinner as leaving food is saying you don't like it . 

Murph do you know who you are chatting to 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:18pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Murph do you know who you are chatting to 😀
  You have a point LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

My mother does a shredded bacon and Brussels sprouts thing for Christmas. Smother that in gravy and its the business 
shredded bacon and sprouts sounds divine.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

First year not at my mothers, spending with just me and wife, will visit both parents afterwords. So be interesting to see how it goes. 
Fck sake be sh*te for the 2 of you’s if you are already planning a row
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic