You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Berlin to Poznan Train

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:25am
so me being by myself possibly ticketless will just be the same as most? good!
im in australia on the ole gap year at the moment so this planning isnt as easy as it would be back home..but at least iv came to australia by myself and met loads of people and having the best time so poland/euros should be the same! 
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 9:45am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

For those coming from Krakow, we could do with a Krakow to Poznan party train on the 9th as well.

08:20 - 16:15
09:00 - 17:23
11:00 - 19:18
15:26 - 22:05

I vote for the 11:00 train. It's not too late getting in and not too late starting off. As long as the Polish off licences are open before 11am, that is.

sounds good, keep it to other thread though! gonan be some laugh

I had two or three tabs open with different threads and posted in the wrong one. Whoops.
danger here View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danger here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 10:18am
I live in Berlin myself and the train you need to take is the Berlin-Warsaw Express http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/trains/overview/berlin-warzawa-express.shtml (every couple of hours). I taken it a couple of times and it's reservation only with 6 seat compartments and a carriage with regular seats. Be advised any of the trains to Poland are not operated by Deutsche Bahn but by the Polish equivalent PKP http://www.polrail.com/  and you'll need to get in touch with them.

Other possibilites I'd reccommend would be taking a local DB train to Frankfurt Oder, take a taxi to the station on the Polish side (about 10 mins) and take a local double decker Polish train to Poznan for peanuts. You can also take the 2 hour train from Berlin to Szezcin and 2 hours to Poznan or 3 to Gdansk from there and again pay much less and enjoy the old rickety Polish trains!

Mattmac View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 12:13pm
Any idea if that train goes on the Sunday? Trying to stay in Berlin the Saturday night to save a bit of money!
danger here View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danger here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:22pm
Yeah it's 7 days afaik
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Mattmac Mattmac wrote:

Any idea if that train goes on the Sunday? Trying to stay in Berlin the Saturday night to save a bit of money!
6 of us arriving in Berlin on 8th for 2 nights and gettin one of those trains on the sunday to Posnan.Id  say there ll be a few doing that
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Mattmac View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 3:00pm
Sound!
nedlad View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 3:28pm
MattMac ya cheap-scate!!  Wink
Grand stretch in the evenings...
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:09am
Right, as promised I did contact the good people at Deutsche Bahn in relation to possibly doing a group booking for the lot of us that will be on the party train. They have basically said that for internation trains the booking period varies and that I should contact them again 2 months before the intended travel.
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:48am
At the moment there are 3 of us flying into Berlin on the 7th , stay 2 nights and head up by train
on the saturday , 14.40 train sounds good , it going to be mental , anyone got the e-mail address
for a cheap hotel in Berlin ?? Please.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
Damo, have stayed here before. Basic but clean and not too expensive.

damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Damo, have stayed here before. Basic but clean and not too expensive.

Thanks for that Borussia.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:01am
Park Inn is decent,across from Alexanderplatz station which also sells the greatest kebabs in the world
Hotel has an in house BurgerKing
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
London Jackeen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Jackeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:27am

Boys N girls...I'm driving from my UK Base to Poznan ( must be mad bu there you go ) with a little overnighter in Berlin on Friday the 8th. Looking forward to the shennanigans that night and afterwards.

There's space in the wagon for one other. Minor contribution to pertol costs / a pint will suffice for payment.

PM me and I'll square it up with anybody stuck for trains etc.

Cheers

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:03am
Has anyone looked into Hostels in Berlin for the Friday night in close proximity to the station ?
gregpent View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:16am
many people interested in a bus on the Sunday leaving around 12.30pm berlin to poznan?
IrelandAway.com
awaydays View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:25am

What price is the express train ticket one way the website is mad so it is

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:39am
Originally posted by awaydays awaydays wrote:

What price is the express train ticket one way the website is mad so it is

AFAIK its 19 euro if booked early
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic